An Update For Our Console Players

Dollie
Message added by GP

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quality testing much? Why defend them?  5 years and they destroy the game with nearly every update. If I break something everytime I do my job, I would be fired in a second. Try testing your garbage content before dropping it on us next time. If you played it for 5 secs you would notice the issues. How this even got through says everything about your company. I get maybe 30 minutes of playing every few days if Im lucky...but got to enjoy dashboarding three times after a "fix"

22 hours ago, wiccanx said:

Besides dadhboarding any one else experiencing character standing up in saddles

Yes, this is happening on every Dino I ride (playing on PS4Pro) - if it's a smaller creature, like a wolf or horse, it looks like I'm standing "in them" with my legs in their body and my torso coming out of the saddle/creature.

On 6/26/2020 at 3:35 PM, Morikar said:

You worthless idiots can't stop making grave mistakes like this. Not to mention its probably gonna delete everyone's characters like it did last time.

Worthless idiots is an understatement. The fact these clowns still are not backing up characters in an MMO is beyond me.... I guess you cant fix stupid!!!!

Wild Card MUST urgently employ some qualified staff to do the releases and development AND implement character backups asap!!!!.
The current staff managing the game simply don't have the technical skills required. I doubt they even understand what a character backup is.

6 hours ago, xSmoke2Muchx said:

Quality testing much? Why defend them?  5 years and they destroy the game with nearly every update.

Agreed! People need to stop defending poor staff performance and complete incompetence.

Its really not helping the situation, its giving Wild Card the impression they are doing things right, when in actual fact its a horrible disaster.
They're so utterly incompetent they cant even recover from the mistakes they make, no character backups, no recovery, no plan, no clue!

There 'no clue' plan goes something like this:
2015 - We had a problem, lets rollback, delete everything! and allow character losses.
2016 - We had a problem, lets rollback, delete everything! and allow character losses.
2017 - Maybe we should fix stuff? nah lets just rollback and delete characters, fixing would actually require competence and skill.
2018 - We had a problem, lets rollback, delete everything! and allow character losses.
2019 - Maybe we should fix stuff? nah lets just rollback and delete characters, fixing would actually require competence and skill.
2020 - We had a problem, lets rollback, delete everything! and allow character losses.
2021 - Maybe we should fix stuff? nah lets just rollback and delete characters, fixing would actually require competence and skill.
2022 - We had a problem, lets rollback, delete everything! and allow character losses.
2023 - Maybe we should fix stuff? nah lets just rollback and delete characters, fixing would actually require competence and skill.
2024 - We had a problem, lets rollback, delete everything! and allow character losses.
2025 - Maybe we should fix stuff? nah lets just rollback and delete characters, fixing would actually require competence and skill.

8 hours ago, MostSpy said:

Worthless idiots is an understatement. The fact these clowns still are not backing up characters in an MMO is beyond me.... I guess you cant fix stupid!!!!

Wild Card MUST urgently employ some qualified staff to do the releases and development AND implement character backups asap!!!!.
The current staff managing the game simply don't have the technical skills required. I doubt they even understand what a character backup is

It is beyond anyones comprehension how a game company refuses to fix a vital game crash because its the weekend. Hate to tell Wildcard but when you screw up this bad you dont deserve a weekend. Their idea of reimbursement is extending the event. Oh wow your gonna extend the event? How about doubling the x4 and x3 for the first week of the fix update to make up for all that lost time. Oh wait they cant cause their servers are barely held together. Wildcard isnt gonna find anyone dumb enough to get involved in the deepest worst state this game has been in. And it DISGUSTS me and im sure many others that once a year theres always some major screw up they perform that wows everyone

13 hours ago, Sylvio said:

I lost all my Dino’s in upload. Ark would not allowed me to retrieve them. Now is gone, 9 cryo pods. Am I going to get this back?

I filled a claim! Am I wasting my time?

Lets face it dude the entire game is a waste of time. Wildcard never cared about their fan base. Youve got about 6 months before you get in contact with them. If your on pvp im sure youll get raided before you get your cryos back

11 minutes ago, EpicBlumpkinPie said:

In 5 years, never has a update or patch been released without any issues. It’s like nothing is ever tested before being released? Let’s give it up for Ark being in BETA for 5 years because that seems like the only reason you can get away with selling a broken product over and over again.

Not to mention the product is 100$ (60$ for the game but who the hell charges 20$ per DLC map that has the main story in the game. Scorched and gen are fine cause thats not the mainline story but these scummy business men charged more money for the main game,)

Bumkin so is genesis 1 and 2 they needed the money first to bring it together which says to me that they are skint and support and investor's dont trust them either and people who purchased it way back last year got hlna wow then couldn't get on servers for weeks for people buying last minute. No compensation offered to those who helped them get the money to develop it and couldn't play it for week after even though it was pushed back twice. They need to care for their customers more.

Game is unplayable, crashing.

Welp we got the summer bash update fully downloaded yesterday and went to try and play it today, result is constant crashing. Quickly, the basics.

Xbox X, game loaded and playing from an external SSD, hard wired to network, all graphic options set to as low as possible, and offline single player while playing with a second player in split screen. On the island, no other saves, no data transfer, not even done a boss fight yet.

Next, it seems to be a cache issue......it happens frequently and regularly without fail. Once every half hour, the game just goes straight to the xbox dashboard and the game requires being restarted to is last known save. And honestly that sucks the worst as things that have happened since the last save is lost......I went fishing, got a mastercraft blueprint for gas masks, thought it was a good catch, then was dashboarded with a game crash......I lost the blueprint for the mask as well as many other items.

As it is, I am getting ready to do a boss fight, but with the way things are going, I would not attempt one as if the game saves while Im in the arena, then crashes later, I could potentially wind up in the middle of a fight while loading in and get smashed, along with my dino's…..

As of right now, I must say that the game is a tad bit unplayable and am wondering when the next patch will roll out?

On 6/27/2020 at 6:23 PM, Biffta89 said:

I rent a server, so not only am i losing play time im also losing money. Just roll back and remove the summer bash update so that people can actualy play. Think 9/10 players couldnt give a monkeys about the event. Pathetic

10/10    who cares about the damn event at all? What kind of loser cares about skins......we just wanna play!

9 hours ago, Morikar said:

Not to mention the product is 100$ (60$ for the game but who the hell charges 20$ per DLC map that has the main story in the game. Scorched and gen are fine cause thats not the mainline story but these scummy business men charged more money for the main game,)

It's times like this i am thankful for my gamepass....... its safe to say i will not be purchasing this game.

Archived