An Update For Our Console Players

Dollie
Message added by GP

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's 8:15 am eastern here and my husband and I are getting repeatedly dashboards on Abberation.....we can't even get our tames back to base because by the time we get loaded back in and in the saddle we get dashboarded again......been repeating this process for last 35 min so we can try to get back to base and just log off

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, MarkNOLA said:

Ever since the update I crash every 5-10 minutes while playing single player. I just started but I loved the game. I think it has something to do with the auto save function. Is there anything I can do or should I stop playing? Ps I’m XBox One 

Probably best to wait for the next patch that is currently in Microsoft certification. Will probably be Monday most likely.

Thank you GP for at least keeping people updated, I guess monday it is, but please do not take out the summer event. A few people may be unhappy with it, But I like the events that happen, gives me an opportunity to do something different, though prime meat jerky is a bit time consuming to get. I think it would be amazing to have dropped recipies for summer foods as well.

Yeah These idiots have screwed up from day 1 of game release.update they did update around Easter made bunch of people’s electric wires disappear and when u looked in a cryo frig it killed the cryo pods.we lost hundreds of Dino’s that we will never get back. Thank you wildcard devs  for sucking at you jobs. They should all be fired!!!!!!!!!!    Anyone just starting this game you should quit now before you are kinda stuck like I am..I have played on official servers since they opened and worked hard for Dino’s I have but keep losing Dino’s every time these idiot devs mess up  but I worked to hard to just quit   If you don’t really have much quit and don’t buy anything from wildcard again   I will never buy one more thing from them ever again . 

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, Thornth93 said:

I know that the crashes are still frequent, but can anyone tell me if the invisible aberrant Dinos have been fixed with this mornings update so I can safely roll back my server so people can get their tames back? 

Yes the invisible dino issue has been resolved.

On 6/26/2020 at 2:10 AM, Dollie said:

A core piece of game data was corrupted in the latest patch, which resulted in various issues including the loss of some Aberration creatures (primarily Aberrant variants), incorrect animations, missing item info, and more.

We are currently working on a server-side fix for both Xbox and PS4. We expect the hotfix will be ready in approximately four hours, given all goes smoothly. With the deployment of the hotfix, we’ll be conducting a service-wide rollback on our Official Xbox and PS4 servers to the point of the initial deployment, so players can expect a rollback of approximately 8 or so hours by the time we actually deploy the fix.

However, an aspect of this fix requires a client update, which we aim to get through certification as quickly as possible. In the interim, players will experience some oddities such as creatures, the ones which were temporarily lost, appearing as “invisible”. We understand this isn’t ideal but we feel rolling back as quickly as possible and deploying the server-side fixes minimizes the disturbance to your game time.

We apologise for this inconvenience, we have been so excited to get this event into your hands. We’ll be extending the Summer Bash 2020 so everyone has the opportunity to fully enjoy it.

Thank you for your patience. 

The Wildcard Team. 

Extinction still crashed and kicked me off my own game?

8 hours ago, Hk780 said:

Are we done rolling back after this update? Or am I gonna lose another whole day of gameplay?

That is the last I've heard on whether there will be more rollbacks.  Though you know, it's Ark so there could have been something else that might have them considering rolling back again.

EDIT:  To be clear, it's very likely there won't be a rollback given how they've handled similar situations in the past.  Just calling out that software can and will have issues so you can never know for certain.  Like say they find some of the new content allows for duping or meshing and they need to undo considerable damage.  Again, not likely but just saying it "could" happen.

I understand but this post was yesterday and it is now 6/27 and wondering what is the status of the incoming update and about what day should we see it because most players including me for the most part can’t log in for more than 5 minutes at a time and have still quite a bit of dinosaurs missing. How ever I see the update it self is in working order such as a the very colorful dinosaur skins

2 hours ago, Bioweaponized said:

Yeah These idiots have screwed up from day 1 of game release.update they did update around Easter made bunch of people’s electric wires disappear and when u looked in a cryo frig it killed the cryo pods.we lost hundreds of Dino’s that we will never get back. Thank you wildcard devs  for sucking at you jobs. They should all be fired!!!!!!!!!!    Anyone just starting this game you should quit now before you are kinda stuck like I am..I have played on official servers since they opened and worked hard for Dino’s I have but keep losing Dino’s every time these idiot devs mess up  but I worked to hard to just quit   If you don’t really have much quit and don’t buy anything from wildcard again   I will never buy one more thing from them ever again . 

Then simply stop complaining or stop playing. I have been on Ark for nearly 5 years. They have a pretty small team last I checked compared to most companies that have games this big. Plus if you look at the time stamps on those tweets. Pretty sure they haven't slept since this issue began and as of right now it is out of their hands as it is in certification.

Which for those that don't know. Means that when a game company releases anything digitally, from DLC to updates, it basically has to be approved by Microsoft or Sony before it can be deployed for people to download.

It was said late last night or early this morning, depending, that they have a solution but the people at the Microsoft HQ are essentially home for the weekend and won't be there to do anything about it until Monday morning.

So you Wildcard people. Sleep. You earned it, cause you really do care but there just came the point where the solution is there but you can't get it out cause of red tape. 

It sucks yeah, but they do want us to play their game.

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, Spiderdje said:

I understand but this post was yesterday and it is now 6/27 and wondering what is the status of the incoming update and about what day should we see it because most players including me for the most part can’t log in for more than 5 minutes at a time and have still quite a bit of dinosaurs missing. How ever I see the update it self is in working order such as a the very colorful dinosaur skins

There's a patch in Microsoft cert. Not expected to release until Monday at the earliest.

1 minute ago, TheALLcNi said:

Guess what? When I do my job, I have to do it right.  Sorry I just installed 70 solar panels on your house but only 12 of them work.  Might fix it today I might fix it next week. But check out these new designs that I put on. Doesn't that make it all better?  

Going with you analogy.

"Hey those panels I installed don't work quite right and I have the solution BUT in order to work on them I need the approval of the company that makes them."

They said they have the solution, it just needs basically approval by Microsoft or Song to release it to the public.

Ok an extra 21G download as a fix.... I could see why the big partners are reluctant on pushing  out another one so quick.  21G isn't chump change.  There should have been a whole lot of a whole bunch of lots being fixed with 21 gigs.   Take the servers down completely. Fix it.  At least all the survivors won't be stuck with the frustration of the disconnects and deaths and deaths of good tames.  I'd rather not be able to play it at all till it was fixed. Then deal with the false hope that "maybe it'll work this time".

11 minutes ago, TheALLcNi said:

Ok an extra 21G download as a fix.... I could see why the big partners are reluctant on pushing  out another one so quick.  21G isn't chump change.  There should have been a whole lot of a whole bunch of lots being fixed with 21 gigs.   Take the servers down completely. Fix it.  At least all the survivors won't be stuck with the frustration of the disconnects and deaths and deaths of good tames.  I'd rather not be able to play it at all till it was fixed. Then deal with the false hope that "maybe it'll work this time".

I sat in my living room downloading it for an hour and a half. I get that it sucks but getting worked up like that won't help your problem friend. You think I am happy about the tames and babies I more than likely will lose? No. But at least you don't have to start over from scratch like what happened when they took it out of game preview. I was part of an alliance that controlled 3 public servers and we lost everything.

To be blunt. poop happens, it is a large game. If one tiny bit of data doesn't jive with some of the rest it can cause a failure like it did. And some bugs to really show up in studio test where there are likely less than 100 systems running the program vs millions when it gets released.

So I feel your pain, but getting so angry about it won't help anyone.

So take a deep breath. Relax. And be patient. As like the saying goes: "Good things come to those who wait."

2 hours ago, TheALLcNi said:

CyclonusZaero1986 I'm chill.  Just stating what's on my mind.   I don't even think I went that hard on my comments.  

It isn't just you I direct it at my dude. If you and others see the exchange we have had maybe they will understand some of what happened.

Lol But god I do feel those nerves of... "I hope nothing starves to death." To say the least.

Archived