An Update For Our Console Players

Dollie
Message added by GP

Wildcard please! Roll back the game till before the update, it has ruined my game on xboxone, to the point where I’m only allowed 20 minutes of gameplay until the game crashes and everything I’ve built in that time disappears with me, I enjoy there skins and event dinos but I’d like to play the game lol. Please reset back before the update!!

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is all fine and well that your going to do a rollback. But what happens to the dinos we have hatched and tamed between the time of the update and the rollback. As well as building that were built. Not knowing the timing to the min. we will not know where our character was at that time. I am ready for the fix as I like to go back to my home map. As all the obs and city terminals are all messed up and cant travel. 

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Jacey said:

It is all fine and well that your going to do a rollback. But what happens to the dinos we have hatched and tamed between the time of the update and the rollback.

That's the difficulty of doing rollbacks. People will lose content if no rollback is done, therefore those that played during that time are happier, but people will lose content if a rollback is done, therefore those that originally lost stuff are happier.

Difficult decisions have to be made about what makes a bigger impact between restoring servers and doing no rollbacks. Either way players will lose stuff.

Can we at least get some sort of update (versus leaving folks hanging) in regards to the crashes?  The game currently is unplayable due to the game crashing (black screen) and then taking you back to the Xbox home screen.  Hundreds of fans are asking for news on this but we are left in the dark.  Any news or updates are better than none.  Give your fans a nibble to keep them hopeful.  

8 minutes ago, GP said:

That's the difficulty of doing rollbacks. People will lose content if no rollback is done, therefore those that played during that time are happier, but people will lose content if a rollback is done, therefore those that originally lost stuff are happier.

Difficult decisions have to be made about what makes a bigger impact between restoring servers and doing no rollbacks. Either way players will lose stuff.

Let me ask you have you done the rollback or are you going to do the rollback just asking because if I am playing now will everything be delete it?

1 hour ago, DodoRaptor said:

My  brother's single player ark won't stop crashing. He's on Xbox one. Happened three times. Also whenever he uses a torch/spyglass on a flyer his character stands up. Why? My game crashed once yesterday on PC, but for the most part it seems stable.

I would definitely hold off on playing on single player if you can, as last official thing I read about it is that you may end up losing data, if it's not already lost.  :(  So far as I can tell they have not released a fixed client version.  But it's pretty chaotic in getting that sort of information right now.

Hopefully someone at WC can keep the original post here up to date with status for the various things rather than having to rely on various tidbits about what is and what is not fixed.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, DemonicDrgn said:

Can we at least get some sort of update (versus leaving folks hanging) in regards to the crashes?  The game currently is unplayable due to the game crashing (black screen) and then taking you back to the Xbox home screen.  Hundreds of fans are asking for news on this but we are left in the dark.  Any news or updates are better than none.  Give your fans a nibble to keep them hopeful.  

The latest update is that a client patch is going through Microsoft certification. How long that will take is like asking how long is a piece of string.

6 minutes ago, GP said:

The rollback has already occurred.

Okay so if the rollback has already occurred for Xbox and PS4. Can we at least find out the timing that it occurred? Because my PS4 has not showed any new download for Ark. So I am assuming the hotfix has not happen for the PS4 yet. I went on a friends server and it's acting the same way. So how will they know when to update their servers again. I'm assuming the company will message them. But she does not know either. I know I like to know about the rollback time so I know if I need to wait before jumping on and seeing where I am at on the offical server. 

Guys, perhaps you are misunderstanding a "rollback"..

A "rollback" is when you restore (in this case) a servers OS/programs, and/or data, to a previous state. In this case the "rollback" was both a "patch" that was followed by a "rollback".

First, WC pushed out a SERVER patch (or update) that was aimed at addressing bugs in the core Ark server program. This patch was pushed to all official servers and made available to all unofficial servers (companies like Nitrado then push the server update to all their customers servers that have autoupdate turned on).

Second... WC then initiated a DATA "rollback" that affects Official servers ONLY. This data rollback restores the players game state to a chosen save, probably the one that was created moments BEFORE the Summer Bash server update was installed earlier.

If you play on a private server... A data rollback is something that the admin of THAT server can choose to do, or not.

On the Nitrado cluster-server that I play on there are currently zero reports of anything missing or lost. Currently out issue is only that our game is crashing about every 6-10 minutes of play. 

Currently we are waiting on a console update for a solution.

Hope this clears things up for some people.

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, Jacey said:

Okay so if the rollback has already occurred for Xbox and PS4. Can we at least find out the timing that it occurred? Because my PS4 has not showed any new download for Ark. So I am assuming the hotfix has not happen for the PS4 yet. I went on a friends server and it's acting the same way. So how will they know when to update their servers again. I'm assuming the company will message them. But she does not know either. I know I like to know about the rollback time so I know if I need to wait before jumping on and seeing where I am at on the offical server. 

It's the servers that rolled back to the start of the event. It wasn't a version rollback.

There is also a client-side update that is currently going through certification. This is what will possibly resolve all the crashing issues.

1 minute ago, GP said:

It's the servers that rolled back to the start of the event. It wasn't a version rollback.

There is also a client-side update that is currently going through certification. This is what will possibly resolve all the crashing issues.

I know you guys are doing your best rn. And waiting for the certification process. I want to make sure that this client patch won't cause more problems. 

Archived