An Update For Our Console Players

Dollie
Message added by GP

• Administrator

A core piece of game data was corrupted in the latest patch, which resulted in various issues including the loss of some Aberration creatures (primarily Aberrant variants), incorrect animations, missing item info, and more.

We are currently working on a server-side fix for both Xbox and PS4. We expect the hotfix will be ready in approximately four hours, given all goes smoothly. With the deployment of the hotfix, we’ll be conducting a service-wide rollback on our Official Xbox and PS4 servers to the point of the initial deployment, so players can expect a rollback of approximately 8 or so hours by the time we actually deploy the fix.

However, an aspect of this fix requires a client update, which we aim to get through certification as quickly as possible. In the interim, players will experience some oddities such as creatures, the ones which were temporarily lost, appearing as “invisible”. We understand this isn’t ideal but we feel rolling back as quickly as possible and deploying the server-side fixes minimizes the disturbance to your game time.

We apologise for this inconvenience, we have been so excited to get this event into your hands. We’ll be extending the Summer Bash 2020 so everyone has the opportunity to fully enjoy it.

Thank you for your patience. 

The Wildcard Team. 

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dollie said:

A core piece of game data was corrupted in the latest patch, which resulted in various issues including the loss of some Aberration creatures (primarily Aberrant variants), incorrect animations, missing item info, and more.

We are currently working on a server-side fix for both Xbox and PS4. We expect the hotfix will be ready in approximately four hours, given all goes smoothly. With the deployment of the hotfix, we’ll be conducting a service-wide rollback on our Official Xbox and PS4 servers to the point of the initial deployment, so players can expect a rollback of approximately 8 or so hours by the time we actually deploy the fix.

However, an aspect of this fix requires a client update, which we aim to get through certification as quickly as possible. In the interim, players will experience some oddities such as creatures, the ones which were temporarily lost, appearing as “invisible”. We understand this isn’t ideal but we feel rolling back as quickly as possible and deploying the server-side fixes minimizes the disturbance to your game time.

We apologise for this inconvenience, we have been so excited to get this event into your hands. We’ll be extending the Summer Bash 2020 so everyone has the opportunity to fully enjoy it.

Thank you for your patience. 

The Wildcard Team. 

Will these server patches be passed on to Nitrado servers (and the like) at that time as well? 

You worthless idiots can't stop making grave mistakes like this. Not to mention its probably gonna delete everyone's characters like it did last time. Extending the summer bash event is not enough for wasting 1000's of players time by 8 or more hours. More compensation is needed. Or the event be extended until the actual end of summer.

I’m so sick of wildcard making these mistakes I know at least 20 people who just uninstalled ark today all the time we put in and to have lag spikes that last 3min Dcing all the time server roll backs that delete characters and progress and all you guys can say is you’ll extend this dumb event how about fix your poop and keep 3x on forever everyone is past the point of sick and tired of dealing with dumb issues. No more bullpoop fix this game before it dies completely 

I wouldn't care if I could simply save my ark data uploads. They blocked us from taking out tames then tell us its our fault because we left them in there. Even a simple reply on weather or not there gonna reaet uploads is all I want. If they reset awesome I'll play if I just lost eveything after litterally stalking the game for 8 hours waiting on them then I'm deleting the game.

So where’s this roll back at? It’s going on 6hours now and still haven’t heard anything about how far they’ve gotten or what will be done to avoid and compensate for this. A simple extension onto the event isn’t enough as I’ve seen in another post the event better be extended ALOT longer or simple just to the end of actual summer. For the stuff that people are going to be losing and already have lost this simply isn’t enough and the devs can’t do anything to fix it. 

Archived