There should not be rules against being immoral in-game.

mgsgta3

Ive been playing since the beginning, and it's always been a firm belief of mine that the fun is largely derived from our interaction with others. "is he being genuine? is he trying to rip me off?". Instances like being insided have ways of being defended against in-game as is, and anyone who gets insided just didnt use those. I say this as someone who has never insided somebody either.
I feel like all of the rules limiting peoples moral behavior should be removed, especially when you take into consideration that they arent enforced anyways.
     I look at games like EVE:online, and they thrive just fine without limiting people from doing whatever they want so long as its not cheating. That in Ark would be awesome(because EVE:online is awfully boring) and how ark used to be, and was a ton of fun.

8 minutes ago, ArkRage said:

Just peeing in the wind on this game playing pvp unless you're part of an alpha tribe.

Nonsense.  I only play solo and always pick the most heavily populated PvP servers I can possibly find, preferably with several hostile "alphas".  I get by just fine, haven't been successfully raided in probably 18 months.

12 hours ago, mgsgta3 said:

all of the rules limiting peoples moral behavior should be removed

I dont want to engage in, or be victim of someone else's desires for immorality, I am 100% against permitting immorality on my home server, which is a PVE Official.

I left legacy because of the lack of enforcement for unruly behavior disrupting my progress in this game (wall of behemoths blocking my way was last straw)
So, um, play legacy I would suggest? Rules arent enforced there.

16 hours ago, mgsgta3 said:

Ive been playing since the beginning, and it's always been a firm belief of mine that the fun is largely derived from our interaction with others. "is he being genuine? is he trying to rip me off?". Instances like being insided have ways of being defended against in-game as is, and anyone who gets insided just didnt use those. I say this as someone who has never insided somebody either.
I feel like all of the rules limiting peoples moral behavior should be removed, especially when you take into consideration that they arent enforced anyways.
     I look at games like EVE:online, and they thrive just fine without limiting people from doing whatever they want so long as its not cheating. That in Ark would be awesome(because EVE:online is awfully boring) and how ark used to be, and was a ton of fun.

Yes and no.

Insiding is a PvP action. People choose to play PvE to avoid PvP and your in game checks and balances do not account for C4, rockets, etc against structures or pikes, swords, shotguns, etc. against tames.

However, taking loot from drops even if someone is there first is crappy but should not be regulated. Nowhere do friends need to be made but actions that directly affect a player negatively without their consent on PvE should be considered PvP and therefore griefing which is against the CoC.

The rule may not always be enforced, as it is hard to catch/prove, but if it is written it gives the option to enforcement to enforce once sufficient proof is found. 

It's worth being written down.

• 2 months later...

Ill bring this post back to life real quick. lol

I think some things were not conveyed eloquently enough on my end. I dont mean to add these things to pve. PVE should never be opened to PVP like aspects or made more vulnerable to it. 
Using game mechanics to do things that are not intended by the devs, such as having broncos blocking you inside, etc. is exploiting and not allowed, and im not talking about that either. 
Im certainly not saying harrassment should be allowed. 
What I am meaning is that, if ones clever enough to outwit someone in-game we should leave them be and let their actions catch up with them on their own in-game(like if someone insides someone)

3 hours ago, mgsgta3 said:

Ill bring this post back to life real quick. lol

I think some things were not conveyed eloquently enough on my end. I dont mean to add these things to pve. PVE should never be opened to PVP like aspects or made more vulnerable to it. 
Using game mechanics to do things that are not intended by the devs, such as having broncos blocking you inside, etc. is exploiting and not allowed, and im not talking about that either. 
What I am meaning is that, if ones clever enough to outwit someone in-game we should leave them be and let their actions catch up with them on their own in-game(like if someone insides someone)

I think there generally isn't much non moral stuff disallowed in pvp to begin with. You can inside tribes, scam (for ingame trades), or keep someone locked in cages for the rest of time with no repercussions.

On 6/25/2020 at 8:46 PM, mgsgta3 said:

1) Insiding is already allowed (in both PvP and PvE) so i doesn't make sense that you bring it up.

2) You want ARK to be more like Eve Online but then you say that Eve Online is "awfully boring" so... that doesn't add up.

So far all we have is you making extremely vague statements about immoral behavior, you need to be more specific. What exactly do you think should be allowed in ARK that's not, because "immoral behavior" mean nothing without some kind of context.

6 hours ago, mgsgta3 said:

I think some things were not conveyed eloquently enough on my end.

Honestly, nothing was conveyed eloquently enough on your end, your OP basically added up to a big bowl of empty.

6 hours ago, mgsgta3 said:

At this point you don't mean adding PvP-style interaction to PvE, you don't mean allowing exploits, you don't mean harassment. Seriously what do you mean, so far you haven't given one single example other than 'outwitting someone'.

What specific immoral actions do you think should be allowed in the game that are currently not allowed?

Archived