Message added by GP

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Adding to this forum...Do the developers really check the forum because I've been dealing with the crash issue for what feels like a eternity (couple weeks). No updates...constant crashes making the g

Official, unofficial, singleplayer not even the map matters the same issue again and again, it's extremely aggravating.

they can but i dont think they will i was told by a mod that they are going to do a client side update soon to fix crashes yet even after rollback i lost argy and anky   [edit] and i crashed

Posted Images

I also paid for this game and I also believe that the game can have some minor bugs, it can be good or bad, but it can't crash!!!!!!! I have to decide if I don't like it and stop playing it, but it can't crash every 15 damn minutes!!!!

It's unacceptable that MS allows this sort of behavior in their store!! What's the point of paying the game pass if the games I play just crash?

If every company starts doing that, the game pass becomes full of unplayable games!

I emailed Microsoft to ask how can they possibly accept games that haven't been tested properly :/ They should remove Ark from their list if the game doesn't even work!!!

Disconnecting every 10 minutes is really getting old

Seriously, it’s been like 2 days and this is still happening, how am i supposed to get anything done let alone wyvern milk runs? I lost my only wyvern that cost 200 c4 from dashboard crash right after i stole an egg and i’m very angry. How long is this supposed to last? I crashed again as i was typing this..

So you've already downloaded the latest update for xbox that just dropped in the past 12 hours ???? And still raptored ????

I don't care about their experiments. If they publish a game that crashes every 15 mins or disconnects time to time, it's their fault and they are publishing a game on xbox, it's not a cracked game downloaded on win.

I play for fun, not to be frustrated with an unplayable game. Plus the game was working perfectly before this patch, so if they don't test their updates I don't care! Put back the old version then :/

Microsoft should prevent games to be in their game pass if they don't work. If this update was not tested it shouldn't be published at all

So I came home to another update today, thinking oh finally they’ve come out with a patch to fix this BS! HAAA NO they didn’t. I still keep getting booted to the Xbox home screen. Man I use to be able to play this game literally all day. Do anybody know who’s in charge of keeping us up to date? Is there someone I can follow on Twitter or something? 

My wife downloaded the 21 Gb update this morning to her Xbox One X. She was able to play single player for 35 to 40 minutes before experiencing another hard crash to the Xbox home screen. She experienced several more hard crashes over several hours. After her final crash, it completely wiped her character and all progress DESPITE executing a Saveworld command.

Another Friday afternoon rushed patch to a patch, followed by a rushed patch. Now to be followed by a Monday expedited patch to the patch to the patch.... You get my drift. 

This is happening to us as well

15 minutes ago, BillMurray said:

My wife downloaded the 21 Gb update this morning to her Xbox One X. She was able to play single player for 35 to 40 minutes before experiencing another hard crash to the Xbox home screen. She experienced several more hard crashes over several hours. After her final crash, it completely wiped her character and all progress DESPITE executing a Saveworld command.

Another Friday afternoon rushed patch to a patch, followed by a rushed patch. Now to be followed by a Monday expedited patch to the patch to the patch.... You get my drift. 

1 hour ago, xboxplayer2017 said:

I don't care about their experiments. If they publish a game that crashes every 15 mins or disconnects time to time, it's their fault and they are publishing a game on xbox, it's not a cracked game downloaded on win.

I play for fun, not to be frustrated with an unplayable game. Plus the game was working perfectly before this patch, so if they don't test their updates I don't care! Put back the old version then :/

Microsoft should prevent games to be in their game pass if they don't work. If this update was not tested it shouldn't be published at all

Exactly

Yes we need a fix. I rolled back my server to before the summer event updates and I'm crashing every few minutes. I also Uninstaller and reinstall the game and dlc. I've reset my server, shut it off for an hour and back on. Scorched earth still is not working. I've even considered doing a full map reset but I get the feeling it won't work. 

Crashing pretty much every 30 mins

Since two updates ago on Xbox one x I have been crashing ALOT. Never crashed before these updates though. I thought yesterday's patch would of helped but nooooope! Still crashing today every 30 mins. I'm new to Ark and these forums, but I must say finding actual updated patch notes is raptoren miserable if not futile here. My lord!

summer bash update crash

every since I did the summer bash update the game has been kicking me off roughly every 20 minutes of play. I deleted and redownload all 92gb and it is still crashing. another update of roughly 22gdlb came out, I did it, same thing, crashes roughly every 20 minutes of play and wont save anything. I called microsoft and sent through console reset, it also did not help, no other game is doing this on my console, just ark.

Tested attempting to log out and log back in after a few minutes to see if the crashing is time related.. turns out after being logged in for seven minutes I logged out and then back in. About two minutes later the game crashed on its own. I was hoping it wouldn't so that we can somewhat control the load screens between the crashing. Oh well...

Stop removing this post. It has information for the community. Dear Volunteer Moderator, I thought I posted in the wrong part of the forums since I WAS NOT notified of MY POST being merged with another. NO I did not know it was merged. I thought I had placed my post in another post since I was viewing multiple posts at the time. Hence the reason for EDITING. IF you actually READ the post it has more than just Summer Bash information. It also contains possible questions to help the Wild Card team in fixing some of their underlining issues. Thanks. 

Well, here we are again.

Thanks WC for the update and the effort put forth on Friday... It's amazing how an 8 GB event caused sever crashes, bugs, a roll back and an update all within 24 hours. What baffles me is some of the people in the community were saying the update was around 21 GB. Which is almost 2.5X larger than that of the event update. Yet my update was 63.4 GB??? If the issued update doesn't fix the server crashes; would it be easier to disable the 8 GB update temporarily, do server roll backs and tackle the issues at hand come Monday morning? Basically restore everyone's game to the point before the Summer Bash update.

But on to cover what my tags are about. I log in to find the babies I was trying to imprint on starved to death. Yes, believe it or not some of us was still on Ark even with all that was going on. I'd ask for replacements but I've been through that ticket process before (more than once) and was met with "Due to an internal policy we are not able to." So what's the point of this post? One is to mention, what I've asked for before in a previous post, stop releasing updates on a FRIDAY! DO IT ON MONDAY! We the community are stuck with a game that we purchased and was working fine until the Summer Crash update came out. Now we can't play our purchased content until the head folks at Wild Card get their collective "acts" together. The best we can hope for is a fix come Monday. Fact check time, whenever an event comes out there's always bugs, crashes, problems and hot fixes to be issued. So rather than releasing updates on Friday, do it Monday. This gives ample time for all the teams at Wild Card to fix all issues at hand throughout the week. Rather than releasing the same statement time after time about it being a Friday and there's not much to be done until Monday gets around.

Secondly, GIVE PEOPLE A NOTICE BEYOND TWITTER! Understandably WC does not have the capability to contact every single person. However, make a post on the forums and put it in the Bugs category since that's where people are viewing. Release a post on Twitter and more importantly push a notification through to the servers. Just like how we get notices stating the servers are going done in 15 minutes. If that part can't be done put the notice on the home screen right before we log into Join Game. We'll see the message there if the game is crashing every 10 minutes. Is that not something that's within the company's grasp!?

At it's core Ark Survival Evolved is truly a one of kind game. It's fantastic and everyone that I talk to all have unique experiences. I'll never forget the first time spawning into an unknown world and punching trees on an unknown beach with friends. People in the community say "fix your game" in just about every other post. I know that's hard and tiresome to hear but come on WC there's no excuse for why an 8 GB update could have caused this much trouble. That was due to poor testing. Set up a virtual machine in house that'll act under the same circumstances as XBOX Live (or as best as possible). Test Ark on it, run simulations, run stress tests and if something is off don't release the update.    

Edited by TmCPitbull