New chibi grinding

Saltee

Just now, LilJazzy said:

If there was an increased chance of a better chibi, fine but there is zero way I'm grinding prime meat jerky. Shame but at least it's solved my dodo/chibi addiction! ^_^

Lol, was thinking the same thing.  But... I'm sure that I'll find a way to get a use out of my 14 preserving bins now.  I was sure that 14 bins was WAY OVERKILL.... apparently not.

Hear me out though: you run a fun summer event along with the Epic store and now 80% off (nice!!!) the main game so you get a chance at some new players again which I've enjoyed recently. Past events, you kill some dodos and you can swaddle in the fun gear or do quick chibis in a cooking pot with cakes ect. Now? not so much :(   I wanna see new players running along the beach in swim wear and I'm not donating my prime meat jerky to it if I'm gonna have to play gamble for better chibis. Some of the items could have been a tad easier to achieve. 

No amount of prime meat jerky is worth the effort imo for the randomness of the chibi's.  Spent alot of time on the Party Dodos which were so much easier to get, and still only got 3 of the 5 new ones.  Need to balance the effort between events as well as reduce the rareness of the rare chibi's - seeing them being sold on ebay is just sad.

7 minutes ago, Lilyoptra said:

No amount of prime meat jerky is worth the effort imo for the randomness of the chibi's.  Spent alot of time on the Party Dodos which were so much easier to get, and still only got 3 of the 5 new ones.  Need to balance the effort between events as well as reduce the rareness of the rare chibi's - seeing them being sold on ebay is just sad.

The party dodos have been by far the easiest way to get chibis from any event. The Christmas event where you could get them from drops was decent, but there was a lot of competition getting to the drops and taking them before others on the server. The fishing event was a joke on this game because it's such a tedious task that you can't even really afk. I agree that they should make more events where chibis easily attainable, such as with the party dodos, but I believe the rarity of them is a large part of what makes them desirable. If you are given weeks to grind chibis and their rareness is reduced, then everyone could easily have every chibi after every event and their value would diminish. 

52 minutes ago, IGacha said:

The party dodos have been by far the easiest way to get chibis from any event. The Christmas event where you could get them from drops was decent, but there was a lot of competition getting to the drops and taking them before others on the server. The fishing event was a joke on this game because it's such a tedious task that you can't even really afk. I agree that they should make more events where chibis easily attainable, such as with the party dodos, but I believe the rarity of them is a large part of what makes them desirable. If you are given weeks to grind chibis and their rareness is reduced, then everyone could easily have every chibi after every event and their value would diminish. 

easter chibi's were much easier than the party dodo's (since you could trap packs of them)even with the server stability issues on official we were getting them at a much higher rate than the party dodo's in my experience. prime meat jerky for a lottery chance at chibi's is just a joke imo.

36 minutes ago, Muucow said:

easter chibi's were much easier than the party dodo's (since you could trap packs of them)even with the server stability issues on official we were getting them at a much higher rate than the party dodo's in my experience. prime meat jerky for a lottery chance at chibi's is just a joke imo.

easter event was hard too because you could pop 10 eggs and not get a single chibi. If you kill 10 party dodos thats 16 chibis guaranteed 

1 hour ago, IGacha said:

easter event was hard too because you could pop 10 eggs and not get a single chibi. If you kill 10 party dodos thats 16 chibis guaranteed 

Yea but that took time to find them, I could have gotten probably at least 5k eggs stored in the same amount of time it took me enough to get 50 chibis in party dodos.

18 hours ago, IGacha said:

16 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

Yea but that took time to find them, I could have gotten probably at least 5k eggs stored in the same amount of time it took me enough to get 50 chibis in party dodos.

I agree, Easter was, by far, the easiest way to get chibis.  Grab a bunch of Dodos and trap them in a small enclosed area - they're little egg factories - barely need to move at that point, just walk around using "F" to grab all close eggs.  Did thousands and thousands of eggs and got all chibis available thru that point. (As an aside, up to this point, Valentine's was the worst way to get chibis.)  May just wait till next Easter to get those I'm missing if they continue to be a pain.

Death by Dodo.jpg

33 minutes ago, Lilyoptra said:

I agree, Easter was, by far, the easiest way to get chibis.  Grab a bunch of Dodos and trap them in a small enclosed area - they're little egg factories - barely need to move at that point, just walk around using "F" to grab all close eggs.  Did thousands and thousands of eggs and got all chibis available thru that point. (As an aside, up to this point, Valentine's was the worst way to get chibis.)  May just wait till next Easter to get those I'm missing if they continue to be a pain.

Death by Dodo.jpg

Yes I found it kind of monotonous placing 150 eggs then breaking them. If we could have broken them with mele it would have made it a little more fun, but hunting those dodos was a lot of fun, I spent a lot more time doing than than anything the last couple weeks! 

51 minutes ago, Lilyoptra said:

Death by Dodo.jpg

Yes this certainly looks easier, however I don't believe that this image is what ark devs had in mind for grinding chibis for this event. This is clearly an exploit that should've been considered, however I don't believe the devs will be making the same mistake in making a rare item so easily exploitable. 

Lets do some math. To get one unique legendary chibi you need to gamble 3024 times on average. If you want to be 95% sure you will have to multiply 3024 by ln(20) that's approximately equal to 3. It's 9059 gambles I expect to do to get all the chibis. Then 9059*50=452950 prime meat jerky. No way in hell I would be up to that kind of insane grind! Lets suppose it takes n=1 prime meat jerky. I need 9059*n=9059 then. My quasi-singleplayer cluster works say 8h a day for most days. Lets get them after a week with one spare day. 9059*n/8/6=189 jerky per hour yield required. One bin cooks one jerky for 36min so you get 60/36 per hour. That means 189 jerky per hour needs to be cooked in 189/60*36=114 preserving bins. Multiply 114*n to adjust it for the exact cost that isn't known yet. One industrial grill cooks 12 cooked prime meat for 18sec according to wiki. It means you have to spend 9059*n/12*18~=13600sec or almost 4 hours of non-stop cooking for every piece of meat in the recipe that would be scaled down according to the number of grills. The easiest way I see to do it is to grind wyverns. I feel bad for default settings servers and officials as wyverns must be juggernauts of death on 1x.

I hope it will be either non-jerky cooked prime meat or multiple chibis per one unit of jerky.

Archived