Community Crunch 227: Summer Bash and Summer Sale

StudioWildcard

Summer Bash Is Live

Break out your shades and catch some rays in the 2020 Summer Bash event. If you ever needed an excuse to celebrate summer and soak in some sun, we've got you covered.  From June 25th to July 14th the second Summer Bash event will be underway.  Spend your time relaxing by the beach in the new Hawaiian shirts or have a fight your tribe using the new water-gun skin. However you choose to spend your summer in ARK, Summer Bash is bound to cook up a lot of entertainment. 

2.jpg

Server Settings

• -activeevent=Summer

Event Start

• PC: 10AM PDT
  • XBOX & PS4: 1PM PDT

Rate Boosts

• 3X Breeding (mating interval, egg hatch speed, and maturation)
  • 4X Player XP
  • 4X Harvesting
  • 4X Taming

New Emotes

• Guitar Riff
  • Drum Solo
  • Head Banger

New Skins

• 4 new Hawaiian-style shirt Skins
  • 3 new Swimsuit Skins
  • BBQ-themed Grilling Spatula (Club Skin)
  • Frisbee Skin (Boomerang)
  • 1 Sunglasses Skin w/ customizable lenses
  • Super Soaker style Squirt Gun Skin (Flamethrower)

New Chibi Pets

• Manta
  • Ammonite
  • Cnidaria
  • Plesiosaur
  • Astrocetus

Event-Colored Wild Creatures

• Dino Dark Blue
  • Red
  • White
  • Dino Sky Blue
  • Dark Red
  • Blue
  • Light Grey
  • Cream
  • Cammo
  • Orange
  • MediumTeal
  • DarkBlue
  • LemonLime
  • Peach
  • Coral

The event kicks off at 10AM PDT for PC and 1PM PDT for XBOX and PS4.

UPDATE: We'll be rolling out an patch to greatly reduce the cost of prime jerky for Summer Bash items later this evening. In the meantime, start stocking up that jerky for your chibis and emotes!

3.jpg

Breeding Performance Improvements

With the start of the 5th Anniversary event, we implemented some changes to the way our servers calculate growing baby dinos. By distributing these calculations we can recover some of the performance costs related to breeding calculations, which is quite cost-intensive.

In more technical terms, we have done this by measuring the stress on a server with each tick and batching the actors to process their breeding calculations over the course of several ticks rather than all of them on every tick. For a server that is already in a stable state not much might be noticed, but for a server under intense stress players may notice that breeding calculations, and the initial start of mating may be a little delayed.

The good news is that players should notice less performance issues during boosted breeding rates. Servers will always be put under extra strain during event rates, especially so in regards to breeding rates but we've sought to minimize that with these changes and we've noticed some positive improvements.

If you are on a busy server and experiencing some delays, this is why and we're currently iterating on this so these response delays don't feel like as much of a disruption.

Our Community Crunch Is Moving

4.jpg

We're moving the Community Crunch back to Friday's!  In addition to moving the Crunch back to Friday's we'll start to feature community content in the Community Crunch rather than its own separate day.  If you are creating or sharing ARK content, be sure to tag it with #playARK for a chance to be featured!

ARK Summer Sale

Summer_Sale (1).jpg

Kick back enjoy a great start to your summer with the ARK Summer Sale.  For a limited time, ARK will be up to 80% off!

ARK on Steam

ARK on Epic Games Store

EVO Event

c4d1c70db94b99199a88d21dbf29f34d_2.jpg

While Summer Bash is active from June 25th to July 14th, there will be no special EVO event rates.

Summer Bash Rates

• 3X Breeding (mating interval, egg hatch speed, and maturation)
  • 4X Player XP
  • 4X Harvesting
  • 4X Taming

Community Fan Art

Crystal Griffin by @bluedragonark

EbLAP3xXQAUWbc_.jpg

Fire Reef by @ProjectTiamat

EbOhsIiX0AYzn4I_2.jpg

ActualBlack Megatherium by @TiiaAurora

EbO2YbjXsAEHiuw_2.jpg

Argentavis on Genesis by @PicturesofArk

EaxyMtYXQAAL2Rt.jpg

Epic Viking Longhouse by @ThePilgrimz

EU8NA4bXgAI4Lzl_2.jpg

Wyvern Drawing by @RunsWithPencil

EZfdlzoWoAIqKd1.jpg

See you next week!

Studio Wildcard 

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

View full article

• Thanks 1

• Wildcard Community
1 minute ago, Maxwell89 said:

I have 2 questions are ps4 players going get mods and how do we get the new chibis is it going to be dodo's or something else just wanted to know.

Cooked meat.  The mod question is tougher and I don't have an answer to it.  I guess the best answer is we'd like to :)

• Like 1

This game is a really big waste of time I spent the last two weeks playing only to be offline raided everyday. I eventually got to the point where I would take my blueprints an tames an put em in the ob. It’s the only way to keep anything you’ve worked hard to get. Well today I decided to leave em in the ob, farewell pigeot an sexy rexy. You can’t play this solo, you have to join a tribe but I did just that an got kicked after hours of watching someone else’s babies an taming stuff for them. Single player seems to just wipe itself after every update smh. I love this game but absolutely can’t stand it’s toxic player base an it’s unbalanced game. If you are literally starting today, read this comment an think to yourself is there any other way I could spend this time. The answer is yes, they say hell is repetition that would explain why I feel like I’m in hell when I play this game cause it’s literally me gathering stuff for another tribe only for them to collect it right after it says ballin LilMill has left the ark. 

Come on Guys... dont screw your amazing events with player-unfrindly things like 50 prime for one chibi.... i dont get it... Make it 10 cooked meat and everything is just fine. And youre „Breeding improvements“ are a huge scam. It‘s a huge bug and you should be a shame of selling it as a feature... get it back to the time before your Birthday event. Also since then, every 15 minutes the server freezes for about 10 secs.... with the money you have stolen with the awefull genesis dlc, you should upgrade your servers...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xihphor said:

can you look into tropeo taming intervals please if not already. ty kindly. They seem to be extremely long compared to what dododex is reporting.

Ya the last couple ive tamed have been ridiculous

first was 20 min per feeding

second was 35 min each feeding

both are longer then dododex shows for the entire tame and thats only to add the next kibble its crazy

38 minutes ago, Snipar88 said:

Come on Guys... dont screw your amazing events with player-unfrindly things like 50 prime for one chibi.... i dont get it... Make it 10 cooked meat and everything is just fine. And youre „Breeding improvements“ are a huge scam. It‘s a huge bug and you should be a shame of selling it as a feature... get it back to the time before your Birthday event. Also since then, every 15 minutes the server freezes for about 10 secs.... with the money you have stolen with the awefull genesis dlc, you should upgrade your servers...

It is likely just a mistake, dont worry, im sure theyll fix it soon :)

18 minutes ago, Stonecoldkiller said:

1 hour ago, xihphor said:

can you look into tropeo taming intervals please if not already. ty kindly. They seem to be extremely long compared to what dododex is reporting.

Ya the last couple ive tamed have been ridiculous

first was 20 min per feeding

second was 35 min each feeding

both are longer then dododex shows for the entire tame and thats only to add the next kibble its crazy

Watch a couple youtube vids on it