Display egg "size" in egg tool tip. Change "size" to something more intuitive

Jstall

Suggestion

Display egg "size" in egg tool tip. Change "size" to something more intuitive

So, I don't see egg size in the tooltip that pops up when I mouse over an egg. I'm not sure how someone is supposed to know what size an egg is in only the context of the game.

In a related note - I don't really think egg size makes sense given the size property of the eggs vs the actual physical size and weight of the eggs. For example, parasaur eggs are "very small" and turtle eggs are "medium" yet the prasaur egg looks larger and has a weight of 7 vs the turtle egg's weight of 3. 

I'm curious why you went with "size" as an attribute in this case given it doesn't line up with the actual size and weight players see in game. I suggest something a bit more abstract like "quality".

2 replies to this server topic

The whole "size of the egg" idea that really started to hit with the new kibble system is a bit confusing. 

They are visually, by weight, and by listing all messed up. When thrown on the ground, several eggs have a different visual representation than what they way or list as for kibble. When you look by weight, the same problem exists. 

At the very least, I would like them to restructure that information so that it flows better. Or make it simpler by eggs the same "glow" of the kibble they are used to make. It would be nice to be able to tell from a glance what type of egg is used for which kibble. 

There are a few eggs that don't make much sense, but it's more about that creatures place in the game. For example, Turtles are harder to tame than Parasaurs due to their natural resistances, so most players would probably tame a Parasaur first. I think that's really what the Devs based the system on, which is why the Yuty is above the Rex and Theri, because it is a lot harder to tame with its Fear Roar and Carno Pack(IDK why the Giga isn't an Extraordinary Egg though). 

Archived