Server Moratorium (July 2020)

GroveStreetJoie

Um can we not have moratorium like ever again people are just going to keep building or at least raise or remove the caps altogether like in the PvE server passive there is this one guy massive base  he camps the beaver dams has way to many Dino’s and his base crashes my game same with a lot of the giant bases that are their for no reason and some just dont play anymore so they sit their and you have a glimmer of hope that they will deconstruct then at the last second they get back on

56 minutes ago, TheLightAssassin said:

Honestly we need voice chat in mobile ark. We also need to be able to type longer things in chat and we DEFINITELY need things like #### And #### to be ####. 

i agree with the voice chat it’s annoyingly hard being attacked by a dino and trying to type to your tribe lmao if COD can make voice chat work Ark can trust me 

7 hours ago, Seaofwolves12 said:

Um can we not have moratorium like ever again people are just going to keep building or at least raise or remove the caps altogether like in the PvE server passive there is this one guy massive base  he camps the beaver dams has way to many Dino’s and his base crashes my game same with a lot of the giant bases that are their for no reason and some just dont play anymore so they sit their and you have a glimmer of hope that they will deconstruct then at the last second they get back on

this is legit too i had a friend i was wanting to play with and they legit couldn’t get to me because the Respawn was in someone’s base and it kept putting them there instead of preventing building wipe out those who are not on every 48 hrs not week and set the cap higher i get someone spent time building a massive base blah blah but if they are not on at least every other day they are a waste of space in the game anyways... it’s not hard rest the decaying time to 48hrs and see who keeps up there bases 

I can theoretically see how moratorium can help free up space for tames and structures by punishing players who hold many slots but don't play very much. However this also punishes players who play every day because they are unable to complete the daily pursuit and lose their hard-earned daily pursuit streak. A perfect example was today because the pursuit is to claim a baby lystro, which cannot be done during moratorium.

Today every long time player on the server who plays regularly has lost their pursuit streak. Is it too hard to ask that daily pursuits that require new tames are not scheduled during moratorium time periods? Or that streaks out on hold during the moratorium?

If you can add program code for a moratorium, you can do this also. The fact this was not done demonstrates poor user testing and/or a blatant disregard for user satisfaction. I would hope the devs remember who ultimately pays their salaries, and recognize their actions are slowly but surely alienating their user base.

Archived