Server Moratorium (July 2020)

GroveStreetJoie

• GroveStreet

Server Moratorium (July 2020)

We are enacting Server Moratorium on a handful of popular PvE and PvX Official Servers in early July. While Moratorium is in place, structures cannot be built and creatures cannot be tamed. 

This is being done on servers which are at or very close to tame & structure cap in order to free up space for everyone on the server in a fair manner. 

Server Moratorium will begin at approximately 11:00am Eastern on Wednesday, 7/8, and will end on Sunday 7/12, 5:00pm EDT.

We may continue to do this as needed in the future, and it will always be accompanied by an advance announcement.

Server Announcement-July.png

1 hour ago, Bhavikmahajan said:

Please ban the hacker that are using fly and high level dinos 

Bro, if ur new don’t claim ppl are hackers smh! “Ban the hackers that are using high level dinos” are you mad? The entire point of ARK is to get good and high level dinos. (On PC TEK suits gives you the ability to fly)! R E S E A R C H

9 minutes ago, Solocase said:

Bro, if ur new don’t claim ppl are hackers smh! “Ban the hackers that are using high level dinos” are you mad? The entire point of ARK is to get good and high level dinos. (On PC TEK suits gives you the ability to fly)! R E S E A R C H

It’s a mobile forum though (specifically referring to the tek suits).

48 minutes ago, GypsyPrime said:

Can’t raid on pve nub 

Lol yes you can, they use a wild Dino like giga, titan etc. lead it to someone’s base and kill their tames. Take what’s in their inventories (also leading wild Dino’s to offline players and using them to kill the person) that’s raiding. Is it not? Nub.

3 hours ago, ChanelTBC said:

Lol yes you can, they use a wild Dino like giga, titan etc. lead it to someone’s base and kill their tames. Take what’s in their inventories (also leading wild Dino’s to offline players and using them to kill the person) that’s raiding. Is it not? Nub.

I thinks thats called griefing/trolling. Which is punishable but hard to bust people for it.

Please cap tames based on the amount of people allowed on servers. If you want a fair game then that is just that. Anything else is unfair. 
for instance: if 100 games were allowed on the server, then 10 people with 10 games each would be the cap. 
‘ANYTHING ELSE IS UNFAIR. And anything else causes a socio economic environment that negatively effects the gaming experience, but obviously causes pressure and subsequently profit for the game and host. 

PLEASE BE FAIR IF THATS WHAT U REALLY WANT

I can never Cross play with friends which I discovered is a major problem for a lot of people (people who cross play) and it’s getting quite annoying. I got the game pass solely to play with friends and the servers are very glitchy sometimes And boots me off the game in the middle of taking but your asking me to purchase the game for $59.00????? At least fix all your content first and THEN rob people for there digital currency. It’s sucks I enjoy playing mobile more than console :(. Game still has great potential.

For PVX, only allow a certain number of Dino’s outside of pvp. If Individuals or tribes want to have more Dino’s then they are forced to tame and keep inside PVP area. For example, a tribe has 20 total Dino’s. Only 10 can be in PVE at any point. This would force more action or keep server tame limits down. Tired of seeing 20 quetz or Gigas in PVE and never used but eating up server cap. This concept would resolve PVX issue quick. 

On 6/26/2020 at 9:02 AM, Beckex said:

Maybe I am miss reading... how does this create fairness?  It pauses everyone vs. just the people overdoing stuff. Once the moratorium is lifted, the same people will go back to the same behavior. 

Is there no way to implement stricter caps on individual players or tribes? 

I agree. Cap Dino’s per person. That’s fair. A moratorium is a joke. We have been in a tame moratorium for 8 weeks w too many tames. 

MORATORIUM IS A SYMPTOM OF MISMANAGEMENT. NOT A FAIR SOLUTION. 

On 6/25/2020 at 1:03 PM, Solocase said:

Ik, but since ur new maybe u confused them. Flying players could be just lag or invisible parachute 

And also are u playing on official mobile or unofficial if unofficial it could also be an admin on the server as i own my own mobile ark server and there is fly mode in god console

Archived