Resources not respawning

Epsichron

Resources not respawning

hello, first time making a forum so i apologize if i post this in the wrong area

i'm currently playing on the island map (singleplayer). whenever i mine any metal, rocks, etc, nothing ever respawns. 

i have the respawn timer to the lowest, and so far have mined nearly all resources in my area, and still not a single rock is respawning.

any way to fix/get around this? thanks

This glitch is really old.

Why it happens: you logged off after harvesting a node, without giving it time to respawn.

How to fix it: host a non-dedicated server SP session. All nodes should respawn. (Use command slomo 10 to make it faster)

How to prevent it: lower respawn period slider to minimum, so rocks respawn just after harvesting them.

I hope you can fix it!

• 10 months later...
On 6/25/2020 at 5:11 AM, Epsichron said:

Resources not respawning hello, first time making a forum so i apologize if i post this in the wrong area
i'm currently playing on the island map (singleplayer). whenever i mine any metal, rocks, etc, nothing ever respawns. i have the respawn timer to the lowest, and so far have mined nearly all resources in my area, and still not a single rock is respawning. any way to fix/get around this? thanks

Yeah, this is an old old old thing......some say its on purpose, to push people to explore the map. Others say its a bug that wild card never cared enough to fix.

To fix this, go into your settings menu, go to advanced settings, and find the slider for "resource respawn period" Turn it down from 1.0 to .50 or such.
Good to go

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, wizard03 said:

To fix this, go into your settings menu, go to advanced settings, and find the slider for "resource respawn period" Turn it down from 1.0 to .50 or such.
Good to go

Changing that setting won't make these nodes respawn. You have to get off your current tile and come back for them to be flagged for repopulation.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Its how Iv fixed it since day one, and it works. 🤷‍♂️

The only thing decreasing the resource respawn multiplier does, is increasing the likelihood of them having time to respawn before you log off. Though if you do log off before they respawn, they won't be flagged for repopulation and won't replenish ever again regardless how low you did set it and will only do so once your near and/or far range goes off that inclusion volume as detailed in the thread linked above.

5 hours ago, Domica said:

Sorry, am new but also noticed similar behaviour on crossark servers. Metal and stone respawn but trees not.

Base visible. :(

The issue discussed in this thread is only about single-player/non-dedicated sessions and do not affect the crossark clusters. That said, trees will not respawn close to base and you must use re-fertilizer at that position (make sure to be naked with an empty inventory when using it if you don't want to feed that hungry anti-mesh and lose it all).

Archived