Questions about the tek cave

Questions about the tek cave

Hi I have some questions about the tek cave. It is my first time doing it and I want to do it on alpha, because I can clap any boss on the island. I already have all the items needed to enter the cave. I will be doing it with one other person.

1. How do cryopods work inside the cave? Can I uncryo my Rex army in the first 5 minutes? Can I only do it in the first half of the cave? Can I not do it at all?

2. What happens to my creatures/saddles afterwards? This referee to the creatures I bring to the overseer battle and the ones I leave at the end of the tek cave?

3. What happens to my character/gear after the cave? Is my inventory lost, and where is my character found. 

4. What is the best way to kill the Gigas in the cave? I’ve heard that there are 2 on alpha. Is lesser antidote viable and how do you lure them into lava?

5. Where are the explorer notes located inside the cave?

thanks in advance. 

1. Cryos aren’t usable in the cave or even too close to the entrance. Have them ready outside first.

2. Your creatures that survive the fight will be found at the tek cave entrance. Ones left in cave I’m unsure. You can teleport multiple times if you have multiple people in the cave so we’ve always tpd all dinos.

3. You choose where to respawn but will keep your gear.

4. Use a scout to lure it. Bring multiple in case one dies. There will always be only 1.

5. I believe all notes are after you teleport at the end of cave. There will be holgrams to your left and right and I believe all notes are next to one 

16 hours ago, Thyme said:

1. Cryos aren’t usable in the cave or even too close to the entrance. Have them ready outside first.

Any tips on how to line them all up? In a single file line or 2 wide? I already have the area around the volcano covered up with foundations and ceilings. 

16 hours ago, Thyme said:

2. Your creatures that survive the fight will be found at the tek cave entrance. Ones left in cave I’m unsure. You can teleport multiple times if you have multiple people in the cave so we’ve always tpd all dinos.

Can I cryo up the Dinos in the cave to stop them from dying?

17 hours ago, Thyme said:

4. Use a scout to lure it. Bring multiple in case one dies. There will always be only 1.

I watched Syntacs soloing the tek cave video and there were 2 Gigas in the cave. I will definitely make some scouts though. They sound better that attacking the Gigas. 

5 minutes ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

Any tips on how to line them all up? In a single file line or 2 wide? I already have the area around the volcano covered up with foundations and ceilings. 

Can I cryo up the Dinos in the cave to stop them from dying?

I watched Syntacs soloing the tek cave video and there were 2 Gigas in the cave. I will definitely make some scouts though. They sound better that attacking the Gigas. 

Probably in pairs, ride one in and the other on follow. Anymore and they get stuck on eachother and on the door. Make sure you take the first ones in far enough that theres room to fit all the rest behind them.

You can freeze extra dinos just not throw em back about, so freeze any that you aren't tping in.

Figured I'd mention to bring good armor, the cave is extremely hot and the arenas super cold. You'll want sets that gives 700 insulation for hot and cold. An otter helps and bring med brews in case.

Archived