People leaving dinos on obelisks WC please fix this

reddotjellytot

21 minutes ago, Renzourin said:

Just as a stupid silly remark. You are aware that you can do boss's from a supply drop. Rather then send his tames to their deaths. Or waiting three weeks for a GM. You could've found any number of drops and just done it there no muss no fuss.

You are aware how much prep it takes? especially when there are multiple people, they have to get there and get ready before it goes poof and whats stopping someone taking the drop or it timing out before we get chance to enter.  Move to another drop and the same happens again and again. 

4 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

The enforcement team are separate to the team who deal with lost characters and dinos. If you raise a ticket for this they will act quickly and they will just wipe the dinos off the obi.

Hahaha no. Sorry I have dealt with enforcement team and non enforcement gms to know better. Sometimes they come quick other times they take days weeks or months. I had a ticket for blocked City terminal go over a week before resolved. And I have seen GM Rose reply to issues of enforcement and lost characters before so they do share personnel as well.

7 hours ago, johnm81 said:

I’m going to stop you right there. By your definition of toxic this simply doesn’t qualify him as toxic. 

If I was a player on this server and a bully tribe was blocking content the removal of that tribes ability to do so would have left a huge POSITIVE impact on me and the other friendly tribes on the server. This working with you definition he is not adding but in fact taking away from server toxicity. 

Now I will admit from the bullying tribes perspective toxicity increased as someone stood their aggression and hampered their ability to push around other tribes. 
So in the end if you are decrying toxicity being increased you are really nothing more than an advocate for an abusive tribe. Let that sink in knowing full well tickets take weeks to months for gms to respond.

I am not an advocate for anyone, just looking at facts. One side cheering because someone hurt the abusive tribe by taking matters into their own hands enrages the abusive players into a retaliation phase because they all know who did it and there is nothing stopping them escalating the situation. How is that a positive thing for a server? If a GM had of handled it there would not be the retaliation and continued conflict.

3 hours ago, reddotjellytot said:

You are aware how much prep it takes? especially when there are multiple people, they have to get there and get ready before it goes poof and whats stopping someone taking the drop or it timing out before we get chance to enter.  Move to another drop and the same happens again and again. 

On a legacy server we had a tribe build and block the green Obi on the Island, the GM's response was that there are other Obi's and supply drops. They know you can use them and don't see why you can't use them. Supply drops are difficult but not impossible to use. Put sleeping bags in a circle to mark the area to stand in and place your dino's within, pre load the artifacts in Ark Data for quick transfer. If drops happened to drop in random places you could argue about this method.

2 hours ago, johnm81 said:

Hahaha no. Sorry I have dealt with enforcement team and non enforcement gms to know better. Sometimes they come quick other times they take days weeks or months. I had a ticket for blocked City terminal go over a week before resolved. And I have seen GM Rose reply to issues of enforcement and lost characters before so they do share personnel as well.

I have also had similar experience with GM's response times but at least they responded.

I had a roll rat farm tethered in front of my base blocking access to my gates and had to wait for a week before it got deleted. The players who put it there never bothered me again, zero reprisals because the GM did the enforcement. 

49 minutes ago, crasht01 said:

I am not an advocate for anyone, just looking at facts. One side cheering because someone hurt the abusive tribe by taking matters into their own hands enrages the abusive players into a retaliation phase because they all know who did it and there is nothing stopping them escalating the situation. How is that a positive thing for a server? If a GM had of handled it there would not be the retaliation and continued conflict.

On a legacy server we had a tribe build and block the green Obi on the Island, the GM's response was that there are other Obi's and supply drops. They know you can use them and don't see why you can't use them. Supply drops are difficult but not impossible to use. Put sleeping bags in a circle to mark the area to stand in and place your dino's within, pre load the artifacts in Ark Data for quick transfer. If drops happened to drop in random places you could argue about this method.

I have also had similar experience with GM's response times but at least they responded.

I had a roll rat farm tethered in front of my base blocking access to my gates and had to wait for a week before it got deleted. The players who put it there never bothered me again, zero reprisals because the GM did the enforcement. 

Not going to justify myself anymore, at least the majority and the 9 other people wanting the boss fight agreed with our decision, whether you think we made the right decision or not that's your choice.

coordinating all those people to get to certain drops is extremely difficult. We will continue to use obelisks for boss fights and if there are dinos there we will ask to remove, if they refuse and get abusive we will remove them again. 

I look at it as standing up to a bunch of bullies, however u look at it is ur choice and it's not something I will loose sleep over.  I can only assume you are a bully and dont like the fact all of us stood up to them. 

If someone punched u in the face would u run and cry or would u defend yourself.  You already know what I would do in that situation without me needing to tell but that would make me as bad as the person that threw the first punched right lol.

2 minutes ago, reddotjellytot said:

Not going to justify myself anymore, at least the majority and the 9 other people wanting the boss fight agreed with our decision, whether you think we made the right decision or not that's your choice.  I feel that.

coordinating all those people to get to certain drops is extremely difficult. We will continue to use obelisks for boss fights and if there are dinos there we will ask to remove, if they refuse and get abusive we will remove them again. 

I look at it as standing up to a bunch of bullies, however u look at it is ur choice and it's not something I will loose sleep over.  I can only assume you are a bully and dont like the fact all of us stood up to them. 

If someone punched u in the face would u run and cry or would u defend yourself.  You already know what I would do in that situation without me needing to tell but that would make me as bad as the person that threw the first punched right lol.

You can assume all you want, it is foolish and immature to say the least. you should probably stick to the facts you know and not speculate.

Success in Ark is good planning and preparation if you can't organise things to make game life easier for you than I am ok with you continuing to do things the hard way. 

You had some people say nasty words to you so you walk on to an Obi and press a button that destroys their dino's and nobody can stop you from doing it because it's PVE.

A player destroying other players dino's in PVE, what's the CoC say about that? I don't think it say under these circumstances it's ok. 

You then left because they kept saying nasty words to you because of what you did and it upset you. That's not making a stand that's just asking for more trouble.

Planning for people to come from other servers via discord chat to do a boss and expect them to go to a drop that may not be there and may not return is the easy way, Really.  I don't think so. 

We plan ahead and at given times for bosses we cant expect everyone to wait for drops to appear, so Obelisks are the EASY option. 

If there is stuff in the way we cant just say sorry to all the people that made the effort to hop servers to find all the obelisks with dinos on them we have to cancel, come back in 2 weeks when GM has removed them.

You must have too much time on your hands to wait for a GM response and action.  Im sorry but im not going to sit around and watch paint dry while we wait for a GM

And yep walking away from a bad situation regardless of whether they lost their dinos or not, its a daily problem with this tribe so yes we will walk away every time thus not giving them time to bully us further.  We don't say boo to a goose and the first thing we see in chat when my sis and I log in is "Oh those twin sluts are on already" I mean what the hell is that all about and there is no reason for it.

13 minutes ago, Bruvas78 said:

100% you made the right call. 

If some tribe is daft enough to leave that many Dino's on the ob which is a clear breach of the CoC and you've asked them to remove them and they won't, then it's open season.

We think so too, but at the same time we felt kinda bad for taking that action, and we still believe it was the right choice.  On the other hand would they do it to us, would they kite a titano to our poky little base? Yes they would have and have done to other people before on several occasions

6 hours ago, crasht01 said:

You may not want to be. But you are. A willing or unwilling advocate as you espouse the position and perspective of those blocking content and bullying other tribes. Taking matters into his own hands wasn't needed for the situation to escalate. Bullies escalate matters on their own UNTIL someone steps up to them and pushes back. His actions was a POSITIVE influence for everyone else on the server and a negative one for the bully tribe.

Oh boo hoo they bad tribe said mean words on chat. *wimper* Who cares. What matters is that their ability to lock down an obi was drastically hurt or killed altogether. 

You cry over and over at how he shouldn't stand up to a bully tribe rather hope that a gm shows up in the next few days to remedy a problem. You ARE in fact supporting the bully and enabling them to escalate matters as once they are done rubbing everyone else's face into the fact that they can't get to boss content they will up the ante to find another way to push people around.

Your passivity encourages the offender. Your fear of  conflict for long term resolution perpetuates  the bully's actions. 

Wait for a gm is going to take too long.

Killing the bully's dinos improved the game play experience of everyone but the bully.

5 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

You may not want to be. But you are. A willing or unwilling advocate as you espouse the position and perspective of those blocking content and bullying other tribes. Taking matters into his own hands wasn't needed for the situation to escalate. Bullies escalate matters on their own UNTIL someone steps up to them and pushes back. His actions was a POSITIVE influence for everyone else on the server and a negative one for the bully tribe.

Oh boo hoo they bad tribe said mean words on chat. *wimper* Who cares. What matters is that their ability to lock down an obi was drastically hurt or killed altogether. 

You cry over and over at how he shouldn't stand up to a bully tribe rather hope that a gm shows up in the next few days to remedy a problem. You ARE in fact supporting the bully and enabling them to escalate matters as once they are done rubbing everyone else's face into the fact that they can't get to boss content they will up the ante to find another way to push people around.

Your passivity encourages the offender. Your fear of  conflict for long term resolution perpetuates  the bully's actions. 

Wait for a gm is going to take too long.

Killing the bully's dinos improved the game play experience of everyone but the bully.

If I had a fear of conflict I wouldn't say anything on a forum.

It improved the game so much the OP had to leave.

Everything else you said is a crappy made up opinionated rant.

The OP had a great solution to the whole problem and that was to give us back the ability to do boss fights from transmitters. Not one have you have even bothered to say anything about a solution other than to keep causing conflict at the Obi or to justify the actions of the OP to encourage more conflict. I get the impression you all want the conflict.

On 6/26/2020 at 1:49 AM, crasht01 said:

It improved the game so much the OP had to leave.

He left so that he wouldn't have to listen to the crying of salty tears. Guess what, if the bully is crying you already won.... and the server in general for that matter.

Everything else you said is a crappy made up opinionated rant.

If I had a fear of conflict I wouldn't say anything on a forum.

Or maybe the reason why you fear conflict in game but not on the forum is because when you are trapped you can just say pathetic things like this that show the weakness of your points.

Not one have you have even bothered to say anything about a solution other than to keep causing conflict at the Obi or to justify the actions of the OP to encourage more conflict.

Ironic. You must not understand that peace comes definitive destruction of threats. This is the ONLY solution that ends conflict in long term. Once the bully's dinos are gone.... They are gone! It is an enduring solution. Block obi's... offending dinos are delete. Rinse and repeat. Its definitive, effective, and instills the concept of consequences to the wrong-doers period. 

Stop being so timid. It empowers bullies to harm others. You are doing that.

On 6/25/2020 at 4:52 AM, reddotjellytot said:

So how would you have reacted, would you wait up to 3 weeks for a GM to come on and remove them anyway or just fast track and do it yourself.  We were called all the names under the sun before anything even happened.  I dont think you would go silently, that would be not human of anyone to lay down and just take it.  If only I screen shotted the chat you would sure understand why we took these measures, even tho most of it was [][][]

Dinos blocking obi or caves are cleared pretty fast. Record time was 8 hours from ticket.

7 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

He left so that he wouldn't have to listen to the crying of salty tears. Guess what, if the bully is crying you already won.... and the server in general for that matter.

Or maybe the reason why you fear conflict in game but not on the forum is because when you are trapped you can just say pathetic things like this that show the weakness of your points.

Ironic. You must not understand that peace comes definitive destruction of threats. This is the ONLY solution that ends conflict in long term. Once the bully's dinos are gone.... They are gone! It is an enduring solution. Block obi's... offending dinos are delete. Rinse and repeat. Its definitive, effective, and instills the concept of consequences to the wrong-doers period. 

Stop being so timid. It empowers bullies to harm others. You are doing that.

Op said they left because they were upset, they had their feelings hurt, they could not play the game because the bullies were still there escalating the abuse. They will be there again and again they will abuse the OP. That's winning!

I don't have conflicts in the game very often and when I do I deal with them in the correct way and not give people an excuse or reason to continue to annoy me. I don't do nothing and walk away, just saying there is a better way with better results. Your solution is short term creates more ongoing conflicts. You are just banging your head against the brick wall and don't even know it.

From what you say I get the impression you are a bully trying to bully other bullies therefore you are part of the problem and the culture that OP is complaining about to begin with.

On 6/27/2020 at 8:00 PM, crasht01 said:

Op said they left because they were upset, they had their feelings hurt, they could not play the game because the bullies were still there escalating the abuse. They will be there again and again they will abuse the OP. That's winning!

No. He left for a short period of time. Re-read it. Bullies escalating the abuse? So the bullies put their dinos back? NOPE. Another tribe did. And they asked them to remove them AFTER THEY CAME BACK and the other tribe did. Looks like server learned their lesson and was acting in a more respectful manner. 

That's winning!

Exactly!

Your solution is short term creates more ongoing conflicts. You are just banging your head against the brick wall and don't even know it.

The OP's solution creates short term conflict and long term solutions. 

Your solution creates status quo in the short term and encourages buillies to go even further in the long term. In other words:

Gee, how did that bout of timidity against aggressive bully behavior of Germany work out?

From what you say I get the impression you are a bully trying to bully other bullies therefore you are part of the problem and the culture that OP is complaining about to begin with.

Wow what nonsense. Completely devoid of any understanding of human nature which translates on how people interact even in a video game. The irony is you demean those who have the spine to stand up to bullies while you do not. Those very people you malign are the ones fighting for you. They do the hard thing so others like you can hide in the shadows, benefit from their actions, and arrogantly proclaim how you are wiser and better than they are.

16 hours ago, johnm81 said:

No. He left for a short period of time. Re-read it. Bullies escalating the abuse? So the bullies put their dinos back? NOPE. Another tribe did. And they asked them to remove them AFTER THEY CAME BACK and the other tribe did. Looks like server learned their lesson and was acting in a more respectful manner. 

Exactly!

The OP's solution creates short term conflict and long term solutions. 

Your solution creates status quo in the short term and encourages buillies to go even further in the long term. In other words:

Gee, how did that bout of timidity against aggressive bully behavior of Germany work out?

Wow what nonsense. Completely devoid of any understanding of human nature which translates on how people interact even in a video game. The irony is you demean those who have the spine to stand up to bullies while you do not. Those very people you malign are the ones fighting for you. They do the hard thing so others like you can hide in the shadows, benefit from their actions, and arrogantly proclaim how you are wiser and better than they are.

Op went back the next day hardly a short period of time.

You make an assumption I am timid and many more, you have know idea what your talking about, you don't know anything about me.

What you are doing is filling in the narrative with your own thoughts, assumption on how you think others behave to fit into your narrative so you can dribble on about your own made up retric. 

21 hours ago, crasht01 said:

Op went back the next day hardly a short period of time.

You make an assumption I am timid and many more, you have know idea what your talking about, you don't know anything about me.

What you are doing is filling in the narrative with your own thoughts, assumption on how you think others behave to fit into your narrative so you can dribble on about your own made up retric. 

I and many others would say a meager day is a short time. 

You are judged to be a timid enabler of bullying because you espouse a course of action that is timid and enabling bullies. The shoe fits and action or proposed action is the best insight one has into a persons character traits. 

No filling in needed.

On 6/26/2020 at 2:37 AM, reddotjellytot said:

Planning for people to come from other servers via discord chat to do a boss and expect them to go to a drop that may not be there and may not return is the easy way, Really.  I don't think so. 

We plan ahead and at given times for bosses we cant expect everyone to wait for drops to appear, so Obelisks are the EASY option. 

If there is stuff in the way we cant just say sorry to all the people that made the effort to hop servers to find all the obelisks with dinos on them we have to cancel, come back in 2 weeks when GM has removed them.

You must have too much time on your hands to wait for a GM response and action.  Im sorry but im not going to sit around and watch paint dry while we wait for a GM

And yep walking away from a bad situation regardless of whether they lost their dinos or not, its a daily problem with this tribe so yes we will walk away every time thus not giving them time to bully us further.  We don't say boo to a goose and the first thing we see in chat when my sis and I log in is "Oh those twin sluts are on already" I mean what the hell is that all about and there is no reason for it.

Just for the record I'd have done the same at the obi. I'm not criticising that decision.

But it is actually easier if you build near a drop, they are predictable and grouped by area. We learned there is a group of 8 drops where our base is located and we built so we have 2 very close one either side  of our base that we can force to spawn by nipping round the other drops in the group and either looting or dropping the contents. When the drop starts to descend whistle your boss dinos to the spot. We have a vault as close as we could build to each drop location next to our base and after every boss run we prime it with the correct artifacts and tributes for the next run. It's an easy ( with an empty inventory ) take all, deposit all, to allow you to start the boss fight.

We can even do this on the fly without planning now. If we happen to be at the base and see the drop coming down we might just decide to go do it.  One of us grabs the artis and tributes whilst another whistles the dinos to the drop. 

This takes less time than travelling to an obi with all your boss fight dinos, especially if you have friends travelling from other servers, if they are regular visitors ally with them and they can build an outpost with a bed next to your base.

And the biggest thing, you are very unlikely to get to the drop and find it's blocked by someone else's dinos unlike an obi.

Archived