People leaving dinos on obelisks WC please fix this

reddotjellytot

People leaving dinos on obelisks WC please fix this

We need you WC bobs to fix the transmitter to be able to summon bosses again, at least for PVE, why has the feature never been re-enabled like it was before?

A few days ago we asked a tribe if they would remove their dinos from the obelisk platform and we were told to basically F off, we got extremely toxic behaviour from these people, we only asked them politly to move their dinos so we could poke the boss ourselves, not only they had dinos on the platform, they also blocked the access to the obelisk.

What happened next caused a lot of rage in chat, instead of submitting a ticket and waiting 2-3 weeks for anything to happen we decided to send them in for gamma boss to clear them out, and for their stinky attitude we said RIP in global chat. After that we ended up not doing the boss that day because of all the crying and ranting going on at the time. They just lost 18 rexes 1 mana and a yuty

Surely the next day there was another 20 or so dinos at the obelisk, we was like ffs. They were left there by another tribe this time, we asked them if they would move them and they did within 5min. Now why couldnt the last tribe be better responsive and less agressive.

So WC bobs could you please fix this issue, at least have a rapid despawn of all dinos on or around obelisks, or even better let us summon again from the transmitter ❤️

Thanks in advance

Fellow Bob :)

3 minutes ago, johnm81 said:

Keep sending them to their death! They will learn!

The problem is I dont like it when people go all out toxic, we are very friendly and wouldn't be so nasty to anyone, but when you get that kind of behaviour we had no option but to send them in. We felt the need to leave the server for the day for things to calm down xD

42 minutes ago, reddotjellytot said:

The problem is I dont like it when people go all out toxic, we are very friendly and wouldn't be so nasty to anyone, but when you get that kind of behaviour we had no option but to send them in. We felt the need to leave the server for the day for things to calm down xD

Bullies always go toxic when someone finally stand up to them as they aren’t used to it. If they are toxic that means you are effective in teaching them a lesson 

3 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

IF they leave them there, it's fair game, they don't have to leave them on the obelisk.  You don't have to give a warning, just send them to a gamma brood and walk away.   Players need to learn how to share the space.

Yes it is wrong and selfish to block an Obi but how does being toxic and leaving the server for the day because of the fallout in chat make what they did less evil than the players who left their crap on the Obi in the 1st place. 

Were all the obi's blocked? Is it hard to use cryopods to move to another Obi?

1 hour ago, crasht01 said:

Yes it is wrong and selfish to block an Obi but how does being toxic and leaving the server for the day because of the fallout in chat make what they did less evil than the players who left their crap on the Obi in the 1st place. 

It is known people use the Ob's for the boss. It is also against the CoC. 

In this particular case they asked them in chat and were told to F off. 

If you don't take action at that point you aren't being peaceful or non toxic, you're inviting everybody to use you as a door mat.

I have a strict ask once in chat policy. I'll send everything in even on Rag. You do it enough, people learn. 

52 minutes ago, crasht01 said:

All obis were blocked by random tames yes, offline too I couldn't ask them to move them, I would not have done this to an offline tribe but rather wait for them and ask them to remove, the only obi found with players online to ask them to move them was at red obi on the island. But seriously it was just their complete poopy attitude towards us just because we asked them politely to move their tames for the duration of the boss fight, so we politely removed them for them instead, however we did warn them that we will have no option but to send them for a boss fight and then we just got no response as if they thought we wouldn't do such a thing I guess.

We said we will come back tomorrow, we thought to let things calm down. Only because my sister and myself were getting rather upset about the way we were spoken to by this particular tribe.

3 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

It is known people use the Ob's for the boss. It is also against the CoC. 

In this particular case they asked them in chat and were told to F off. 

If you don't take action at that point you aren't being peaceful or non toxic, you're inviting everybody to use you as a door mat.

I have a strict ask once in chat policy. I'll send everything in even on Rag. You do it enough, people learn. 

Exactly, we are not doormats we are people that care, when they don't show any care at all what else were we suppose to do :)

We took action because we had no other option and contacting GM is way too long.

We would do it again if we had to but we will always ask first :)

I hate the idiots who block the Obi just as much as anyone but that does not make me behave the same way they do. You are no better than them. I would say worse due to the fact you think you are justified to do it. You wont change my opinion so dont try.

"We said we will come back tomorrow, we thought to let things calm down. Only because my sister and myself were getting rather upset about the way we were spoken to by this particular tribe."

How did you think they would respond after you made them angry?

HaHa snowflakes are funny.

11 minutes ago, crasht01 said:

I hate the idiots who block the Obi just as much as anyone but that does not make me behave the same way they do. You are no better than them. I would say worse due to the fact you think you are justified to do it. You wont change my opinion so dont try.

"We said we will come back tomorrow, we thought to let things calm down. Only because my sister and myself were getting rather upset about the way we were spoken to by this particular tribe."

How did you think they would respond after you made them angry?

HaHa snowflakes are funny.

So how would you have reacted, would you wait up to 3 weeks for a GM to come on and remove them anyway or just fast track and do it yourself.  We were called all the names under the sun before anything even happened.  I dont think you would go silently, that would be not human of anyone to lay down and just take it.  If only I screen shotted the chat you would sure understand why we took these measures, even tho most of it was [][][]

2 minutes ago, reddotjellytot said:

So how would you have reacted, would you wait up to 3 weeks for a GM to come on and remove them anyway or just fast track and do it yourself.  We were called all the names under the sun before anything even happened.  I dont think you would go silently, that would be not human of anyone to lay down and just take it.  If only I screen shotted the chat you would sure understand why we took these measures, even tho most of it was [][][]

Taking matters into your own hands, that's always worked out well in history.

I would not have lowered to their level which is now your level.

I would have screenshot the chat and done the report to the GM's and waited. I do things within the parameters of the rules. It may take some time for action to be taken but I don't have to put up with people being sausages because they can argue with the GM's for all I care while I go about playing the game.

At the end of the day it is just a game and not important enough to go getting all frustrated about.

4 hours ago, crasht01 said:

Out of all the solutions Op could have used you think the best course of action was to be toxic.

Define toxic?

Because you throw around that word with little regard that its meaning as you are using it may not be the same as other people use it. I don't see standing up to a tribe who is rude and likes to bully other tribes as bad. In fact standing up against that tribe and hurting them helps not just the OP's tribe but all other tribes who might have been pushed around by these jerks.

All bad players need to succeed is for good ones to do nothing...

So yeah this is the best course of action. By far.

1 hour ago, johnm81 said:

Define toxic?

Because you throw around that word with little regard that its meaning as you are using it may not be the same as other people use it. I don't see standing up to a tribe who is rude and likes to bully other tribes as bad. In fact standing up against that tribe and hurting them helps not just the OP's tribe but all other tribes who might have been pushed around by these jerks.

All bad players need to succeed is for good ones to do nothing...

So yeah this is the best course of action. By far.

A toxic player is someone who negatively impacts a game in an intentional way. 

Will that do for a definition?

OP did not create a positive vibe in the server from what he said it was fairly negative. Didn't help him achieve anything because he left.

How does that help other people who have issues with toxic players in the server if one person stirs up the crap and then leaves?

The other player's might have been in between boss fights or playing the game the way they wanted to within the CoC and this guy start badgering them to leave and gets pushy about them moving there stuff. A lack of communication, different languages can all be frustrating so because they were rude, called him a few bad names he just kills all their dino's.

That might be the perspective from how one side see's it and therefore they report OP as griefing them and lol they all get banned for breaking the CoC.

Fact is you and me dont know the whole story from both sides so I will look at what the OP said he did and that is not positive behavior.

Reporting players properly is doing nothing and you think breaking the CoC is the best course of action, lol.

Someone will use your reasoning against you one day. 

We have never been aggressive towards anyone, there are multiple people complaining that the box tribes keep leaving tames on the obi.  They talk a lot of trash not just to us but to everyone.  They were clearly not in between bosses because we spent the day farming for the artifacts etc and those tames were there all day, by the sounds of it they have been a permanent fixture. We refuse to be bullied it's that simple.

It is agaisnt the COC to leave tames on the obelisk  however it's not against the COC to send them in to clear the space.

We did what we felt was right, that was to stand up to them.  Your entitled to your opinion thats fine but not many of us agree with it.  You seem like a person that has never been bullied, or you just back and be quite and take it.   I'm sorry but that's not the way I work. If anyone bullies me in or out of game I won't stand back and take it that's for sure 

4 minutes ago, reddotjellytot said:

We have never been aggressive towards anyone, there are multiple people complaining that the box tribes keep leaving tames on the obi.  They talk a lot of trash not just to us but to everyone.  They were clearly not in between bosses because we spent the day farming for the artifacts etc and those tames were there all day, by the sounds of it they have been a permanent fixture. We refuse to be bullied it's that simple.

It is agaisnt the COC to leave tames on the obelisk  however it's not against the COC to send them in to clear the space.

We did what we felt was right, that was to stand up to them.  Your entitled to your opinion thats fine but not many of us agree with it.  You seem like a person that has never been bullied, or you just back and be quite and take it.   I'm sorry but that's not the way I work. If anyone bullies me in or out of game I won't stand back and take it that's for sure 

So killing someone's dino's is not aggressive lol.

I know it's against CoC to leave Dino's there, I have reported plenty of players for it and lmao when the Dino's get deleted.

You deliberately did it to piss them off and upset them, a negative action that's toxic behaviour whether or not you think it's justified it's still toxic.

Your story is basically they bullied me into behaving badly but I am the victim who fights toxic with toxic. You are no better than them.

You said you quit after you killed the dino's and they abused you, that would have showed them you weren't to be messed with and can't be bullied.

"You seem like a person that has never been bullied" You say that like I have not got a right to say anything if I wasn't bullied,lol. I saw what you wrote and shared my thoughts if that upsets you or irritates you because you wont get a well done pat on the back from everyone trophy then you need to grow a pair.

@crasht01 he send the dinos inside a bossfight. I have done the same before because people keep leaving their dinos on the obi, go offline or just don't want to move them away. ARK players are extremely selfish and you only have 2 options to deal with this situation; 

1: You write a ticket and wait days to weeks.

2: You start the bossfight and get rid of the dinos yourself.

The 2 options are only if the other tribe is not responding, not willing or offline since there wouldn't be a problem in the first place if the other tribe was considerate.

What you are now trying to accomplish is him agreeing to your view that he is also toxic without every giving a solution to the issue at hand. (what is usually called a ''big talker'') 

You are going into a philosophical debate about fixing injustice with injustice. There is an enforcement tool ''ticket system'' that works very sporadically, leaving everything to their judgement takes the ''guilt'' out what he did but he would have been forced to wait days/weeks for help. 

In this whole thread you have not a single time stated how you would have dealt with this situation and only attacked someone. You called others snowflakes and insulted them further those snowflakes have taken action and solved the issue which Wildcard and YOU seemingly can't. I gave you the 2 possible ways of how to solve this issue if the third way was not possible which seems the case here. If you can't hold a civil debate with someone without insulting them after a few exchanges while writing and having enough time to formulate your thoughts, I don't want to know what kind of person you are IRL, your poor surroundings.  :D 

4 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

@crasht01 he send the dinos inside a bossfight. I have done the same before because people keep leaving their dinos on the obi, go offline or just don't want to move them away. ARK players are extremely selfish and you only have 2 options to deal with this situation; 

1: You write a ticket and wait days to weeks.

2: You start the bossfight and get rid of the dinos yourself.

The 2 options are only if the other tribe is not responding, not willing or offline since there wouldn't be a problem in the first place if the other tribe was considerate.

What you are now trying to accomplish is him agreeing to your view that he is also toxic without every giving a solution to the issue at hand. (what is usually called a ''big talker'') 

You are going into a philosophical debate about fixing injustice with injustice. There is an enforcement tool ''ticket system'' that works very sporadically, leaving everything to their judgement takes the ''guilt'' out what he did but he would have been forced to wait days/weeks for help. 

In this whole thread you have not a single time stated how you would have dealt with this situation and only attacked someone. You called others snowflakes and insulted them further those snowflakes have taken action and solved the issue which Wildcard and YOU seemingly can't. I gave you the 2 possible ways of how to solve this issue if the third way was not possible which seems the case here. If you can't hold a civil debate with someone without insulting them after a few exchanges while writing and having enough time to formulate your thoughts, I don't want to know what kind of person you are IRL, your poor surroundings.  :D 

After a few thousand hours I have noticed what goes on in Ark so there is no need to waste your time telling me what happens in Ark.

The system is there to report, it's not perfect. Most of the time I have seen action in less than a few days not weeks on Obi matters.

I made it very clear what I would do.

There is nothing philosophical about this, people justifying their own actions to make 2 wrongs into a right is fairly plain and simple.

Did you read what you wrote about after you labeled me a "Big Talker" You did exactly what you were accusing me of in your little rant. 

What does "your poor surroundings" even mean.

"there wouldn't be a problem in the first place if the other tribe was considerate." This was the only thing you said that makes any sense and is actually a positive thing to add to the conversation.

10 hours ago, crasht01 said:

A toxic player is someone who negatively impacts a game in an intentional way. 

Will that do for a definition?

OP did not create a positive vibe in the server from what he said it was fairly negative. Didn't help him achieve anything because he left.

How does that help other people who have issues with toxic players in the server if one person stirs up the crap and then leaves?

I’m going to stop you right there. By your definition of toxic this simply doesn’t qualify him as toxic. 

If I was a player on this server and a bully tribe was blocking content the removal of that tribes ability to do so would have left a huge POSITIVE impact on me and the other friendly tribes on the server. This working with you definition he is not adding but in fact taking away from server toxicity. 

Now I will admit from the bullying tribes perspective toxicity increased as someone stood their aggression and hampered their ability to push around other tribes. 
So in the end if you are decrying toxicity being increased you are really nothing more than an advocate for an abusive tribe. Let that sink in knowing full well tickets take weeks to months for gms to respond.

The enforcement team are separate to the team who deal with lost characters and dinos. If you raise a ticket for this they will act quickly and they will just wipe the dinos off the obi.

We even had a GM dealing with another issue on our Island server who spotted dinos on an Obi.  He gave the tribes 5 minutes to contact him in global. After that he went round and cleared all the obis. It hasn't been an issue on that server since and gave the rest of the server a good laugh too. 

Archived