Other player can not connect, Epic Games

Other player can not connect, Epic Games

Hi guys,

So i have my server finally up and running. Some testing and all and it finally works after all the trouble with the Epic Games version of ARK. -crossplay and -epiconly are on. Only the Islands is playable. For myself the server runs fine, some lag but allright. I can connect each time through my singleplayer games.

Now i wanted this game to play privately with a friend, who also has an Epic Games version of ARK. Now he has connection timeout issues. ''Lost/timedout connection to host''.

What is the problem here? Is that a problem just related to one of our internet connections? Or another Epic Games issue? I asked if he had BattlEye disabled and uninstalled, he said yes.

Does he have to do anything as well with port forwarding like i had to to make the server work? I doubt so but just to be sure.

In your gameusersettings.ini in the serverfolder\ShooterGame\Saved\Config\WindowsServer folder, Clear the multihome ip and set Multihome to False, this fixed the problems for me.

Should look like this, 

[SessionSettings]
SessionName='yourservername'
Port='yourport'
QueryPort='yourport'
MultiHome=

[MultiHome]
MultiHome=False

11 hours ago, CountRoton said:

Short answer:  You need to be sure you've enabled crossplay ("-crossplay" parameter) and if your server command line includes the "-MultiHome" parameter your Epic users will not be able to connect.

I have crossplay and epiconly. But -epiconly should be possible as well as it is just 2 Epic Games players.

I dont have -multihome included. So it shouldnt matter. But i can add it just for the sake of it and see what it does.

@Volkove

Same as above. I dont have the multihome included. But if that is what is needed to enable other ones to enter. 

Currently server arg line is only -crossplay and -multihome (added multihome). Set the Ip to let the server choose. From what i have been reading this should be enough? 

ASM recently changed the layout allowing you to enable crossplay and Epiconly by checking a box. Just leaving those empty i guess as you do that by server arg?

No steam users will be connecting, no password is used. So adjusting anything for multihome is not needed from what i understand? @Volkove (and others that know)

Edit: Server version false. At the start it was true. But currently it keeps giving me that it is a false server. 

Got -multihome in it. Tried with and without false (tho in the file completely at the bottom of the ini file it will always add False to it) and what was said by @volkove does not keep the False at that setting. It will always be gone when i check again.

Also adding local ip (without port) to -multihome=<ip> does not help.

Removing -multihome and anything related with that makes the server version true again (with letting server choose IP).

I turned off multihome and that was what allowed epic games users to connect. It was on previously and they couldnt get on the server. The only argument i have for "Server Args" is -crossplay   as i have steam and epic games users connecting. For local ip i have the dropdown set to "let the server choose."  I didnt use the check boxes as I had servers set up before those were added but I assume they do the same things. I checked the config files to make sure that Multihome was blank under sessionsettings and under Multihome it was set to false.

1 hour ago, Volkove said:

I turned off multihome and that was what allowed epic games users to connect. It was on previously and they couldnt get on the server. The only argument i have for "Server Args" is -crossplay   as i have steam and epic games users connecting. For local ip i have the dropdown set to "let the server choose."  I didnt use the check boxes as I had servers set up before those were added but I assume they do the same things. I checked the config files to make sure that Multihome was blank under sessionsettings and under Multihome it was set to false.

I dont really get the problem with the multihome tho. If you dont put it in server arg it will always be set as false in the files. And even if you do have it in the server arg it will be false xD

I got it exactly as you got it. ''Let the server choose'' Enable crossplay and -crossplay. Even tho no steam players are planned to connect. Not sure if my friend can connect now, will ask him to try. 

Perhaps for me it is an option to switch to only epic players and -epiconly. That is another option. But else i really have no idea and there is no other option given by anyone sadly.

Edit:

ARK is on sale on steam. Might go get it. Does is still deliver problems for Epic players to join a steam server? Or is that easier to solve? 

Archived