Receiving damage from unknown source in cave?

FlagrantVagrant

Receiving damage from unknown source in cave?

On The Island, there is a cave opening in the Redwood, just east of the pool at the top of the falls.  I walked in and took damage for a second, but wasn't constant.  There was no indication on my screen other than audio and my health dropping slightly.  So I took a few more steps and the same thing happened, just lowered my health with actual damage.  There was nothing there, no dinos and no on-screen indicators like I was sick.

Anyone know?  Is it like an airborne poison or something?  No idea how to protect myself from something that gives no indication on what it is, other than arbitrary damage from no where.

The swamp cave have poisonous air that deal dmg over time, only ways to avoid it is either wearing:
1) gas mask
2) full scuba
3) 3 pieces of scuba and 2 pieces of ghillie armor

I find wearing scuba mask, leggings and flippers with ghillie chestpiece and gauntlets the best as there is no durability drain over time, only way for it to drop is by being hit by an arthro if on a tame, but if riding megatherium thru it it rarely happens.

1 minute ago, Castlerock said:

The swamp cave have poisonous air that deal dmg over time, only ways to avoid it is either wearing:
1) gas mask
2) full scuba
3) 3 pieces of scuba and 2 pieces of ghillie armor

I find wearing scuba mask, leggings and flippers with ghillie chestpiece and gauntlets the best as there is no durability drain over time, only way for it to drop is by being hit by an arthro if on a tame, but if riding megatherium thru it it rarely happens.

Thanks.  

So there are on screen indicators when you start drowning, when you are starving, when you are dehydrated, when you are too hot or too cold, when you are blinded, when your torpor is increasing, but none for airborne poison.  Genius!

Archived