Ragnarok Highlands

AirplaneSlider

I've never set up there, but I do think it'd be a cool spot for a base. You have fairly close access to the volcano for all sorts of resources (chitin, organic polymer, obsidian and sulphur if you need it). The Wyverns aren't that far away either. Might be fun to try snatching an egg early game. The beaver dams are a bit of a trek, but not too far. Lots of metal scattered around. Silk is there too, in case you ever want a tent or some gear for the desert.

I don't recall how much stone there is around there, but I think some of the beaches have it. A big downside is that wood will be a bit of a trek. I don't remember seeing much of it around, but if you set up closer to that redwood area it might be okay.

There are no close oil veins (unless you can go into murder snow), but I find I don't need to visit them that often anyway.

16 hours ago, zero064 said:

I've never set up there, but I do think it'd be a cool spot for a base. You have fairly close access to the volcano for all sorts of resources (chitin, organic polymer, obsidian and sulphur if you need it). The Wyverns aren't that far away either. Might be fun to try snatching an egg early game. The beaver dams are a bit of a trek, but not too far. Lots of metal scattered around. Silk is there too, in case you ever want a tent or some gear for the desert.

I don't recall how much stone there is around there, but I think some of the beaches have it. A big downside is that wood will be a bit of a trek. I don't remember seeing much of it around, but if you set up closer to that redwood area it might be okay.

There are no close oil veins (unless you can go into murder snow), but I find I don't need to visit them that often anyway.

Thanks for the tips. Can I ask where you set up in Ragnarok?

1 hour ago, AirplaneSlider said:

Thanks for the tips. Can I ask where you set up in Ragnarok?

Yea, no problem. Spots I've tried:

Northeast of the blue obelisk was pretty easy. Lots of resources around and almost nothing to kill me or my tribemates.

Western part of the desert was alright too. Lots of metal and obsidian. Downsides: not much wood, no crystal and beaver dams are far.

I did set up a small base in murder snow once. I don't recommend it. Could be worthwhile in PVP, but for the rest of us it's a lot of work and no reward.

Archived