Feedback from New Player

Targada

Suggestion

Feedback from New Player

Hello ARK! I tried your game for the past week and I gotta say there’s many things I’d like to report you, hoping it would be read and considered. I’m not an english native so I’m apologizing for the eventual mistakes, but there is many things I think could be modified or improved for a WAY better game experience.

Please add a queue to join servers and remove this « unknown error » thing that won’t ever go away without you closing/reopening the game. It is horrible to do this for 30minutes, playing with your chance, trying to enter a game, and getting tilted before even being able to play it. A queue would let us approximatively know our time of wait instead of closing/reopening non stop hoping the written number of players on the server would this time be correct.

Maybe generate random maps, or at least random biomes placements to force people exploring. Most people know the map by heart and just rush the spots they already know strategic. Force players to travel before settling to re-balance a bit the game, and also to renew it, to make it more entertaining and not letting it lose it’s explorative side.

Modify the Swamp disease: we have too much percentage of chance to get sick in the even five first minutes of game. Why don’t you give it a rate to be contaminated from someone sick, or at least a durable immunation when you craft a cure (several ig days) that is by the way too hard to get when new on a server. We start and stay with a permanant handicap while advanced players get rid off it easily, which deepens the gap. Btw leeches blood is ONLY needed for the cure. Some ressources are almost absolutly useless and SO hard/expensive to get, like tree sap for example, and certainly many others. More creativity when adding a ressource would make us more likely to farm it and explore the new content you’re making.

Hitboxes and movements: dinosaures. Why don’t make dinos follow the player’s trace instead of going straight to him? Trying to farm metal with Parasaurus is a real CURSE. They can’t follow you anywhere cause instead of following you through the rocks, they just go in straight lines towards you and get stuck every single metre in rocks or fallen tree troncs...
Also why are Pteranodons trolling around not letting you get on it? A recode of their following deplacement would really be needed, I died many times just because I could not get on mine to escape or attack. So Please add code lines. Like Taking off the damage taken from jumping from our OWN ground dinosaures (Therizinosaurus...). It is just one code line to add, please don’t be too lazy to do so.

Base construction: allowing us to be able to turn the constructions Before blocking its position would be very much more handful. Also please make it more reliable. How many times did I click to place a new wall and destroyed the previous one instead... Not so important when it is wood, but more tilting when you’re trying to up your base to metal. Foundations too are a real pain, you should maybe give it the heigh of a pillar instead of forcing us glitching with it to get the chance to be able to construct a 4x4 base... Also a Lower of the Cooldown Needed to destruct a player’s abandonned base would be much more better! Abandonned enemy structures are So anoying to build around or for ressource respawn. No one returns to a base with no bed after 12 days, you can clearly lower this cooldown!

Also, for the love of god, correct glitches. How is it that it’s been THREE YEARS that people are just crafting rafts and stay safe whatever happens by enterring an iceberg? Correct rafts! Correct environment boxes! Even worse: cross servers glitches. Players are taking Reapers in their womb to day1 servers, Reapers that are absolutly unkillable on other extentions than the one they come from. How are we supposed to deal with that? And I’m only a new player with only the main map, there might be MANY other unfair glitches I don’t know about, please fix them.

Also, (another), most players use a bot that tells them everyone that is connected on a server, their position, the  moment they disconnect, and the moment they reconnect. I was told by an old player this bot was "a must have". No wonder these "old players", so courageous, wait for our disconnection, and that we reconnect, with no surprise, dead, with nothing left. I sadly don't remember the name of this bot, but anyone you'd ask would give it to you.

Tho why is even cross server a thing on official servers if official servers don’t even wip anyway? I met a guy that played for five years with the same dinos going from servs to servs just destroying everyone’s bases?? Why dont you AT LEAST allow it only for same day created servers? Or in between the same map servers? Cross server is honestly THE thing that stopped me from playing your game, that could have actually been good if more taken care of. Try harding my base to try to get ahead of a new server, and seeing a lvl400 dragon exploding it in a single second, tho dragons are not even on the map I’m on, (three times), is the worst thing I had to experience on your game. I  then learned that people are, so, keeping the same dinos for years, multiplying them with their nicest stats but that there is also a huge black market of it, people litteraly make money out of your lazyness. With these 5years longed ameliorated dinos, these "players" build cross-server tribes of 800 persons, and unabble ANY-ONE to play dozens of servers, because they alll "own" them, so as soon as you get into it, and as long as you disconnect (thanks to the bot and because they don't even wanna face 1day old players), you get back to your base exploded and all your dinos dead. They basically ruin your game, no one can actually play. So for the love of god, PLEASE moderate your servers. Also making more wiping servers with NO cross server could be a solution to get new players. What you let "players" do here goes completely to the opposite.

Talking about servers, unofficial servers are not all even available from EpicGames, This also been years, maybe you could fix that. We have Waaaaaay too few unoff servers from epic  games, they all are empty and moded. So we basically HAVE to go on official stupid servers if we want to play, before realising again that, Oops, no, we can't because this game is laggy and not even moderated, so everyone is cheating, and you have no chance to keep the same base (or to stay on the same server) two days in a row.

And finally, ROLLBACKS!!! Its a survival PVP game. What could be more needed than a propre connexion? I can’t tell how many times I died because of rollbacks, I even C4-ed myself twice because of it, which is a true shame. There’s absolutly no possibility to enjoy a survival game if the game itself doesn’t stop killing you, or if all your preys are tp-ing, preventing you from hitting anything. This added to the fact that hitmarkers are absolutly horrible and taking away let’s say about 1/4 of the damage you should actually deal...

To be honest, I had the game from EpicGames when it was free, and it trully is a luck. I was really hyped for your game because the idea is really good and feels like a Rust/Pokemon mix. But it is SO badly coded and moderated that it is an absolute shame to sell it for a so high price out of promotions... This game is not finished, it is still a beta to me. I really liked your game for the first few days, but got bored / disgusted so damn fast by seeing how MANY bad point it has, and how much developpers haven’t been giving a single damn for years. The more I played and learned, the more I was disappointed.

I hope I’m not the only one reporting these points to you, and that you will finally fix it. The main idea of this game was nice and i’d love to see it work proprely one day. But for now, it has Way too many bad points to me. This game is bugged as hell and is absolutly against new players, so I don’t think I’ll ever play again ‘til I hear about any good change. For now I’ll leave it for 5years long players tp-ing from servs to servs, glitching the same things for years and destroying everything on every maps, or to players accepting so many laggs, missing code lines and rollbacks...

Hope you’ll take these kind of messages in consideration quickly, because your game could have been pretty nice, and I’d really enjoy to play a propre version of it!
Wishing you a good day,

Targada

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived