Empty crystal wyvern nest fails to despawn

• EndlessDuck changed the title to Empty crystal wyvern nest fails to despawn
18 hours ago, EndlessDuck said:

I took an egg from this nest 3 days ago but the nest Itself doesnt despawn. It is still there empty and useless.

The same thing happens to me, a few days ago I saw about 4 nests, I took all the eggs, all the nests disappeared, except one, and every day I return the nest continues there without disappearing or having new eggs, and there are about 5 wyverns around him. Another thing I have also seen is that 100% of the eggs that come out are Ember, I have not got any Blood and that there are several wyverns nearby.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Evza said:

Seems like this location had a decor mesh used, I was able to reproduce the same thing so hopefully gets fixed in the future to being a functional nest instead, thx for the info

It is actually a functional nest, but there appears to be an issue with it related to stasis or something. In single-player, that nest is working properly, but in multi-player, that nest gets deleted and respawned whenever it is re-rendered (can be verified with debugstructures; it gets a new ID every times).

• Wildcard QA
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

It is actually a functional nest, but there appears to be an issue with it related to stasis or something. In single-player, that nest is working properly, but in multi-player, that nest gets deleted and respawned whenever it is re-rendered (can be verified with debugstructures; it gets a new ID every times).

they actually all do that (change IDs), but this one in particular is called a "crystal wyvern nest" vs a "wyvern nest"

regardless, it's in our system to be fixed

Edited by Evza
  • Volunteer Moderator
21 hours ago, Evza said:

they actually all do that (change IDs), but this one in particular is called a "crystal wyvern nest" vs a "wyvern nest"

regardless, it's in our system to be fixed

Hmm, I was curious about this so I tested again and you are right; they are all changing ID on re-render in MP, but appears persistent in SP. However, I was able to reproduce it on my dedicated server and found the actual cause. This happens because there is a second nest that spawns next to it that is misplaced in the mesh. This prevents one or the other from properly despawning until both have been picked up. Here is a short clip demonstrating it: