A Message to the Developers.

GhostCreep

A Message to the Developers.

I really like this game...

So I would really like it to work...

Please make fixes and optimization in the game a full-time priority over new content for awhile...

Even if every good idea I ever wanted in the game was about to get put into it...

I would rather you fix all the bugs, crashes and problems with it first...

That's how serious I would like you to take fixing this game...

It's not about how much cool ish you can cram into it for us...

It's about us being able to actually enjoy it...

If you really want to show appreciation to the community that put you where you are...

That's how you actually do it.

It is very profitable to fix the game... most of the people that quit were because of the bugs and word of them have kept a lot of people a way from ARK... Fixing it, and the community being happy with those fixes, and other people hearing the game works better, makes the community grow larger, giving the game more players... Adding more purchases to new content and the game in general...

It's a win - win.

For the Devs AND the Community...

I disagree.

People who quit are not often lurk around checking what's going on with the game, so you ("you" as a developer/publisher here) would need to advertise it. Saying your game became a lot less poopty more optimized and bug free kinda implies that it was bugged and bad.

Even if your message reaches those who quit, they probably won't come back just because stuff that annoyed them to the point they quit is now fixed. "too late" would be the response.

Alright, lets assume they did come back and playing. Who cares about them? You can't sell them bugfixes... yet. So you get nothing from them playing again. Okay okay, they boost your CCU, but you can achieve same with DLCs.

Being happy, leaving positive reviews, spreading the news about you changing your ways for the better... If any of that had any significance then you would pay more attention to community opinion already. And if you don't then it's safe to assume general level of disappointment doesn't affect your sales.

People who are still playing are payed already and hey, they are still here aren't they? So you can pretty much ignore them completely.

Now DLCs are the real hot poop! This is  what makes people come back. This you can promote as best thing that ever happened to ark. It will get bug fixes only first few weeks or maybe even months, but eventually get abandoned with major design flaws, bugs and exploits, but at this point it won't be refundable and sales will get low anyways, doesn't matter if you still fixing it or not at that point, so you can work on new DLC and so on.

Ok... You are completely right about pretty much all of that and I can admit that... but I still believe it would be profitable in some shape or form to fix the game... Plus not listening to the community, ever, kills your later sales of different games... Like Atlas... They could of made all that ARK money on Atlas too, but didn't, one reason being the developers reputation for releasing shotty products, the other being it itself was a shotty product at launch.

What your saying has merit but it doesn't change the fact that they want to release new games in the future, and fixing their reputation with this game ensures more return players to their new games... If they really made ARK 2 it probably would sell to all the core players they still have, like Atlas did, but the larger community won't hop on. Just like they didn't with Atlas.

I hear what you are saying but thinking with a long term strategy, fixing the game is definitely profitable to their company as a whole.

• 9 months later...

Better be ignoring us making ark 2 bad ass asf boi like fr please do something about the cheaters in ark 2 like seriously fuc cheating its terable nothing says i suck at pvp like im cheating with my pink lvl 1 thousand giga or my 404 mana and hud track. But in its hayday man i miss that poop im just mad cause its dying like terribly really was amutha F ing class A concept and a work of art

picasso ...

.but ArK.

Thank you dudes for what you do man i look forward to new stuff. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would at least like to see optimization for modern hardware. The game doesn’t utilize modern hardware to it’s fullest and some optimization would be beneficial for frame rates and rendering speed (not seeing chunks of map load in after entering them). Using 5600x and 3070, my cpu util is only like 20% of one or 2 cores and gpu never exceeds 60-65%, making me feel like there’s a lot left on the table. Possibly bringing the Xbox series X updates to Win10 would be beneficial.

On 6/25/2020 at 4:31 AM, GhostCreep said:

It is very profitable to fix the game...

Only in the beginning.

Show me one example in the gaming industry where the Part 1 was polished long after the release while Part 2 is in the pipeline.

I remember e.g. the same demands from players for Everquest 1 after Everquest 2 was released.
Everquest 1 has never recovered. It's still there but a ghosttown.

This game will never be fixed. Never gonna happen.

And I will tell you why. 

Even when this game was in early  access, players complained about game breaking bugs. Many of them are still in the game. The developers of this game do not have the skill to fix it. So instead they just keep pumping in more content to distract and sell more copies. 

This game will always be a broken mess. I love it, but also hate it.

The sad thing is that ARK 2. Will be even worse.

Im probably not adding much or throwing fuel on the fire, but I have purposely avoided the skylord cave so far BECAUSE of the skylord artifact bug that is still plaguing single player.
I know they said something about fixing it or something recently, but last time I checked {right before the woopsie wipe} it was still not showing up. x.x

Archived