Astrocetus a fantastic animal but how many has actually tried it legit?

Allanballan

Astrocetus a fantastic animal but how many has actually tried it legit?

So how many has actually got the Astrocetus saddle and tried it out?

On my server we are 3 players. We have tried Beta Master Controller a couple of times but always gets squashed at last phase after dismounting. Losing no Therizinos. We die with our survivors  before. Then the boss fight ends and we lose our tames as it should be. A bummer it is so hard for few players to complete though. Not everyone can take this fight on with 10 players.

Guess a lot of people will never even be able to try out the Astrocetus at all. I have 2 tamed sitting in my base for 3 months but the saddle is unreachable. Bad move from wildcard if you ask me. I love that its hard but you should not need 10 ppl to complete a Boss fight, not all players have the opportunity. Its a pity that a so wonderful animal like the Astrocetus will never actually be ridden by 70% of the player base. Even though they try. And to get a saddle via the loot crates is almost near to impossible too.

I think a big  squad of survivors is for your advantage on the Master Controller.

Dino armies are really hard to control since all whistles makes them attack everything.

``Attack this target´´ and ``Attack my target´´ seems to work the same as neutral. The unmounted dino army just hit whatever they can see or gets attacked by regardless of whistleing ``Attack this SPECIFIC target´´ then do not move until told. Doesnt matter they run around like crazy. And to whistle passive in there to get them rounded up again is a death sentence!

Mounted dinos and high melee theriz/Rhinos are the way to go and many survivors if you ask me.

And fyi I know that server owners can tweak their server so that the dinos does more dmg and put on single player settings to make things easier for small groups of people but should this really be necessary to get a saddle for an Astrocetus? We want to play the game the vanilla way.

I agree it sucks that so much cool stuff is locked behind the raids which limits solo/small tribes.
Should be alternative ways to unlock them. We use mods on our servers to unlock the tek stuff as you level up for now.

I think it's a cool dino/animal, and it's fun to do bombing runs and blasting stuff with the turrets.
BUT, that lasts about 10 minutes in PVE. After that our whales got orbed and put into storage.

Sadly it's just another PVP animal, would have been awesome if there was an alternative saddle that allowed for more building!
A flyer alternative to Megachelon for nomad playstyle. Then the slow movement speed wouldn't matter either.

Or allow it to be used against raid (arena) bosses, seems weird that all the most powerful pve creatures we can get will be useless since Rex/Ther is the most we can bring...

Archived