Suggestion

Unique Center Map Dino

Since every Free Mod Map added has had a unique dino... I thought I would throw an idea out there for the Center Map to give a reason to go playthrough it again and also to bring it up to date with the other 3 Mod Maps...

Since the Center is mostly a water map... I thought why not a water dino? and I'm guessing my choice has been brought up a few other times to be an addition to the game because it is such an awesome creature...

The Archelon Giant Sea Turtle...

This (I Imagine) majestic and beautiful animal would be more than enough reason to go back to the Center Map...

It could gather Jellyfish Toxin and be immune to Jellyfish stings (as I suggested for the Carbonemys also if the Archelon never made it into the game) and Electric Eels (which I withheld from the Carbonemys for this reason) 

It could be a passive tame like the Basil/Whale and would be tamed by Jellyfish Toxin but when tamed would eat fish specifically. Also filling it's food meter a little bit when it eats jellyfish (being one of the main things sea turtles eat in the wild)

This dino would have to act a little different though... Rather than just hovering around in one area like most dinos in ARK... The sea turtle would have to constantly be moving... Hunting for it's favorite food. Jellyfish. I suggest having a group of only 3 at a time (or maybe a couple groups on servers) circling around the map through the ocean...

Making them much harder to passively tame having to keep up with their movements.

I think riding it underwater like a Megalodon superman-style would be the right look but when riding it on the surface we should be able to Surf on it! Kind of like the Manta, except standing sideways and without the jump, but with way more in depth handling...

Turning would have to almost drift, kind of like the Equus turning when running fast... An animation to where it looks like it's carving up the waves with little splashes would be a nice touch also...

I think it wouldn't even need a saddle... Just standing up sideways as you surf on the surface and diving down onto the top of it's shell, holding onto the top of the shell behind it's head as you ride underwater. Superman-style like I said...

This would make this turtle so amazing!

Unlike the other turtles this one would have to be fast, comparable to an Ichthyosaur maybe even a Plesiosaur...

but it would have to have a higher defense for it's shell and making up for the lack of saddle...

It wouldn't have a very high attack but there wouldn't be any better way to travel!

I almost guarantee this would become one of the most popular water dinos ever! and you can quote me... lol People would probably want it on more maps than just the Center I'd bet... Definitely making them go back to it to tame one...

but it's just a thought...

Thank you for your time.

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived