"There are too many tamed creatures on the Ark" can't tame anything.

"There are too many tamed creatures on the Ark" can't tame anything.

TLDR; tried multiple fixes for bug that doesn't allow taming or egg hatching. I am stuck on trying to progress my boss fighting army.

I play on my friends nitrado server on The Island. It's set to pvp but we play it as pve don't know why the owner didn't change it. Recently we've had the phrase in the title pop up everytime we try to tame something after KO'ing it and trying to feed it or when I try and hatch an egg. We've tried to up the amount of tamed creatures we can have on the ark, infact it's at 50,000 right now but nothing seems to fix it. We've tried killing off tames we didn't need, etc. And we are stuck on trying to progress because we can't breed up an army for the boss fights. The only thing I could think of that may have caused this is that we recently found out that one of our friends leaves some sheep on mating but they're in an enclosed space(a base) that is also surrounded by outside walls to protect against predators. I don't know what to do in order to fix this issue so if anyone has any advice please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope it's not to late.

I also had the same issue on one of my pve servers. I tried every fix possible until I stumbled on the problem. Found a couple thousand allosaurus in one spot falling out of the sky. There were babies, adolescents, and adults as if they were unclaimed. The ping and fps was so bad that you and any creature around you can't move. So I got far enough away to go in admin mode and use the cheat destroyall allo_character_bp_c command and instantly it was better.

This command will destroy all wild, tamed, and unclaimed dino of the name. You may have to warn others to cryo the creature you will destroy.

But still couldn't tame any creatures. So just flew around the map for a little while in admin and sure enough came across another area but this time it was hyaenodons. Used the same command for them and still didn't fix the taming. Found a base with thousands of eels in a pool. Of course, same command. And finally problem solved. Taming back to normal.

Come to find out these 3 types of dinos have been left on wondering and have been mating the hole time. And for some reason the server had been saving all the data and decided to dump all of them out at one time.

Had another server doing the same thing. So I went around and asked all players if any dinos of opposite gender have been left on wondering. After the answers I give everyone a notice to cryo said dinos and then destroyed those creatures. All servers are running good. 

Sorry for the long story. ?? hope this helps.

Archived