Thanks WC for another useless creature!!

Frost027

1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

What if manas themselves took damage when they froze tames and players so that the freezing would have to be allocated carefully instead of spammed?  (I don't play PVP so I don't really know much about it)

The freeze beam either needs to lose a ton of it's damage or the ability to freeze PvP targets altogether. The combination of high damage and paralysis will always be unbalanced as all hell.

Maybe if they were a slow creature that combination could be tolerable, but its also the fastest damn thing in the game. So it warps to you in the blink of an eye and as soon as it lands a few extremely quick hits with the freeze its game over.

DDOS/duping, meshing, and manas are what break this game.

28 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

The freeze beam either needs to lose a ton of it's damage or the ability to freeze PvP targets altogether. The combination of high damage and paralysis will always be unbalanced as all hell.

I honestly dont understand why they dont remove the ability to freeze targets. It would honestly be the easiest fix surely ? 

I spent an hour and a half watching a stream of someone defending their server against a major raid. Guess how many mana's I saw? None. In fact half the video was the streamer running around trying to pick giga, velon, and tape riders on a ptera. I also saw argies in the pick war too. Mana's are used only in skirmishing. I was a bit sad to see no tropeo's though. I also saw more snow owl's then i did anything else the dive bomb game was real lawl.

19 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I honestly dont understand why they dont remove the ability to freeze targets. It would honestly be the easiest fix surely ? 

I’d say swap it so that rode or tamed Dino’s take the slowed debuff that ice wyverns give with their breath instead.  Pulling the freeze all together will just make them useless when it comes to hitting fast moving targets.

21 hours ago, Renzourin said:

I spent an hour and a half watching a stream of someone defending their server against a major raid. Guess how many mana's I saw? None. In fact half the video was the streamer running around trying to pick giga, velon, and tape riders on a ptera. I also saw argies in the pick war too. Mana's are used only in skirmishing. I was a bit sad to see no tropeo's though. I also saw more snow owl's then i did anything else the dive bomb game was real lawl.

Maybe they should of supported the tanks and gigas with a mana. Then that streamer would have no chance. Anyways I think we can all agree that more counters to a mana rider is needed. Creatures that can be breed need weaknesses. Everyone has capped saddles on them, so I don’t even bother shooting it. 

On 6/24/2020 at 1:59 AM, RipRavage said:

Isn't the general consensus that manas hold the title of "THIS RUINED ARK" and have since they stole that crown from wyverns?  There is no balancing or progression in this game, tons of creatures are rendered completely obsolete by end game dinos, the variety is just there for people like myself that enjoy a bit of role play now and then.  The PVP meta is stale and boring and it always will be because of stuff like manas and wyverns.  Don't wanna deal with it, go play on a server that doesn't allow transfers and doesn't spawn manas.

Literally the only reason people use dinos like Rexes or Spinos is because Gigas can't go into most boss fights, thats about as close to balancing as this game actually has.

My problem I have with Tropeos is how broken their taming is, it can go to crap real fast with the beat it into recovery mode method (Which is a exploit) and the standard method of taming literally takes 15 hours currently on PC.  At least have the stupid things actually work before you throw the useless crap into your games.

Going even further back into the classics... The Baryonx! I lure bad Manna riders into the water. Tail whip them off. Deploy my (another classic) Megatherium. Then tank the  Manna. Hasnt failed me once. One guy was so surprised he gave me a manna. And yes they are cheap. So veeery cheap. I just had to freeze people. So I drowned the Manna. Hopped back on my classic Baryonx as to save my REAL PvP skills...

4 hours ago, IgorThatchRich said:

Going even further back into the classics... The Baryonx! I lure bad Manna riders into the water. Tail whip them off. Deploy my (another classic) Megatherium. Then tank the  Manna. Hasnt failed me once. One guy was so surprised he gave me a manna. And yes they are cheap. So veeery cheap. I just had to freeze people. So I drowned the Manna. Hopped back on my classic Baryonx as to save my REAL PvP skills...

Always nice to see smart usage of the Baryonyx, he may be a utility player, but he is also the MVP in my opinion.

• 1 month later...

Archived