Thanks WC for another useless creature!!

Frost027

Thanks WC for another useless creature!!

The Tropeognathus. A very cool flyer, very unique to Ark as well. Using a jet pack mode to launch it at very high speeds, as well as a mounted grenade launcher that can be used in the jet mode for fly bys. For balance, the saddle only has 25 armor and instead the higher qualities give more weapon damage.

Very cool and useful especially for something like raid defence.

Oh wait, nevermind, it isn't useful, it's trash, and no one will ever use it.

Why? You guessed it! Meet my friend the mana.

On offical small tribes, manas have 22k hp, 124 armor saddles (for 80% DAMAGE REDUCTION) 10k stamina, and ONE THOUSAND AND THREE HUNDRED MELEE! 1,300! Yay!!

Oh, and guess what! Want to hear the best part? The Trop gets frozen for ELEVEN SECONDS! I counted. Not only that, because of their only 25 armor, and the fact that MANAS CAN HEADSHOT THEM WITH THE ICE BREATH (YES REALLY) They will literally die nearly instantly because they are frozen for so long and have less than 10k hp. Even if you breed them to the extreme and get say, 12k hp, you will still will have NO CHANCE at all of killing a mana or even doing any mediocre damage to them before you are frozen, then killed.

B-But Frost!! Manas are powerful late game tames like Wyverns! Maybe Trops aren't meant to counter them and instead or used for other things in pvp! Like Raids maybe!

Maybe, maybe. But guess what, every single instance of pvp, wether it be trolling, raids, raid defence, whatever, 99% of people use manas with the OCCASIONAL wyvern and some old souls from the good old days using a griffin hopelessly. You will never use the trop in an instance in pvp that it might be "meant" to be used in without a mana being there. Meaning it's effectiveness will never come to light.

I appreciate Wildcard seeing their mistake, and somewhat (HEAVY EMPHASIS ON SOMEWHAT LOOKING AT YOU MEGACHELON) balancing their game. Bloodstalkers and Ferox have no saddles for balance, Trop only has 25 armor regardless of quality, Magmasaur gives you freeze immunity when charging up and doesn't one shot you like the mana. But they still refuse to do anything about their biggest mistake ever. This stupid tame that I see everywhere. I can't get into a single raid, a single fight, or use a single tame without manas showing up. So. Boring.

Maybe if their stats weren't so insane it'd be different... There is a level cap on offical of level 450, I was so excited hearing about this thinking hopefully manas won't reach 2,000 melee on Xbox smalls like on PC. But people can go around this by breeding them with lower level manas and getting the bad food stat, etc and lowering the level way below 450.

I can sum all of this up in one sentence: Trop and Griffin, 8-10k hp; Time they are frozen for: 11 seconds. The amount of damage a mana can do in that time on something with no saddle (or close with 25 armor): 19-23k damage. You do the math.

Stop ignoring this problem and freshen your game up. All the tames in Crystal Isles are also useless because of this exact thing. Absolute trash balancing.

Isn't the general consensus that manas hold the title of "THIS RUINED ARK" and have since they stole that crown from wyverns?  There is no balancing or progression in this game, tons of creatures are rendered completely obsolete by end game dinos, the variety is just there for people like myself that enjoy a bit of role play now and then.  The PVP meta is stale and boring and it always will be because of stuff like manas and wyverns.  Don't wanna deal with it, go play on a server that doesn't allow transfers and doesn't spawn manas.

Literally the only reason people use dinos like Rexes or Spinos is because Gigas can't go into most boss fights, thats about as close to balancing as this game actually has.

My problem I have with Tropeos is how broken their taming is, it can go to crap real fast with the beat it into recovery mode method (Which is a exploit) and the standard method of taming literally takes 15 hours currently on PC.  At least have the stupid things actually work before you throw the useless crap into your games.

I agree, and a huge part of this problem is also the mutation stacking. I understand that wildcard wont do anything about it since it keeps people occupied for years ingame. But seriously then do not put up a limit of 20 mutations at each side. This I would call an exploit and this is why we see such OP tames in the first place.

1 hour ago, Allanballan said:

I agree, and a huge part of this problem is also the mutation stacking. I understand that wildcard wont do anything about it since it keeps people occupied for years ingame. But seriously then do not put up a limit of 20 mutations at each side. This I would call an exploit and this is why we see such OP tames in the first place.

People spending lots of time on tuso breeding didn't stop WC from nerfing it and another popular specie got butchered not so long ago. So it's possible, but seeing how they dance around mana trying to balance it without actually changing anything makes me think it's highly unlikely that this abomination will ever get fixed.

I do believe someone in dev team just likes it too much to admit mana is their Concorde.

Yeah, apparently you don't play official pvp. Pteras don't, and can't assist at all. They are frozen near instantly and are frozen for eleven seconds. Since manas can headshot them, they can deal like, 20k damage + in that amount of time. Literally useless. PTs are only good for early game bobs to use.

You said "Manas are vulnerable because of their close range"

What. Apparently you've also never used a mana before. Tell me how a 22k hp creature, with a 124 armor saddle for an EIGHTY 80% damage, AND being the fastest thing in the game, literally able to outrun EVERY single creature in the game, while also being very tanky, is "vulnerable" in any way

Tropeo has that escape move, use that before the mana shoots you? Also my tropeo has 12k hp unmutated with some levels, as you can put some hp on them since melee is irrelevant, their dmg comes from the saddles. Also with manas needing to land more often due to nerfs surely you can just keep using the tropeo evade move to help avoid getting frozen and then stay near to sky barrier so it’s harder for the mana to get you? 

I never saw the tropeo as a mana killer, it’s more of a flyer killer. Great speed and mobility easy to avoid wyvern breathes etc. 

Not defending manas at all, just the tropeo is not the counter you were hoping for. 

If maybe the tropeo could also shoot chain bolas and if chain bolas worked on manas then that might be an interesting counter. A sort of hit and run immobiliser that would give time for other tribe members to rush/focus their target. 

But atm I’m having great fun shooting down wyverns on my tropeo :) so please no nerfs for the tropeo. 

3 minutes ago, Mrterry9 said:

Tropeo has that escape move, use that before the mana shoots you? Also my tropeo has 12k hp unmutated with some levels, as you can put some hp on them since melee is irrelevant, their dmg comes from the saddles. Also with manas needing to land more often due to nerfs surely you can just keep using the tropeo evade move to help avoid getting frozen and then stay near to sky barrier so it’s harder for the mana to get you? 

I never saw the tropeo as a mana killer, it’s more of a flyer killer. Great speed and mobility easy to avoid wyvern breathes etc. 

Not defending manas at all, just the tropeo is not the counter you were hoping for. 

If maybe the tropeo could also shoot chain bolas and if chain bolas worked on manas then that might be an interesting counter. A sort of hit and run immobiliser that would give time for other tribe members to rush/focus their target. 

But atm I’m having great fun shooting down wyverns on my tropeo :) so please no nerfs for the tropeo. 

I never said Trops themselves were overpowered or that they were supposed to be "mana killers" or a hard counter or something.

It's the fact the manas existence makes them obsolete already. 

And obviously one of the biggest advantages any flyer has over a mana is the fact it can fly, while manas have to awkwardly jump. But still. Trops have 25 armor which means they are frozen instantly. It takes about 3-4 hit markers to freeze them and you know how fast they show up. Once you are frozen, you are dead, peroid. Unless you are really high in the sky and they got you up there. But most of the time if you're close to the ground at all, you will die. No question. Even with 25k hp on a trop you are dead because manas have 1.3k melee and especially because for some stupid reason they can headshot things like PTs and Trops.

It takes zero skill to aim the giant beam to instantly freeze them, then kill them with some of the most damage in the game while they are stuck in place for eleven seconds. Stupid.

I know they aren't meant to counter manas or be mana killers. It's the fact that you'll never be able to use a trop for the most part because 99% of everyone uses manas, literally. So everywhere you go with a trop, there will be a mana. And you and your tame will be dead

4 hours ago, LEDminer said:

Well I mean the boards have a tendency to go on about topics that have been discussed to death already.

I'd rather talk about manas over "servers x, y and z are offline plz halp."

What about the random spam bot generated topics about “ Indian love potions Fix broken marriage “ that get spammed every night, those are fun right.

Archived