What do you raise baby crystal wyverns on pls?

STUL

Ya, but once you get the hang of it, primal crystals are easy to get. You need to knock out a Crystal Wyvern (the passive kind, not the heir type that are aggressive). You then run up to it and press E to take the crystals. The higher level they are, the more you get. A Tropical Crystal Wyvern acts as a fridge and the primal crystals should last the longest in it. They won't go in a fridge or anything like that.

You will need to figure out a safe way to knock them out, as after the first shot they turn aggressive. I play with mods, so have arrows that knock them out in one shot. If you play with vanilla settings, you'll need to figure out some way to trap it while you shoot at it.

I can add on that: Playing with barely no mods, we build a taming-cage - a structure with a behemoth door on one side, a big dino-doorframe on the other side (without a door), fence + walls around and a roof on top. To tame a wyvern we aggro one with a Griffin (Griffin are faster than normal Crystal Wyvern). They lose aggro quite fast, so you have to annoy them a little :P

With the Wyvern behind your Griffin you can fly through the behemoth door (the Wyvern will fit through it)  and escape through the big dinosaur doorframe (the Wyvern does not fit through it, but the Griffin does). Then you sit down with the Griffin (out of breath-range from the Wyvern), unmount, run around the cage and close the behemoth-door while the Wyvern is inside and angrily staring at the Griffin.

Now you can shoot the Wyvern from a distance outside of it's breath-range until it is knocked out and take those crystals.

We have taming-speed x5 and the Wyverns never need food before they are grown-ups, then they eat raw meat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That is the type of trap that I would've made before, but I found the one in the link below and it works like a charm. The trick is you need a little distance before heading straight toward the trap so the wyvern isn't off to the side on a curve, but it is a nice, easy, CHEAP trap. The gates are very resource heavy.

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve seen a lot of crystal wyvern trap videos and most of them don’t work and the captain fatdog one just doesn’t work for me but I found a trap that’s 1,000 times more efficient personally since you don’t get attacked by it, place a bear trap and then put honey on top and when it gets stuck put a stone gate around its neck and a stone gate right behind the shoulders.

• 1 month later...

Not long ago i saw a nice technique with a tek behe gate and a snow owl. The  owl pulled 2 or 3 heir wyvern at once to the trap, waited at the gate to keep it open and then flying out on the other side, heirs trapped. No need for a keypad or second person.

Not the cheapest option but the most effective for a solo player i guess. The owl can heal herself afterwards and knocking out is the same as with other traps.

• 6 months later...

Archived