The reason Crystal Wyvern Eggs aren't Spawning + Fix

RipRavage

Crystal Wyvern eggs stopped spawning for me, so I decided to do some investigating since nobody else ever seems to bother.  Found out eggs are spawning under the ground eating up eggs spots, which I'm assuming has a hard limit just like normal wyvern eggs.  The only way to fix the issue is to ghost into the ground and grab the egg, once its gone a new one instanly spawned (yes, I tested this multiple times and it worked).

So if you are single player or unofficial and have good admins you are in luck, because you can fix the issue temporarily until they spawn in the bad spots again, if you play official you are poop out of luck and are going to have to wait for them to patch this at a snails pace like usual.  I'm sure nobody official will ever see this, but hopefully this helps some fellow players.

20200623025049-1.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/23/2020 at 12:26 AM, RipRavage said:

Crystal Wyvern eggs stopped spawning for me, so I decided to do some investigating since nobody else ever seems to bother.  Found out eggs are spawning under the ground eating up eggs spots, which I'm assuming has a hard limit just like normal wyvern eggs.  The only way to fix the issue is to ghost into the ground and grab the egg, once its gone a new one instanly spawned (yes, I tested this multiple times and it worked).

So if you are single player or unofficial and have good admins you are in luck, because you can fix the issue temporarily until they spawn in the bad spots again, if you play official you are poop out of luck and are going to have to wait for them to patch this at a snails pace like usual.  I'm sure nobody official will ever see this, but hopefully this helps some fellow players.

20200623025049-1.jpg

Did you ever find a resolution to this Rip? 

Did they fix it? Experiencing it now on my unofficial 

On 12/2/2020 at 3:46 PM, d1nk said:

Did you ever find a resolution to this Rip? 

Did they fix it? Experiencing it now on my unofficial 

Sorry for the late response, but no, they never fixed it.  As usual they ignore known issues.  I've cleared them all before and the still eventually respawn underground.

• 1 month later...

BrokenNest.thumb.jpg.876d733f91e3d94137c55acfc35d6d6a.jpg

This nest is broken and I've never seen an egg on it. This nest never seems to de-spawn either. I wish you could destroy nests. The only way to get rid of it is to admin killallwilddinos. All the other nest location can spawn eggs and after a few are taken from it the nest de-spawns to be replaced with a nest elsewhere. I've never found an egg that has fallen through the map. I'm guessing this might happen on servers with performance problems? (i.e. low server fps).
I think that the nest are connected to the crystal wyvern heirs that are up. So if a nest stays empty after de-rendering, waiting an hour and re-rendering, try pulling all of the crystal wyvern heirs out of the desert. As they get to the edge of render distance they will break off. They then do one of two things, descend and stick around for awhile  or take off for the center of the map. If they do the latter the instant they de-render they will de-spawn.

AdminCheat destroyall DroppedItemGeneric_FertilizedEgg_CrystalWyvern_C

BE WARNED! The above will destroy any Crystal wyvern eggs that have been dropped for hatching too, make sure you or your users do not have any down incubating when you run this command or it will destroy them in addition to the wild ones.

23 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Make sure to first tell your community to pickup their incubating eggs. 👀

It only affects eggs that haven't been picked up from nests (supposedly, admittedly I've never actually tested that). I use the standard wyvern variant of the command on my Rag server regularly and the Rock Drake variant on our Ab server as we only have a very small group of players on our cluster so the eggs go stale if left.

• Volunteer Moderator
35 minutes ago, IanHighlander said:

It only affects eggs that haven't been picked up from nests (supposedly, admittedly I've never actually tested that). I use the standard wyvern variant of the command on my Rag server regularly and the Rock Drake variant on our Ab server as we only have a very small group of players on our cluster so the eggs go stale if left.

That command will no discriminate and delete all of them regardless of how/when they were spawned.

On 1/21/2021 at 8:56 PM, invincibleqc said:

That command will no discriminate and delete all of them regardless of how/when they were spawned.

So it does (just tested it), never affects us because we use the S+ hatchery and it doesn't destroy any in "storage" of any kind. Eggs are only on the ground when hatching for about 15 seconds and we only have a few users so not an issue for us.

I have however edited my original post with the command with a warning for others :)

• 7 months later...

Our server does egg wipes 3x a week and we haven't seen Crystal Wyvern eggs since at least before the Summer Bash event. I've only started looking recently, but no luck. Trying to find out if anyone has found any since this thread has been up. Looks like yet another game breaking issue that WC will just ignore. No reason to hold out hope they'll fix something that has been an issue for well over a year.

Archived