Breeding and Performance Update

GP

but why unsync the egg timer with server timer ? doesnt that create more work for the server.

also the spoiltimer is still synchronized with the server timer and is constantly corrected.
so if they unsync the spoiltimer and sync the egg timer, there would be no change in server performance and everybody will be happy again with breeding.

• Volunteer Moderator
42 minutes ago, HiImZech said:

when was this deployed because a few days ago I had trouble with a quetz that didn't get any increment in maturity but the imprint timer is clocking still

it got fixed when I reset it through pods

At the start of the 5th anniversary event.

10 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

but why unsync the egg timer with server timer ? doesnt that create more work for the server.

also the spoiltimer is still synchronized with the server timer and is constantly corrected.
so if they unsync the spoiltimer and sync the egg timer, there would be no change in server performance and everybody will be happy again with breeding.

yep, i noticed that a bit ago, spoil timer is correct, always

On 6/23/2020 at 1:29 PM, BertNoobians said:

Spoil timer of stored items is not calculated realtime. Its updated only when you open storage containing them.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, BertNoobians said:

ok now i got something absolutely ridicalous, in a legacy server that has 20 ms ping, one rollrate matured normaly to 60% but a rollrat next to it remained at 12.8%. they where born at the same time. this is another serious stasis problem.

We have the same issue too but not only mature rate but with egg laying too.  While I was breeding the females just show ready to mate like forever. 

We went for a last min ditch to jump server and hit Rockwell boss but forgot to turn off mating before we went.  Guess what...... When we return somewhat an hour or so later, the females still show up as ready to mate lol.  WC really messed things up this time.

Only fix I have found is to cryo and un-cryo them but this is a pain trying to get them all line up with the male again.

1 hour ago, reddotjellytot said:

Only fix I have found is to cryo and un-cryo them but this is a pain trying to get them all line up with the male again.

That works for the babies not maturing too. 

My breeder Yuty's had 3 not mating, luckily they were all at the end of their lines so not too difficult to cryo and redeploy

with the latest patch , breeding went further down the drain. gestation dinos suffer now the same fate as eggs, random delays are added to gestation up to 35 minutes, maybe more is possible as i have seen 1 hour on eggs.
after all should be finished, every minute or so i get a parasaur warning that another baby is born.
for me this started after the latest patch today. and its happening in a good ping server.

On 7/5/2020 at 1:49 PM, BertNoobians said:

ok now i got something absolutely ridicalous, in a legacy server that has 20 ms ping, one rollrate matured normaly to 60% but a rollrat next to it remained at 12.8%. they where born at the same time. this is another serious stasis problem.

Batching in all its glory I guess.

Lagging baby will catch up eventually. Say in 1h it will instantly hop to same percentage as one that grows normally.

Annoying part is that while I can leave normal-growing dino for a while, other one will need to be handfed for hour more by 5 pieces of meat staying at 0.0%.

1 minute ago, deedoubleu said:

Batching in all its glory I guess.

Lagging baby will catch up eventually. Say in 1h it will instantly hop to same percentage as one that grows normally.

Annoying part is that while I can leave normal-growing dino for a while, other one will need to be handfed for hour more by 5 pieces of meat staying at 0.0%.

no it realy matured almost 8 hours later

On 6/23/2020 at 1:06 PM, FreeEnergyDrink said:

Having many little lags, or batching and having less but bigger lags is not optimization :D

Also, unsynced egg mating timer sucks...  

Everyone also noticed that all server performance has gotten worse for the past 1month, many servers crash and stay offline for hours, why not address that?

:D I feel you. I think they are not able to do so because they are no devs. they are content creators... they just don't know what to do.

@WC GET SOME DEVS!

Archived