Perma Unlock Engram Learning

yekrucifixion187

Suggestion

Perma Unlock Engram Learning

Engrams able to be learnt should not be tied to learning on the specific map but instead to whether you have the map that engram is learnt on.

I do not transfer my main character for fear of loss. It is level 136 and has completed every boss by taming, breeding, and prepping for it (ie. no boss run purchases) besides the Master Controller since day 3 of the official launch. I only transfer him when moving to a new story map since your character replacement policy is inadequate.

Once in awhile you force a mindwipe on us and so the very specific engrams I chose to proceed in the game are gone and my only choice to learn them is to risk my 3 year character to your bugs and glitches which is unacceptable of a price. 

So why would my character forget how to make a whip? Is the mindwipe amnesia? 

This comes about because currently my need for cliff platforms means I need to switch to my secondary character to craft them, which is just an inconvenience I shouldn't have to face.

The game obviously has the ability to tell which maps you own and therefore the engrams you can learn should be tied to that and able to be learnt on any map you currently reside on.

4 replies to this server topic

I agree on the point that we should be able to learn any engram on a character if we got the map for it without transfering the char.

It's is so easy to lose a character by transfering... and the sad part is, you need to prove that you had tek engrams unlocked to a GM, or they dont give a crap of your loss when losing a character is always 100% fault of WC :)

Time to remove the engram restrictions on certain maps. Allow us to research engrams without having to travel to certain maps. This will help NoTek and prim+ who don't have access to anything after aberration..

We were baited into purchasing genesis thinking we would get some content. We got a worthless pet that does nothing in no tek. We have no access to any new content. 

Thanks for ignoring us ......yes I'm salty ....

It would make things easier. 

I run an unofficial cluster, and while it is rare, we do have the occasional loss of character. And as the admin/owner - I do what I can to help, but engrams can be frustrating if the map they come from, or the maps that have them, aren't on our listings. 

So the idea that is that by owning the map, you own right to learn the engram where ever you are could work out, I would be all for it. 

Taking the concept a step further could be that if WC ever decided to offer purchasable content such as "Mod Packs" that contained skins and building items, that those engram too could be linked to the user. Owned, but still having to be purchased by way of engram points. 

Even if it all it is used for are the current engrams in game, I would be all for the idea. 

Archived