Quetzal taming tips

Dinobros2000

Quetzal taming tips

Hello! I just found a level 9 Quetzal and was wondering if anyone could provide some tips for taming a quetzal! I have a LOT of grapples, two crossbows, one is quality 125, and dododex say 15 tranq arrows, I have an argy and pteranodon and parachutes on hand, also have a Tapajara nearby. Don’t want him to desapwn, so what would be the best strategy? Backseat driver with tap? Grapple Argy and whisle attack? Thanks

BTW if your answer is use a friend well my computer has trouble hosting soooooo can’t really. Plan on trying tomorrow. Also I’m level 96 with levels pumped into speed, and also have taming x6 tanks for any help!

2 hours ago, ArkRage said:

so much easier to go to rag and get one tho. Too much faffing about with grappling/whistling.. just making it harder for yourself. Takes a few mins to ko a 150 with a griffin  so I imagine a lvl 9 would be like 2 darts xD

Do you read??????? please read my post before you talk unknowingly, i dont want it to despawn i have no idea how to tame a Griffin, ragnarock is too big for my computer to handle. it would take a while to tame a griffin, and ive never been able to upload cus my computer dosent like it. also it takes 15. i stated this in the inital post

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

There existed quetz taming methods from before the griffin was added to the game.

YES

By far the best way is with a friend. If you don't have a friend it gets a whole lot harder. I recently tamed a Quetzel with a friend, using a Tapejara, and that was difficult. 

Anything you do in Ark is going to be easier with friends, but everything is still possible. For example, using a Griffin. 

The Quetzel in general is not a dino easy to tame. If you don't have friends and reject friendly suggestions you have a huge amount of work ahead of you. 

Why do you need a Quetzel? It's a dino best tamed by a tribe, because it will likely be used by the entire tribe for the tribe. 

If you are solo, what you would accomplish with a Quetzel is easier to achieve using an Argy. 

7 hours ago, FraggleRock said:

By far the best way is with a friend. If you don't have a friend it gets a whole lot harder. I recently tamed a Quetzel with a friend, using a Tapejara, and that was difficult. 

Anything you do in Ark is going to be easier with friends, but everything is still possible. For example, using a Griffin. 

The Quetzel in general is not a dino easy to tame. If you don't have friends and reject friendly suggestions you have a huge amount of work ahead of you. 

Why do you need a Quetzel? It's a dino best tamed by a tribe, because it will likely be used by the entire tribe for the tribe. 

If you are solo, what you would accomplish with a Quetzel is easier to achieve using an Argy. 

My good sir it is the largest flying Dino and can pick up other animals that a argent can’t. And he’s on the island. 

3 hours ago, gamatron332 said:

Well... yes. However it seems he has allready decided to tame the quetz so why are we discussing why he should/n’t tame it and rather how?

Well #1 because he asked for tips.

#2 Because I have finally been there, and trying to save him from the headaches until he is better prepared. 

Tame the tapejara, get on the back of the it, and whistle it to attack. If it's to close, whistle passive and then make it attack again. It WILL head straight to 50/50, just like they always have. If you could get help, having a driver would help, but you don't need one. If you don't have kibble, use mutton AT LEAST!

16 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Quetzal taming tips

Hello! I just found a level 9 Quetzal and was wondering if anyone could provide some tips for taming a quetzal! I have a LOT of grapples, two crossbows, one is quality 125, and dododex say 15 tranq arrows, I have an argy and pteranodon and parachutes on hand, also have a Tapajara nearby. Don’t want him to desapwn, so what would be the best strategy? Backseat driver with tap? Grapple Argy and whisle attack? Thanks

BTW if your answer is use a friend well my computer has trouble hosting soooooo can’t really. Also please answer soon, plan on tryin tomarow. Also I’m level 96 with levels pumped into speed, and also have taming x6 tanks for any help!

This is a monstrosity, it’s a paragraph.... yours is 3/4 as big!

11 hours ago, ArkRage said:

Read through that monstrosity? ? No thanks.  Watch some youtube videos then if you don't like people's suggestions. Want to tame a quetz but don't have a clue how to do it? You asked for the best strategy,  and that is it. You will just kill yourself with a ptera or argy so good luck with that. 

I do have a clue(I stated that above), I’m asking what’s the best out of these ways, and I’ll kill myself? How? And I do like people’s suggestions, if they read what the situation is and not just say “use YOUR quetzal and trap it in a box”! 

9 hours ago, FraggleRock said:

I understand that but no dedicated is like 10x more laggy than SP, and it’s unplayable before another person logs on. Well it can carry things up to mammoths, it has a platform saddle and lots of weight for heavy transport of large, or multiple creatures! He also looks cool and is fun to say I have, helpful for taming other things, because he is a stand on back dismount, and platform saddle can also be useful for this. And more.

2 hours ago, gamatron332 said:

My good sir it is the largest flying Dino and can pick up other animals that a argent can’t. And he’s on the island. 

Yes

1 hour ago, FraggleRock said:

Ok, but an Argy can carry everything you need to trap those dinos - that would be picked up.

I’m sorry what do you mean my thoes?

46 minutes ago, DodoRaptor said:

Tame the tapejara, get on the back of the it, and whistle it to attack. If it's to close, whistle passive and then make it attack again. It WILL head straight to 50/50, just like they always have. If you could get help, having a driver would help, but you don't need one. If you don't have kibble, use mutton AT LEAST!

I have meat, but I have boosted stats, and would need 20 narqoberries and 11 minuets or so. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

I do have a clue(I stated that above), I’m asking what’s the best out of these ways

You didn't though really.

You asked people "wondering if anyone could provide some tips for taming a quetzal!" THEN you stated what you have available. You never said this is all i'm working with so don't suggest anything outside of that.

If you ask the public for help with a specific scenario and you state what you've got available then of course people are still going to suggest other methods because you asked people for tips. They may provide you with something you hadn't thought of that you already have available.

To facepalm someone because they took time out to try and help you is childish, it's something that grinds my gears when people like you ask for help, then say "Also please answer soon" and then complain that people didn't give you the advice you wanted.

16 hours ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Don’t want him to desapwn, so what would be the best strategy? Backseat driver with tap? Grapple Argy and whisle attack?

6 minutes ago, GP said:

You didn't though really.

You asked people "wondering if anyone could provide some tips for taming a quetzal!" THEN you stated what you have available. You never said this is all i'm working with so don't suggest anything outside of that.

If you ask the public for help with a specific scenario and you state what you've got available then of course people are still going to suggest other methods because you asked people for tips. They may provide you with something you hadn't thought of that you already have available.

To facepalm someone because they took time out to try and help you is childish, it's something that grinds my gears when people like you ask for help, then say "Also please answer soon" and then complain that people didn't give you the advice you wanted.

Well I know how to I’m just not really good at it. Ok well yeah that’s true,  but I didn’t facepalm the guy that suggestive did it, I was just a little annoyed that a guy kept insisting on something that I had already said I didn’t have and didn’t want to get. And yeah the please answer soon is stupid...

3 minutes ago, FraggleRock said:

Well then, your only hope I guess is to get good with those grapples and commanding your bird where to fly. 

Any dino you would want a Quetzel to pick up. 

Oh well I would want to pick up to transport. Even if I trap and tame, once tamed I don’t like hiking through the woods, I’d rather flying peaceful and not losing 2 or 3 tames. Thanks for the suggestion 

1 minute ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Oh well I would want to pick up to transport. Even if I trap and tame, once tamed I don’t like hiking through the woods, I’d rather flying peaceful and not losing 2 or 3 tames. Thanks for the suggestion 

Ah well lemme give you a secret.. Lean in.. closer... (yells into ear) CRYOS!!!!. Goodness me and Era got 4 cryos on like day 2 from a hespy and a couple of tek Dino’s!!

Archived