Finding Tropeognathus on Ps4

DiloKing

I was just wondering which map is the best to find Tropeognathus on (Not including payed DLC) since it is spawning on most of the maps on consoles and yet i can't seem to find it on The Island. I haven't seen many videos on where to find them, so i thought i would consult the forums as all I know is that the share spawns with the Tapejara.....

17 minutes ago, DiloKing said:

I was just wondering which map is the best to find Tropeognathus on (Not including payed DLC) since it is spawning on most of the maps on consoles and yet i can't seem to find it on The Island. I haven't seen many videos on where to find them, so i thought i would consult the forums as all I know is that the share spawns with the Tapejara.....

Non paid DLC, not sure of Tapejara spawn rates (shared spawn).  The Ark wiki could tell you that. Tapejara's are uncommon spawns in General. I don't remember many on Rag or Val. I am less sure of the Center. 

26 minutes ago, DiloKing said:

Found  and tamed one on Xbox ragnarok around 65 lat 53 Lon 

6 hours ago, ZeruIshtar said:

So far no ones posted any coordinates for island in list topic and it a matter of rng dude some tribes have killed hundreds of them and i recommend looking up tips to taming one in that topic cause otherwise it can rip you apart

Yeah i looked up how to tame them, have the trap pieces and everything, it's just finding the darn thing that's the problem for me, i searched all over the island, and people said near the green Obelisk was a good spot, but all i find is tapejaras...... i'm really starting to not like tapejaras after all of this ?

Just did this today, had to go out by the green obelisk before we found one. Supposedly it is the hot spot area for consoles.

Would recommend giving it a boo boo before feeding it kibble.....chained it down, locked it down with nooblets style cage, smacked it a few times with an argy, sat and waited for a awhile, chained it down again, 3 insta kibbles, chained it down one last time, and one final kibble for the win!

2 hours ago, wizard03 said:

Just did this today, had to go out by the green obelisk before we found one. Supposedly it is the hot spot area for consoles.

Would recommend giving it a boo boo before feeding it kibble.....chained it down, locked it down with nooblets style cage, smacked it a few times with an argy, sat and waited for a awhile, chained it down again, 3 insta kibbles, chained it down one last time, and one final kibble for the win!

Well congrats, i'll continue searching the green obelisk area for them, did you find it in the forest or out in in the open around the Obelisk?

On 6/23/2020 at 11:40 PM, DiloKing said:

Well congrats, i'll continue searching the green obelisk area for them, did you find it in the forest or out in in the open around the Obelisk?

It was on the river junction in the woods.....right where the area starts to turn into meadow on the obelisk side of the river. Almost thought it was a pterdon honestly, had to get a closer look at the nose since I couldn't tell if it had a hood on its head.

Archived