Suggestion on how to please your customer base

BigFuzzyBear

Suggestion on how to please your customer base

Since I, and SO many others as can be seen from the forums, how about you guys just provide us with a steam code for the game, and then, when you finally get your stuff together, we come back.
You know, since I got the game, it:
A. cannot work with any non-=dedicated servers (I just wanna play with my damn son in the other room!)

B. NOW, it crashes whilst loading, and when I try to verify the game, it crashes my whole damn PC, and I cannot simply reinstall because I'll lose all my SP data (since I can't play with my son!)

So yeah, do the right thing, fix the game/launcher and in the meantime, show us some respect who  trusted you only to be so sorely disappointed.

Also, if anyone wants to see the attached image to see what can be the problem, I'd love to hear it.

ARKcrash1.png

Yes, the amount paid (or not) at this moment doesn't matter really. It's about future loss in sales and reputation.

I'm just a normal guy, by no means a power gamer. I just look to kill a few hours here and there when I can so I find a few things I enjoy and stick with them. When those games are fun stable and/or well-supported, they always get my support. Always. I rarely visit forums, even less frequently b1tch and complain, but this game has lost me several hours just trying to get it running. So. no, I'm not some choad just trying to get free sh1t,.. b ut I get how my thought can come across that way.. and clearly I don't think it'll happen, but it is my view (stupid or not) and I felt I could/should share it seeing as I'm not some basement dwelling power-gamer who only comes up to breathe if the +1 on the latest patch wasn't exactly what they wanted.. I think I speak for a silent majority of gamers out there...that should worry them.

Furthermore, I was ABOUT to buy some of the currently not-free DLC and maybe even the pass thing... but there's NO chance of that.
And I can guarantee, there's very little to NO chance I'll buy future product from them either if I have other options.
So yea, a gesture on their part, goes a long way to secure a client base and reputation.

You'll just have to wait for the kinks to be worked out of the epic games version.

But it isn't hard to run a dedicated server with ASM (ark server manager) over LAN. For epic version you just need the -crossplay argument. And ASM can pull the server software from steamCMD as anonymous. This is a much better option than single player/non-dedicated mode.

If I actually thought I could figure that out (remember, basic gamer here!), and had the time,  I'd try.  Yeah, I know, that's MY problem, but every "solution" I hear about is not "average gamer" friendly at all. I tried the whole port forwarding methods, and anything else I've seen suggested and none of it has worked... my last step (just so I can play some SP as I do like the idea of the game) is to do a total reinstall after moving the save games somewhere else, and trying one more time, otherwise, I'm out and my son will just have to enjoy his Xbox version without me  :)

21 minutes ago, BigFuzzyBear said:

If I actually thought I could figure that out (remember, basic gamer here!), and had the time,  I'd try.  Yeah, I know, that's MY problem, but every "solution" I hear about is not "average gamer" friendly at all. I tried the whole port forwarding methods, and anything else I've seen suggested and none of it has worked... my last step (just so I can play some SP as I do like the idea of the game) is to do a total reinstall after moving the save games somewhere else, and trying one more time, otherwise, I'm out and my son will just have to enjoy his Xbox version without me  :)

There are lots of YouTube tutorials and ASM is designed for everyone to be able to use. And for LAN, no port forwarding required. But eventually there will be tutorials geared towards epic games players.

Archived