More Phoenix problems

GravyTango

More Phoenix problems

So I spent the better part of 6ish hours hunting down a Phoenix FINALLY found one and it turned into an ash pile. No big deal boxed it in waiting for heat wave finally got it and its still and ash pile. No matter what i do it's still an ash pile is this a glitch or is it DEAD dead. will a different phoenix spawn if this one doesn't revive? I'm at my wits end. I'm playing on my single player and was trying my best to tame it legit idk what to do at this point. Using admin commands seems like a cop out tryna earn this *big sigh*

Update: I re-logged and the ash pile disappeared entirely so im on the hunt again ayhdgfioaushydgfoaheeuyfasy raptor

After doing a grid search and many failures I finally succeeded in taming a Phoenix and it is something that I will probably never do again after this. I guess it was just a lot of trial and error conducting grid search patterns of the map getting a good phoenix taming pen design and such, but what is done is done ??

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

It's glitchy/buggy at best, I've only tamed them properly about 4 times in several years of playing, I mostly get the one I want then clone it over and over so I have backups.  Now that we play on an unofficial map with no spawns, we use the Simple Spawners mod and simply summon and tame it via wyverns and flamethrowers. Sure it cheapens the experience, but it's one dino that belongs in everyone's collection for vanity's sake.

Archived