Official Mods Program Launching to Xbox One and PC!

Jatheish

44 minutes ago, SIASstealth said:

cant you just release it now and stop teasing us? lol. Plus is the centre going to be on official dedicated servers?

If it was ready I'm sure they would.

Yes the map will be available on all servers types (single player, non dedicated and dedicated) as confirmed by Jeremy Stieglitz aka Drake. 

Edited by EvilChaosDX

Can someone clarify this for me?

We aren't actually getting access to mods but are getting them added to the core game as new content? So if I wanted something like Aku Shima or Bridge I can only have it on pc unless it gets added as new content?

If that's the case it's not as good as I was hoping for. I like the map and can't wait for it as after 1600+ hours over pc and XB1 I'm bored of The Ark but Primitive Plus doesn't interest me. Hopefully this changes once the game is finished and released because there are mods I want to use that probably stand no chance of ever being added.

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, holden4ever said:

Can someone clarify this for me?

We aren't actually getting access to mods but are getting them added to the core game as new content? So if I wanted something like Aku Shima or Bridge I can only have it on pc unless it gets added as new content?

If that's the case it's not as good as I was hoping for. I like the map and can't wait for it as after 1600+ hours over pc and XB1 I'm bored of The Ark but Primitive Plus doesn't interest me. Hopefully this changes once the game is finished and released because there are mods I want to use that probably stand no chance of ever being added.

I believe your understanding is correct.

I may be the odd man out on this one, but I was hoping for a higher player density map. I can play for hours with 70 population and might be lucky enough to see another player pass by on a pteranadon, unless I go deliberately in search of someone. When I first started playing ARK I was under the impression players would be fighting for control of resources, then I realized how plentiful they were, but time consuming to collect. I was hoping for territorial wars, not offline robberies.

13 hours ago, MonkeyCMonkyDo said:

Did everyone catch this tidbit in the latest Community Crunch? Primitive+ Dev is expecting an August launch for his mod on consoles.

PrimitiveP.png

You are correct. In the announcement, they stated the program launched with the center map in May. They go on to say:

"Following that we’ll be working hard to introduce more of your favourite mods to the game with Primitive+ (already an Official Mod on PC)."

So it will released further out, eta August as you pointed out earlier. Glad you posted that, I think a lot of people were hoping/anticipating for it to be released with the map. Primitive + will be great on the center when it comes though. Can't wait.

I just read through this entire thread and didn't see an answer to a specific question a lot of people were asking.

Does anyone know if I have my own dedicated server on XB if everyone on there will lose everything on the Island if we choose the Center to play on or will all the Island info be saved?? Is it something that when I log on the server (As the host) I can choose which map to load that day but we can switch back and forth when we want, Allowing us to continue on the island one week and then switching to the center and continuing there another week and so on or do you HAVE to choose one map or another and once you choose a map the other is now all deleted. Also wondering in case there is a mistake logging in and someone chooses the wrong map by accident, would all be lost?

On 4/30/2016 at 7:18 PM, WaRTheNPeAcE said:

It can be found at this link with credible information from the devs

http://www.gamezone.com/news/ark-survival-evolved-s-official-release-has-been-delayed-3436403

WOW!1 Thanks for the link ... Sad to hear it's getting pushed back but at least we're aware it's not a June / July release anymore.  I guess people are going to have to stop saying that now. :D

On 5/2/2016 at 3:08 PM, Superduffgirl said:

I just read through this entire thread and didn't see an answer to a specific question a lot of people were asking.

Does anyone know if I have my own dedicated server on XB if everyone on there will lose everything on the Island if we choose the Center to play on or will all the Island info be saved?? Is it something that when I log on the server (As the host) I can choose which map to load that day but we can switch back and forth when we want, Allowing us to continue on the island one week and then switching to the center and continuing there another week and so on or do you HAVE to choose one map or another and once you choose a map the other is now all deleted. Also wondering in case there is a mistake logging in and someone chooses the wrong map by accident, would all be lost?

You will have two save files, pick which one you want when you launch your server/SP. 

On 5/2/2016 at 10:08 AM, Superduffgirl said:

I read in a post somewhere of a person stating that when they moved to play The Center map and changed back to The Island that they had lost off of their work on The Island, what they had on The Center replaced it all.

It seems to be so, BUT you can save the file (don't ask me how, I saved the info but don't remember it exactly) to be able to use it on the Island.  I was hoping that what was played, created, on The Island would stay there and what was played, created, on The Center would stay on there.  it seems not.  That doesn't mean there might be a way the developers can fix to let the players keep what they create on both maps. I'm not a developer, so I don't know the mechanics of it all, if it is even possible to be done.