Official Mods Program Launching to Xbox One and PC!

Jatheish

2 hours ago, Plannb23 said:
  • 2 hours ago, Plannb23 said:

I've seen conflicting reports regarding the size of the new Center map.  I've seen 20-40% do you know if that's accurate?

Do we wait for them to bring Valhalla?

Per the creator of the center its 20-40%, and that looks about right in the dev kit.

As a Valhalla dev, I can tell you that we have not been approached by wildcard with any official mod information, so may just be best to choose one of the two official ones as announced now :)

Just now, gkainu said:

As a Valhalla dev, I can tell you that we have not been approached by wildcard with any official mod information, so may just be best to choose one of the two official ones as announced now :)

Man ... just burst my bubble .....

Just now, gkainu said:

Per the creator of the center its 20-40%, and that looks about right in the dev kit.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around this though.  Is this surface area that's bigger or the "caves" that add that 20-40% and that's where they're making up ground?

2 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

Man ... just burst my bubble .....

I'm trying to wrap my mind around this though.  Is this surface area that's bigger or the "caves" that add that 20-40% and that's where they're making up ground?

While I can't tell you exactly since I didn't make the center, most of us refer to the maps borders. Probably 20-40% bigger in size when measured from edge to edge of map. 

Sorry to burst your bubble, never know what can happen though!

Edited by gkainu
Words

2 hours ago, Plannb23 said:

Our entire alliance has been having a massive discussion regarding this entire mod project and how it will change the game. 

• Should we move to a new map?
  • Should we stay because everyone else will chase the new map?
  • Will it hit PC first and then hit XBox?
  • Do we wait for them to bring Valhalla?

Points are valid but only a handful. If only we could upload our most beloved creatures/items for the migration :/ 

Plannb23 said:

Our entire alliance has been having a massive discussion regarding this entire mod project and how it will change the game. 

Should we move to a new map?

Should we stay because everyone else will chase the new map?

Will it hit PC first and then hit XBox?

Do we wait for them to bring Valhalla?

My two cents would be that there should be enough servers to handle it.  Not everyone will want to move to The Center, some won't want to leave their bases, some will see it as a chance to have more servers for the Island game, others to give it time to get some feedback and probably more reasons than I can think of.  I can't say that for certain, it is just a guess.

Should you move?  That would be a personal preference.  I think you can play on both islands, so you could check out The Center to see what you think of it.  Also, it is much larger, so more room for players to be spread out.  I think,, again think, I read somewhere on steam that the creator remarked it was close to 50% bigger than the Ark island.  I need to do a search on it, as it is now finished.

It is already on PC, I don't know about XBox, when it will come out though.

On Valhalla, one of the developers stated that they have not been approached about being part of ARK by WC, however, that doesn't mean, in my opinion, that they can't be asked later.  It isn't finished yet and the Center is supposed to be completed except some glitches, which are being worked on. 

16 hours ago, McJeepers said:

Not sure if anyone else noted this, not only is this awesome, but if this really drops in May, doesn't this make Wildcard the first developer to bring a mod to Xbox?  Bethesda was supposed to do it soon, but I can' t think of anything else coming to us before this.

Bethesdas also doing it in may

7 hours ago, McJeepers said:

Yeah, but they also just announced that.  I love Fallout, but I would love even more if Wildcard did it first :D

That announcement was made a while ago about them making mods for Xbox, now giving an exact time estimation is probably just announced. I just love how my friends and people kept telling me they thought it was impossible for mods to come to console. Look where we are now lololol. Mods are no different than DLC for a game :P 

1 minute ago, UDGxKnight said:

That announcement was made a while ago about them making mods for Xbox, now giving an exact time estimation is probably just announced. I just love how my friends and people kept telling me they thought it was impossible for mods to come to console. Look where we are now lololol. Mods are no different than DLC for a game :P 

Sorry, that's what I was inferring to, that they just announced the dates.  And I know right, they said it would never happen!

On 4/23/2016 at 3:39 PM, Rickyh24 said:

Now I face the dilemma of having to decide if I want to start my dedicated over on the Center map. 

Once it's out I'll be definitely be starting my dedicated server with this map.  I was going to start a server earlier, but after hearing this news I figured I would just wait.  No point in starting a server on the island then have everyone start over perhaps a couple weeks later on a new map.

On 4/24/2016 at 0:47 PM, TedyBearOfDeath said:

Well unless someone has said otherwise the estimated release date is June. So the mods coming in May, seems near enough to me. Also I'm sure they want to work out any kinks with releasing the mods to Xbox before the full release. I hope everything works as planned because as you said it is awesome!!

Release was pushed to 4th quarter 2016, from what I've read.

Question for perhaps the next Q&A: 

Any news on when you plan to bring that sweet split screen action and Xbox controller set up to PC? That is by far my most awaited feature ever since you announced plans to bring it to PC and consoles  

And if you guys have decided against it, tell me now so I can go buy an Xbox one. 

18 hours ago, QueenWidow said:

I have a question... the center is a mod, does that mean there will be new official servers with this map? I mean how are they going to do this?

Yea I believe they have already said they plan to have official servers with this map. 

How? You join the server and it's a different map ... They have been hinting at new maps from the beginning anyway. And people have servers with it already!