Official Mods Program Launching to Xbox One and PC!

Jatheish

Just now, XxsidwinderxX said:

im wondering if we will be able to still download anything from The island map. dedicated server

They said in the last ark digest that they would get uploads turned back on. Whether or not downloads are allowed would be up to the server owners. If it were possible to flag a dino as being 'official compatible' or something, they could probably allow data transfer from one official server to another... but it would probably have to be determined by the server itself because such a flag could probably be manipulated...

@TeddyBearOfDeath   If you are talking about the release date for ARK, there is a thread that has a link which states that the release date has been delayed (which would be expected, there is no way it will be ready by June) until later.  Don't remember the timeline, but I am thinking around Christmas time. 

Which I would rather it be later and all the planned ideas be finished without bugs and glitches to have people complaining.

There will still be people whining about it not being ready by June, there is no pleasing everyone though. 

8 minutes ago, Mystalias said:

One of the digests also mentioned increasing stack sizes. Let's hope that comes sooner rather than later, makes inventory management so much easier and will probably reduce the strain on the servers by reducing the number of timers it has to keep track of.

This would be nice alongside the ability to remote use entire stacks, force feeding a Giga or high health creature is giving my XB1 controller a squeak lol

5 hours ago, Orcsist said:

Anyone know of a list online somewhere of all the things in the primitive plus mod?

This is the mods page on Steam Workshop;

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=504360469

Current Additions

In addition to the items below, Primitive+ has altered the model/style of the existing: Spear, Hatchet, Large Storage Box, Bookshelf, Bed, and Smithy to fit the current style and direction of the project! 

Building - Brick, Lumber , Glass (Windows, Doors, Ceilings, Panels) 
Baking - Baking Station, Bread Oven, Bread, Yeast, Dough, Cashew Milk, Honey 
Crafting - Lumber Station, Blacksmith Table, Construction Table 
Alcohol - Fermenting Barrel, Malt 
Crops - Rice, Lettuce, Cashews, Wheat, Coffee,Tea, Sugar, Barley, Grapes, Tobacco, Latex Tree, Breadfruit Tree 
Meals - Combine several consumables for a 'full' buff effect: Chicken and Rice, Prime Salad, Fish and Bread 
Consumables - Chicken, Fish Fillet, Fruit Preserves, Bacon, Spare Ribs (Better than raw meat for taming!!) 
Weapons - Hunting Knife, Machete, Flintlock Pistol, Musket, Metal Hammer, Wooden Club, Obsidian Spear, Obsidian Arrow, Obsidian Pickaxe, Flaming Arrow 
Resources - Carbon, Steel, Glass, Firewood, Organic Oil (Animal Fat and Seeds), Rubber, Limestone, Claystone, Clay, Brick, Wooden Planks, Animal Fat, Leather, Salt, Sugar, Flour and more! 
Lifestyle - Modular Tables, Arrow Sign, Mailboxes, Primitive Stone Fence, Wooden Fence (2 models), Tables, Chairs, Cabinets, Hanging Shelves, and Stairs 
Preservation - Preserving Shed (bulk), Preserving Campfire (primitive), Primitive Grill 
Storage - Water Tank, Firewood Holder, Weapon Rack, Metal Safebox, Wood Shed, Barrel, Miners Cart 
Primitive Tools - Cauldron, Tree Crop Plot, Handmill, (Sugar Press and Tanning Rack) by luisedgm 
Survival - Bee Apiary, Brazier, Bonfire, Stone Fireplace, Teepee, Water Well, Bone Meal Fertilizer 
Buffs - Cup of Coffee, Cup of Tea 
Adult Luxuries - Cup of Beer w/ Buff, Glass of Wine w/ Buff, Rolled Cigarette w/ Buff 

38 minutes ago, TakeEazy said:

Very excited to see The Center being implemented into ARK. Although, I am curious to see how they will incorporate the map. The very foundation of ARK itself, or completely separate map. ?

It will be a completely different map, when you load a world you will be able to choose which save file/world you want to load. Alternatively if you play on Official servers then there will be new servers to run the new map :)

9 hours ago, EvilChaosDX said:

Completely agree with you. The change of map will be nice. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what else will be released onto xbox in the future.

Our entire alliance has been having a massive discussion regarding this entire mod project and how it will change the game. 

• Should we move to a new map?
  • Should we stay because everyone else will chase the new map?
  • Will it hit PC first and then hit XBox?
  • Do we wait for them to bring Valhalla?

3 minutes ago, Plannb23 said:

Our entire alliance has been having a massive discussion regarding this entire mod project and how it will change the game. 

• Should we move to a new map?
  • Should we stay because everyone else will chase the new map?
  • Will it hit PC first and then hit XBox?
  • Do we wait for them to bring Valhalla?

Maybe a democratic vote? Or dictate it, either ones good.

Why valhalla? Fair enough it's an alright map, but it's a bit ott in my opinion whilst the centre seems to be very well thought out.

Just now, EvilChaosDX said:

Maybe a democratic vote? Or dictate it, either ones good.

It was a democratic component.  The reason for those questions were surrounded in what would be best.  If everyone leaves to chase those new maps then the "premium" areas on the map might open up allowing us to have a greater presence in an area we would like to have on the map.

As for Valhalla we all just like that map so much.  The Center map is nice and all but we just like Valhalla more.   

@EvilChaosDX I've seen conflicting reports regarding the size of the new Center map.  I've seen 20-40% do you know if that's accurate?

2 hours ago, Plannb23 said:

It was a democratic component.  The reason for those questions were surrounded in what would be best.  If everyone leaves to chase those new maps then the "premium" areas on the map might open up allowing us to have a greater presence in an area we would like to have on the map.

As for Valhalla we all just like that map so much.  The Center map is nice and all but we just like Valhalla more.   

@EvilChaosDX I've seen conflicting reports regarding the size of the new Center map.  I've seen 20-40% do you know if that's accurate?

Both your points sound fair enough to me :)

And sorry I actually have very little knowledge on the new map and im trying to keep it that way to make exploration a bit more fun. I do know that it is definitely a good amount larger than the current map though.

Edited by EvilChaosDX

6 minutes ago, EvilChaosDX said:

Both your points sound fair enough to me :)

And sorry I actually have very little knowledge on the new map and im trying to keep it that way to make exploration a bit more fun. I do know that it is definitely a good amount larger than the current map though.

Yeah I only know what I see in videos since I've only played this game on XB1.