Official Mods Program Launching to Xbox One and PC!

Jatheish

2 hours ago, gkainu said:

They're selected for the PC as "Official Mods", not just the Xbox... I cannot fathom how this post doesn't negatively effect the other modding contestants. This is a big ol' hype train/advertisement for the ones featured above is it not?

At first I thought that was odd, but PAX is going on and I imagine that announcing that mods and custom maps are coming to xbox is likely more important than the results of the contest being skewed in favor of someone who has been ahead in the voting since near the beginning anyway. Probably just bad timing.

8 hours ago, iNkZL said:

Annunaki mod and badass mod comes too to the program?

8 hours ago, Wulfsige85 said:

Will see if I can find a good video to show all of the map tho I'll tell you now the center makes the island look like a joke no offence devs.

Also I'll be the first to say sorry for losing faith in you guys, I take what I said back.

P.S. give me pimp my Dino MOD and I'll be happy.

look up "Ark the center map" on youtube theres a 20 minute video that shows the whole map. definetly a cool map. cant wait.

I guess the sheer size of Valhalla is what may have put people off. Feels like The Center is a compromise but I'd still take it over the tiny Island we've had for almost a year now. Hopefully the mods will keep new players interested, and not be over thrown by the constant grindfest. Anyways, with the Mod contest going on, I guess I figured they'd put some of the cool attributes into play. Easier to platform proof these ready made community add-ons that have been already tested and have a feedback, than to risk it with a new idea and start developing it from scratch.

+1 for anything that spices things up.

I want to tel @Jat And @Jen and the rest of the Ark team i cant tag directly, THANK YOU, THANK YOU ,THANK YOU!B| I had a sneaking feeling you were going to be putting this on Xbox and  when i seen not only the Center map as well as Primitive Plus..... WOW! :DI actually gave a shout snatched up my wife and son (who both play ark as well) and played the Youtube Video 4 times analyzing everything LOL! so excited. i want to say to the other members of the community we need to be grateful to the Ark Devs for not just allowing such a great game but remember its a treasure that we get to play it early for cheaper. get to experience the development of such a amazing game and we actually get to help build it by making suggestions to the Team. The more we support this amazing team the better the game gets. and finally to the Mod designers of The Center map Mr.Ben Burkart and The Primitive plus mod. I say to you WELL DONE and i raise my Axe in salute!:Hatchet:   

Sincerely, Lord Vargar and the crew of Channel Vargar.

I am one of the ones who is confused as well.  

I play on PC.  Will The Center be an official server listed on our Official List, when it is released?  For instance, right now you can choose, The Island for every single type of server.  After May will we see The Island AND The Center as choices?

Also, if Primitive Plus is going to be an official mod, will we see Primitive Plus PVE servers and Primitive Plus PVP servers as separate choices that we can play on The Center?  These choices will be listed just like the Official Server listings now?

If that is how it will be... OMG!  It will be like a whole brand new ARK game.  :Torpor:

• Administrator

Some info to clarify a few points:

• Of course all the Official Mods/Maps will be free. The intent is to give back to the community and get more great ARK content integrated into the official game on PC and Consoles :)
  • The Official Mods/Maps will all function in singleplayer, etc.
  • We will be hosting & maintaining Official Servers for all the Official Mods/Maps.
  • Because of The Center being added as an Official Map during the Mod Contest now, it will shortly be removed from the Mod Contest competition placement and the next entrant will be moved up. Congratulations Valhalla :D  

All the best,
Jer

35 minutes ago, Jeremy Stieglitz said:

Some info to clarify a few points:

• Of course all the Official Mods/Maps will be free. The intent is to give back to the community and get more great ARK content integrated into the official game on PC and Consoles :)
  • The Official Mods/Maps will all function in singleplayer, etc.
  • We will be hosting & maintaining Official Servers for all the Official Mods/Maps.
  • Because of The Center being added as an Official Map during the Mod Contest now, it will shortly be removed from the Mod Contest competition placement and the next entrant will be moved up. Congratulations Valhalla :D  

All the best,
Jer

You are always the bearer of such amazing news Jer! Thank-you so much for clarifying these points, super excited to run The Centre on my player dedicated!