Official Mods Program Launching to Xbox One and PC!

Jatheish

• Administrator

large.571a9eb479542_ShooterGame2016-04-1916-49-01-30.00_00_16_03.Still002.png

Hello Survivors!

We’re back again with another announcement straight from PAX East 2016! We told you that there would be a lot coming this week, and a bit of everything for everyone and we’ll be true to our words.

Studio Wildcard is proud and excited to announce the ARK: Official Mods program. What this means is that we’ll be able to take a step further when working with Mods and begin integrating them into our Official ARK System. We will be launching this program starting with The Center Map for Xbox One and PC in May 2016.

large.571a9ec051f14_ShooterGame2016-04-1916-49-01-30.00_00_32_23.Still003.png

Designed by community member Ben Burkart, The Center adds an over-the-top, fantasy-themed map that doubles the size of the current game and is more varied than the original ARK map, with tons of new biomes, dungeons, floating islands, end-of-the-world waterfalls, massive ancient ruins, along with other wonders to explore and secrets to find. Drawn completely by hand without any auto-generated content, The Center is a massive increase in the game's official playable content and is free to both PC and Xbox One players.

Following that we’ll be working hard to introduce more of your favourite mods to the game with Primitive+ (already an Official Mod on PC). In the case of Primitive Plus, players are challenged to use only wood and stone without the benefit of advanced metals to create weapons such as guns. A whole new set of items and detailed new mechanics focus the player on 'primitive' survival, which fits snugly in the world of ARK. Primitive Plus will be playable as a functionality mod on all official ARK maps. 

We really appreciate and value the hard work and effort that goes into the mods from the community and will do what we can to help, this new program is another step we’re going to take to ensure that modders get all the support they need and are recognized for their contribution and efforts in ARK!

large.571a9ec135f6f_ShooterGame2016-04-1916-49-01-30.00_00_23_19.Still004.png

Thank you for all your support and be sure to keep up with our PAX East show at www.twitch.tv/survivetheark for all the latest news and announcements! Don’t forget to give the #PAXRex a shout out ;).

See you guys tomorrow!

All the best,

Wildcard Jat and The ARK: Survival Evolved Team.

View full article

31 minutes ago, jagilki said:

Hype.. Hype as all let out.  

I don't know much about The Center.  Any youtubers play on it that I could watch to see a large portion of the scenery? 

Will see if I can find a good video to show all of the map tho I'll tell you now the center makes the island look like a joke no offence devs.

Also I'll be the first to say sorry for losing faith in you guys, I take what I said back.

P.S. give me pimp my Dino MOD and I'll be happy.

1 hour ago, FaneBlackwing said:

I wonder if Valhalla will be coming soon as well?

It probably will, but I can totally see why The Center was picked first.
The sheer size of Valhalla would have many people confused(maybe) and lost(definitely :D), where The Center has everything within reach, caves, resources, all dinos, interesting biomes, deep oceans, always something interesting to look at wherever you go and you don't need to run or fly far to find whatever you may be looking for, whereas you'd have to explore quite a bit to find the fun stuff in Valhalla. But if you want size, nothing beats Valhalla.

And it is among the most favorite maps in the community, so I don't see why it shouldn't :) 

48 minutes ago, HighFlyer15 said:

It probably will, but I can totally see why The Center was picked first.
The sheer size of Valhalla would have many people confused(maybe) and lost(definitely :D), where The Center has everything within reach, caves, resources, all dinos, interesting biomes, deep oceans, always something interesting to look at wherever you go and you don't need to run or fly far to find whatever you may be looking for, whereas you'd have to explore quite a bit to find the fun stuff in Valhalla. But if you want size, nothing beats Valhalla.

And it is among the most favorite maps in the community, so I don't see why it shouldn't :) 

Very, very true! (:

I'd be perfectly fine if The Center was the only one to make it, but Valhalla would certainly be perfect for Official Servers, as many people complain about lack of space for new and old tribes to build on.

55 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

These mods being selected for the Xbox have no bearing on the mod contest.

They're selected for the PC as "Official Mods", not just the Xbox... I cannot fathom how this post doesn't negatively effect the other modding contestants. This is a big ol' hype train/advertisement for the ones featured above is it not?

17 minutes ago, gkainu said:

They're selected for the PC as "Official Mods", not just the Xbox... I cannot fathom how this post doesn't negatively effect the other modding contestants. This is a big ol' hype train/advertisement for the ones featured above is it not?

They're fan favorites... Of course they're going to be popular within the contest.

They said these are the first of many to come, it's not negatively effecting the other contestants at all. Just because these ones are the first to be released officially on both consoles doesn't mean that the devs are telling you to vote for them. It's entirely up to you to decide which one you want to win.