How is there no official response on this?

Jeadeye

How is there no official response on this?

image.thumb.png.75afdf54042cbdb8f871e39a43f926e6.png

Ragnarok 397 down for 106 hours so far... "There could be a list of reasons why its down" Yes... but surely 106 hours is enough time to figure out WHAT that reason is and send a tweet or a post out like
Servers effected by bad hardware:
""""
""""
"""

Servers effected by ddosing
"""
"""
"""

Literally being screwed over because i cant transfer my character the other servers to refresh demolish timers too

Because you have to unlock all tek engrams again?
Because of imprinting?
Because why should you have to have multiple characters because its expected that somehow WGS would raptor up?
Because if there's specific game mechanics to allow you to server transfer your character, then why should i have to worry about making multiple?

2 minutes ago, Jeadeye said:

Because you have to unlock all tek engrams again?
Because of imprinting?
Because why should you have to have multiple characters because its expected that somehow WGS would raptor up?
Because if there's specific game mechanics to allow you to server transfer your character, then why should i have to worry about making multiple?

Its just the way it is. You can wish it was better, but be realistic.

30 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Official servers are free to play once you own the game. You bought the game, not service on official servers.

The fact that they are *official* servers means Wildcard is responsible for them. Since they are responsible for their own servers, we, the players, expect them to keep those servers healthy for us to play on.

Your response might be, "then play on unofficial or host your own server, etc...". Well, personally, I like official servers because they are regulated by Wildcard and Wildcard's Code of Conduct. Its convenient. I paid money for the game and expect service from the developer even years after its release. Which is, you know, what a good developer does for their players.

Just now, HopelessOrphann said:

The fact that they are *official* servers means Wildcard is responsible for them. Since they are responsible for their own servers, we, the players, expect them to keep those servers healthy for us to play on.

Your response might be, "then play on unofficial or host your own server, etc...". Well, personally, I like official servers because they are regulated by Wildcard and Wildcard's Code of Conduct. Its convenient. I paid money for the game and expect service from the developer even years after its release.

WC dosen't have to answer tickets and give experience or dinos lost back. Just look at legacy official servers.

8 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

WC dosen't have to answer tickets and give experience or dinos lost back. Just look at legacy official servers.

I know. They technically don't have to do anything. 

I played on official server 343 back in 2015. It was PVP and after I stopped playing for a couple of months, my tribe got wiped, which was expected. The server is now gone, which I'm okay with. I just only recently started playing Ark again on official server 717, a PVE server (so I don't have to worry about raids), which has been down for the past 24 hours. I guess rather than worry about raids, players on PVE have to worry about dead servers, which shouldn't be a worry at all in my opinion.

If the issue isn't addressed, the only thing I can do is never buy a game from Studio Wildcard again. Not much else I can do in all honesty.

2 hours ago, HopelessOrphann said:

Your response might be, "then play on unofficial or host your own server, etc...". Well, personally, I like official servers because they are regulated by Wildcard and Wildcard's Code of Conduct. Its convenient. I paid money for the game and expect service from the developer even years after its release. Which is, you know, what a good developer does for their players.

Well single player and non dedicated and dedicated are regulated by YOU and plus WC isn’t toooooo strict on their rules, and plus there’s only like 4 people with non dedicated, dedicated you can passcode protect, and single player can’t really be hacked into or anything soooooooo

9 minutes ago, Dinobros2000 said:

Well single player and non dedicated and dedicated are regulated by YOU and plus WC isn’t toooooo strict on their rules, and plus there’s only like 4 people with non dedicated, dedicated you can passcode protect, and single player can’t really be hacked into or anything soooooooo

You're right, but I don't play single player because there is no social aspect. Perhaps I'll search around for a good dedicated server if the current official server I play on turns out dead for good :/

1 hour ago, HopelessOrphann said:

You're right, but I don't play single player because there is no social aspect. Perhaps I'll search around for a good dedicated server if the current official server I play on turns out dead for good :/

HOST a dedicated! Or a non dedicated! Why serch for one, cus the owner might leave and then you’ll be kicked, cus the host is hosting a session, when the host leaves it kicks everyone... 

3 hours ago, HopelessOrphann said:

I'm just waiting to log back in to 717 so I can upload all my Dinos and character. Just so I'm not completely screwed when server crashes again.

7 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Official servers are free to play once you own the game. You bought the game, not service on official servers.

I don't think official servers are a responsibilities either, but  think they are an important advertisement.

I played pvp and pve in both official and unofficial, but a general comparison between them is:
1, unofficial servers shut down (or become empty ) sooner

2, popular unofficial servers are usually highly modded

3, unofficial servers usually have very high multiplier in harvest and taming/breeding

4, popular unofficial servers are usually (configuration wise) unstable

5, popular unofficial servers (obviously) have a smaller network, some do not have dlc maps

What these mean is that:

1, unofficial servers are usually easier and do not require a large tribe ( reason see comparison 2, 3)

2, unlike players in official servers, players in popular unofficial servers do not have to buy dlc to stay competitive in both pvp and pve (reason see comparison 2, 5, mods can sometimes offer alternatives to dlc. For example, a mod that offers element eliminates need to go to extinction)
3, players in unofficial servers usually don't stay as long (reason see comparison 1, 3, 4)

Taken together, what if official servers don't exist?
1, if a large tribe is no required, less people will drag their friends into this game

2, if dlcs are not desired, less people will buy dlcs

2, if less players don't stay long enough to see the new dlcs, less people will buy dlcs

I guess official servers might be a free service, but it can also be an important income somehow

14 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Except you are incorrect, as it specifically makes mention of those features in the advertisement.

The advertising makes specific reference to the official meta universe, it also specifically states the server have 100+ slots, when they only have 70, so it's clear they aren't too concerned with slinging bullpoop

11 minutes ago, Sausagedog85 said:

Except you are incorrect, as it specifically makes mention of those features in the advertisement.

The advertising makes specific reference to the official meta universe, it also specifically states the server have 100+ slots, when they only have 70, so it's clear they aren't too concerned with slinging bullpoop.

I remember the center used to be 100, but then these servers exploded (perhaps literally, I am not sure)

13 hours ago, HopelessOrphann said:

I 'really' wish to know wildcard's stance on this. Too much "You bought the game, not the support and/or servers"  current logic floating about. This could set that straight.

13 minutes ago, Masurao said:

I 'really' wish to know wildcard's stance on this. Too much "You bought the game, not the support and/or servers"  current logic floating about. This could set that straight.

Yeah, I would too.. the answer to this question will directly influence my next series of purchases.

The server I play on has been down for 2 days with no information as to why, or when it comes back, I already seem to be abandoned as a customer but personally, I cannot justify spending anymore money on a company that doesn't give a rats ass about me once I put my wallet away

Archived