What goes in dedicated storage??

SaltyWench

What goes in dedicated storage??

Okay this is driving me nuts and maybe someone here has a link or an answer

What. EXACTLY. Can go in Vanilla Tek Dedicated Storage? I'm trying to build, and I wanted a list so I know how many to make and put down so I don't waste time, space and resources having to re-build or tear down. I have looked everywhere but cannot find a simple list of what can be stored in them. I don't want to use the S+ versions because I don't want to run into the S+ disappearing structures bug and lose everything I've stored in them (again). So can someone just... link a list? Post it on the wiki? Something?

Any basic non-perishable resource or refinable resource that does not have a decay timer.

E:g: wood, stone, thatch, clay, sap (all), ingots, metal, obsidian, cementing paste, achatina paste, oil, gasoline, hide, fur, hair, pearls, crystal, gems, electronics, element, ele dust,  silk, flint chitin, keratin, gun powder, polymer (hard).. and so on.

Items with a decay timer like: Food, owl pellets, fertilizer, eggs, crypods, jerky, veg, biotoxin, squid ink, corrupted nodules, organic polymer, etc, cannot be placed in tek storage

Saddles, armor and weapons CAN be placed in tek storage, but will have their effectiveness reset to default 'primitive' levels.

Side note: Placing achatina paste in a tek box marked for cementing paste will cause it to just vanish, same rule applies for scrap metal, and scrap ingots being placed into regular metal/ingots storage.

As much as I appreciate your reply, that's not what I asked for. I need a comprehensive, itemized list so I know exactly how many containers I need to make. Maybe it's a bit picky on my part but I hate wasting resources and making more than I need to, or finding out I didn't make enough and now they don't fit in the build. :/

49 minutes ago, SaltyWench said:

As much as I appreciate your reply, that's not what I asked for. I need a comprehensive, itemized list so I know exactly how many containers I need to make. Maybe it's a bit picky on my part but I hate wasting resources and making more than I need to, or finding out I didn't make enough and now they don't fit in the build. :/

If it's not on the Ark wiki such a list doesn't exist. The replier gave you the answer/direction to figure it out yourself.

Go to single player and test it out.

only resources or do you want to store also building stuff like walls and emotes and skins?

there are around 139 resource types in ark and with the new gems from crystal its more but i think these gems have timers, so no.

also some resources dont fit into dedi, like leech blood, unstable element organic polymer u cant store

also u can store emotes and building stuff but why should we count that for you and what will happen if someone is wrong and tells u can put 385 items and its only 384

if u want to store every single item build 300-500 dedi boxes and u will be fine

21 hours ago, SaltyWench said:

Wow.... yeah picky is right.

There is no ''comprehensive, itemized list'', the list I made is probably the most comprehensive list that has been written..

I suggest you just grab a pen and paper and start listing non-perishable resources that don't have varying armor values.

Archived