Jemcrystal

Pet crystal wyverns disappear.

Posted (edited)

Pet crystal wyverns disappear.

My passive wyvern was sitting next to my base.  It was not on follow to me or any other pet.  I got the glitch where your chat does not load.  I logged out and back in.  Wyvern had vanished.  I asked for help in chat.  They said it was just a glitch everyone has to deal with now and to put a base around your wyvern or cryo it. 

I want to fly my wyvern as my mount.  Not lock it up or put it away to keep it safe.  Then I'm not actually using the pet so what good is it?

Edited by Jemcrystal

It appear the crystal wyverns will walk on their own after you dismount them.  And just keep walking in a straight line.  So will pters but the pter usually, not always, only walks a short distance and does a turn around and comes back.  I think this "walk" is a dynamic to do with keeping pets from pilling up stuck on each other or stuck on objects.  The walk is okay but it needs to stop not keep going forever.  My missing wyvern was found a long distance from my base appears to have stopped walking finally when it stuck in trees.  

Another player said his was in with a neighbors pets.  

Another player said they  still have not found two missing red blood crystal wyverns.

So they appear to just walk for no reason until they get stuck.

My Fire Wyvern does this on every map occasionally. I suppose it might be happening when I dismount him while walking. To make him stop I mount him again, walk the same direction and stop completely before dismounting.

Could you confirm if it's a workaround until WC fixed it?

This is not specific to Wyverns, i've had this with my Thyla in the past. I dismount and it carries on walking forward, but remounting and dismounting again stops it.

Basically it can't walk off on its own like that if it hasn't recently been dismounted, so you should really notice the moment you dismount that it is walking away. Not sure how you could lose a Wyvern based on this happening.

This is new bug, or at least I've never seen it before.

Its not the dinos walking after you dismount. You leave a flyer resting on ground (or foundation/ceilings) and it can randomly at any moment start to walk forward.

Due to this bug we were told the other day that one of our tropeo was like half map away from the base. We've also seen griffin of a player walking into and staying in our water pen (and it did not drown). We've also seen a Wyvern of another player walking in deepest part of the ocean (again not drowning).

It's a long existing bug, true. But it has became noticeably much more severe and frequent since near CI updates. If I'm not mistaken I recall one time in the past I started to have such unintended behavior with creatures walking forward. It was rare, not as much persistent and simpler to fix. I'm not sure if the bug had been present all the time prior to that.

In my tribe we lost some Wyverns and Tropeo, when flying through the Crystal map we noticed a huge amount of lost flights even at the bottom of the sea we found Wyverns, I'm wondering if we already have the old custom of losing the characters and now losing the dinosaurs what are we doing in Ark?

Edited by BrunoFENIX