Crystal Isles map is overheating computers.

Crystal Isles map is overheating computers.

Unique foliage on this map does not disappear when you turn ground clutter down.

GUmnZ68.png

Follow images are taken at the lowest settings for foliage allowed in ark.  These are not plants you can berry pick these are aesthetic decor:

mjJCZa5.png

tM5Z90D.png

And they are all moving.  Which is very beautiful and artfully well done.  But when planning for an mmorpg you have to consider the equipment that game will be running on.  Every animation adds to the render.  I have to point an air conditioner at my computer with a fan blowing into it.  

HOW THE FREAK DO YOU GET THIS GAME TO RUN ON CONSOLES WITHOUT BLOWING THEM UP??

ezgif-com-video-to-gif.gif

The moving in the breeze plants look very pretty thank you but they need to disappear when I turn that ground clutter bar all the way left.  And reappear when I move the bar back to the right.  Otherwise my system will get VERY HOT.

Edited by Jemcrystal
On 6/24/2020 at 12:43 AM, XxxGodzxxX said:

get better CP cooling. I don't have any problems at all with it

This is a waste of time for you and the op. I have proper cooling, I still should be able to turn foliage like this off as I can on other maps as that is the entire point of graphical settings, is it not?

Saying something like that is simply playground boosting "my **** is better than yours, so there!"

If you can't say anything useful, don't say anything.

On that, I'm not sure if this will help the OP as it's a very dated article but it did help me with my settings when my fps was getting spiked with some areas like the lunar biome in genesis...

https://www.logicalincrements.com/games/ark#settings

On 6/26/2020 at 3:55 PM, AirjamTBV said:

This is a waste of time for you and the op. I have proper cooling, I still should be able to turn foliage like this off as I can on other maps as that is the entire point of graphical settings, is it not?

Saying something like that is simply playground boosting "my **** is better than yours, so there!"

If you can't say anything useful, don't say anything.

On that, I'm not sure if this will help the OP as it's a very dated article but it did help me with my settings when my fps was getting spiked with some areas like the lunar biome in genesis...

https://www.logicalincrements.com/games/ark#settings

He is right... Get better cooling... I'm playing CI With Primal Fear on and still not overheating

But U are right with settings where they not working properly... 

I'm on running on epic and have not ever seen my fans blowing more than 30-40% on any map with a lot of mods either on feet or using any tame including Mana and Skiff so yeah maybe u need better cooling TBH

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/1/2020 at 8:17 AM, TiTmellais666 said:

He is right... Get better cooling... I'm playing CI With Primal Fear on and still not overheating

But U are right with settings where they not working properly... 

I'm on running on epic and have not ever seen my fans blowing more than 30-40% on any map with a lot of mods either on feet or using any tame including Mana and Skiff so yeah maybe u need better cooling TBH

it's still a bug nonetheless and it should be fixed even if it only affects low budget players