Introduce HOT SPOTS Area Related Construction Limitations

Jemcrystal

Suggestion

Introduce HOT SPOTS Area Related Construction Limitations

There are hot spots on every map where building a gigantic base causes invasive lag for other players.  Around obolisks.  Around rare node spawns, beaver dams, any object one spot no where else.  Gigga spawn.  Cactus plants. 

And on Crystal Isles especially where you have to ride-passive-tame wyverns that knock you off, invasive mega base constructions have the worse effect ever!   Passive tames reset if there is any lag whatsoever.  Add gigantic bases full of pets on wyvern spawn areas NO ONE CAN TAME WYVERNS ANYMORE.  It is not possible under these severe conditions.

I propose two fixes.

One is to not let passive tames reset anymore.  If you are passive taming anything, dolphin, wyvern, lystos, etc it should never reset mid taming.  This happens when you leave the area.  Go to far away to find it food.  But the game thinks you have left the side of your tame if lag happens.  Please shut this dynamic off it is faulty and does not work.  I have asked for this for a very long time but you refuse to listen to me.  Do you even play your own game on crowded pve servers, devs?  Do you know what we have to face?  

Second fix would be to limit how many constructions people are allowed in specific areas.  Rafts are already limited.  What I propose is a limit on constructions on sensitive land spots.  So people could make only a tiny hut with a bed and a few pillars on the wyvern spawn in beach.  Or next to the ant hills.  Restrict those areas so no one can place generators or industrial forges.  Campfire fine.  Tent fine.  Eight foundations limit.  One simple forge.  Smithy fine.  Storage fine.  Nothing else.  

Another work around would be to instead adjust the decay timers in hot spots so they cannot be reset by rendering them.  If you built anything on a hot spot it WILL decay.  You cannot stop the decay.  Only in hot spots.  Like the wyvern spawn beach on Crystal Isles.  Players would be forced to replace their constructions if they want to crowd out other players by pretending they need a BIG BUILDING RIGHT THERE WHERE LAG WOULD RUIN OTHER PLAYERS FROM GETTING A WYVERN.

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived