Ovis mutton yields post-nerf

JJacky

Ther's been some back and forth juggling with ovis yields. A few weeks back I remember mutton yields being riddiculously low (killed 3 ovis and gained 2 mutton). To my understanding, the devs have increased the rates somewhat since then.

How are the mutton yields currently? How much mutton are you getting per kill with for example a pick? (haven't been online to test this myself)

1 hour ago, JJacky said:

Ther's been some back and forth juggling with ovis yields. A few weeks back I remember mutton yields being riddiculously low (killed 3 ovis and gained 2 mutton). To my understanding, the devs have increased the rates somewhat since then.

How are the mutton yields currently? How much mutton are you getting per kill with for example a pick? (haven't been online to test this myself)

a 150 tame all points into hp I get 100+ on x2

2 hours ago, JJacky said:

If this is simply a 4x increase to the already badly nerfed rates (0-3 mutton per wild ovis), then it isn't much (I'm talking from the perspective of a new player).

Yes it is. 8-12 mutton is enough to tame some powerful animals. Add to that on maps like rag in the highlands and some parts of val you routinely see packs of 3-5 sheep roaming around. A mutton nerf was ok in general, they just way over did it the first time like usual. Its in a good place now imo.

Just now, St1ckyBandit said:

Yes it is. 8-12 mutton is enough to tame some powerful animals. Add to that on maps like rag in the highlands and some parts of val you routinely see packs of 3-5 sheep roaming around. A mutton nerf was ok in general, they just way over did it the first time like usual. Its in a good place now imo.

I agree that a nerf was warranted. I'm also glad that they readjusted it a bit.

I love when people pretend like there is progression in this game and complain about mutton, acting like most tribes restarting don’t just trade materials for OP mutated Dino’s anyways.  Mutton taming is harmless, and it keeps lower groups on servers instead of having them rage quit.  This game is about power grinding, don’t get bitter because you role played your first journey to max level and other people don’t.

Archived