Breeding bugged?

oJOSHdaBAMFo

I have had similiar problems with my Ice wyverns, but for obvious reasons I had thought it was a problem with one of the mods on our cluster. Might not be related as its a modded breeder but I just thought it was a suspiciously similiar problem. But then again 2 of my crystal wyverns started doing the same and that shouldnt be a mod problem. Ive had the issue on Valguero and Crystal Isles. Unpodding seems to help. I swear it becomes a problem after a server restart but I cant be sure of that. 

18 minutes ago, Cymas said:

Server desync can cause issues with mating and baby growth lagging out. Given the huge influx of new players and all the events stuff going on, it's not surprising that a lot of servers are under heavy load and experiencing a lot of related issues.

can you back this up with personal experience ? or is this just a baseless assumption grabbed out of thin air?

As a matter of fact I can @BertNoobians that's how I know it's a thing. Incidentally that's also why low level smaller animals like sheep often die as babies. They don't have enough food to survive through the desync and starve with food in them, because the server didn't update their growth fast enough. Higher level babies don't have this problem because their higher food stat gives them the buffer to survive.

I've literally sat there and watched it happen while raising babies. Also noteworthy, I've never seen this happen in my single player game.

I’ve noticed eggs timers being off a lot, some even going to 00 not hatching picking them up then having a min left wait until to 00 again and not hatch over and over until you relog ~

I had 13 giga eggs that I put down all at the same time and the next day only a few had similar timers the rest were all over the place, some even off by 40mins ~ 

Also babies some visually stop maturing and I have to de render the area to get it to fix itself and then they are matched up with the others mature % ~ Don’t cryo them if it happens when they are cryo’d they end up with the lower mature % just make sure everyone leaves the area and it should show the correct % ~

I have played ark since early access and never seen timers this messed up before and this issue has been on ab, ext and gen for me ~ This has been since the last update we had on XB that added in the event ~ 

21 hours ago, reddotjellytot said:

We have the issue where the females show as ready to mate and nothing happens when we get the horny male out.  Sometimes leaving them for a while, an egg pops out with no breeding bar.

Sometimes when i cryo and uncryo them they pop out a fertilized egg as soon as i uncryo them even tho mating gets turned off when cryo lol

On 6/20/2020 at 8:56 PM, gamatron332 said:

Have you even been playing ark?? Everyone has this issue

he is saying it is due to high ping and not a bug and that there is no problem, but im trying to say the opposite, wildcard made some changes that has ruined breeding for everybody.

it has doubled the time i need to hatch, thats absolutely redicalous. i drop an egg with 1 minute remaining and 2 seconds remaining and after a long wait they hatch both at the same time.

Archived