Fix official orp servers pls

Owataday

These servers have been plagued by bad settings. Tribes hide behind offline gates which only need a pin code and boom your safe. Tek storage boxes can be accessed when your offline. Even if I build them inside, people can glitch In and try and to deplete or take the recourse. Once again it comes down to setting for this. Orp got a review a few months ago. I was optimistic but it was a lazy review. With no change to orp settings on the servers. Which in turn brings people back to cheating. Sending in a ticket when it is easily fixed is really frustrating. Lazy developers 

15 hours ago, Owataday said:

These servers have been plagued by bad settings. Tribes hide behind offline gates which only need a pin code and boom your safe. Tek storage boxes can be accessed when your offline. Even if I build them inside, people can glitch In and try and to deplete or take the recourse. Once again it comes down to setting for this. Orp got a review a few months ago. I was optimistic but it was a lazy review. With no change to orp settings on the servers. Which in turn brings people back to cheating. Sending in a ticket when it is easily fixed is really frustrating. Lazy developers 

theres always ways around orp^^ if they fix one another will be found PVE has had orp for a long time!! same crap happens. tribe get mouthy then log off lol.. well news flash those orp pixels will never save you^^

23 minutes ago, DoughBoy93 said:

Been calling for this for a while something so easy to fix but wildcard just ignores it. Wildcard are pure lazy surely this is fixed with a toggle of a server setting......

so code and programming is a breeze to you?C3A53FDAFDABF63562C28A309D957880100DA898be my guest get you a job then fix all of our ark issues!!! poop takes time^^ adapt and overcome...

1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

theres always ways around orp^^ if they fix one another will be found PVE has had orp for a long time!! same crap happens. tribe get mouthy then log off lol.. well news flash those orp pixels will never save you^^

so code and programming is a breeze to you?C3A53FDAFDABF63562C28A309D957880100DA898be my guest get you a job then fix all of our ark issues!!! poop takes time^^ adapt and overcome...

Just giving them excuses buddy. Saying stuff like fixing 1 thing leads to another problem is narrow minded. It is easy to fix, pls enlighten me on the difficulty it creates pls. 

Big clap for you buddy I mean coming into this topic and saying get a job at wildcard or poop takes time. You truly are a hero thanks man I never thought about that. Maybe we should all get jobs in things that annoy us because how can we comment if we don’t work in the industry. Flawless logic, 

1 hour ago, Owataday said:

Just giving them excuses buddy. Saying stuff like fixing 1 thing leads to another problem is narrow minded

It's not really narrow minded. Players will always find loopholes and exploits. Cheese the system.

Like the pillaring fast decay system. Loophole is to snap on a ladder.

I doubt WC will give much time or energy to speciality play modes, when the issues of the main play modes are largely ignored.

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

It's not really narrow minded. Players will always find loopholes and exploits. Cheese the system.

Like the pillaring fast decay system. Loophole is to snap on a ladder.

I doubt WC will give much time or energy to speciality play modes, when the issues of the main play modes are largely ignored.

Your probably correct. I just thought I’d shout about it.

On 6/20/2020 at 8:12 AM, Owataday said:

Just giving them excuses buddy. Saying stuff like fixing 1 thing leads to another problem is narrow minded. It is easy to fix, pls enlighten me on the difficulty it creates pls. 

Big clap for you buddy I mean coming into this topic and saying get a job at wildcard or poop takes time. You truly are a hero thanks man I never thought about that. Maybe we should all get jobs in things that annoy us because how can we comment if we don’t work in the industry. Flawless logic, 

lol ?big clap for me?? my game runs fine lol working as intended^^ do you read post?  LOL  how long have u played the game these are not new issues if was a easy fix it would have been fixed ….as far as my quote you clearly sounded like you have a fix so please lets hear it^^ thought so lol like I stated play the game and overcome obstacles in ur way ...

5 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

lol ?big clap for me?? my game runs fine lol working as intended^^ do you read post?  LOL  how long have u played the game these are not new issues if was a easy fix it would have been fixed ….as far as my quote you clearly sounded like you have a fix so please lets hear it^^ thought so lol like I stated play the game and overcome obstacles in ur way ...

Make gates not pin locked, boom now it’s really awkward to live behind orp gates. I’m sorry buddy but you don’t know what you say. Your just here to play devil advocate. Easy server changes could be implemented but just stay the same because they are poop

I have an offline gated cave because i’m tired of getting foundation wiped by tribes of 5+ people who each throw out a cryopod of ascended 150 armor lvl 325 rock golems.

I play by myself on Xbox ORP because my time is already restricted enough..but you still have the no lifer mommys-basement-unemployed trash (before corona) even on these servers. 

No matter what anyone says to me, i’ll never “git gud” because any tribe at all will always outperform a solo player. I had max heavy turrets (a fourth were plants) filled them halfway. Spent about a week of pure bullet making. Aforementioned golems come in and they’re in my base before my 15 minutes are up. All cryopods/loot stolen or tossed, 3 months worth of work destroyed, as well as a $600 flatscreen

And no, i’m not an immature rage monster. Try losing months of real life that could have been spent with family or friends, before you make judgements behind your entitled mega tribe ass screen ?

On 6/20/2020 at 8:12 AM, Owataday said:

Players will always find loopholes holes.

Example: lets make pillars decay faster, creation of new settings fast decay for unsnapped structures. Loophole, add a ladder and the pillar is no longer unsnapped.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

Players will always find loopholes holes.

Example: lets make pillars decay faster, creation of new settings fast decay for unsnapped structures. Loophole, add a ladder and the pillar is no longer unsnapped.

So you bring up an entire different thing to prove that there is no point in changing pin access on doors. Why do you come in with this crap. Most topics you jump into you say the same stuff. All problems are not as complex but for some reason you want to title them as such. Cheat bases that are invulnerable on a PvP server should be cause for concern. Especially when small actions would halt such nonsense

2 hours ago, SaulGoodman said:

I have an offline gated cave because i’m tired of getting foundation wiped by tribes of 5+ people who each throw out a cryopod of ascended 150 armor lvl 325 rock golems.

I play by myself on Xbox ORP because my time is already restricted enough..but you still have the no lifer mommys-basement-unemployed trash (before corona) even on these servers. 

No matter what anyone says to me, i’ll never “git gud” because any tribe at all will always outperform a solo player. I had max heavy turrets (a fourth were plants) filled them halfway. Spent about a week of pure bullet making. Aforementioned golems come in and they’re in my base before my 15 minutes are up. All cryopods/loot stolen or tossed, 3 months worth of work destroyed, as well as a $600 flatscreen

And no, i’m not an immature rage monster. Try losing months of real life that could have been spent with family or friends, before you make judgements behind your entitled mega tribe ass screen ?

Sorry dude but your a cheat who can not handle the heat. Sounds like your Spam game is weak. I play in a 3 man tribe so we are not a mega. Poor base design will always lead to getting screwed. The people that raided you did it legit. I hope someone reports you. You should try PVE if you don’t want no trouble

6 minutes ago, Owataday said:

So you bring up an entire different thing to prove that there is no point in changing pin access on doors. Why do you come in with this crap.

The point is that players will find a way to do what they want, to create safe unraidable bases/supply cache.

For WC, honestly they have more important things to worry about than a specialty game mode. 

19 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

The point is that players will find a way to do what they want, to create safe unraidable bases/supply cache.

For WC, honestly they have more important things to worry about than a specialty game mode. 

Sorry but we all play game modes since this is a game. Turn if pin locks on orp, it’s not hard.

1 hour ago, LEDminer said:

Well, if someone chooses to sit in front of their PC or console and play ARK all day instead of doing something else, it's their fault. Wild Card didn't brainwash you into wasting time on this.

I never said it was anyone else’s fault. It was the fact i already felt guilty enough wasting so much time on a video game. So when my crappy little achievement of building up is squashed completely, it hits you all at once and makes you feel like shiz. 

39 minutes ago, Owataday said:

Sorry dude but your a cheat who can not handle the heat. Sounds like your Spam game is weak. I play in a 3 man tribe so we are not a mega. Poor base design will always lead to getting screwed. The people that raided you did it legit. I hope someone reports you. You should try PVE if you don’t want no trouble

Yes, i am a cheat. So what? What i do is better than being a sociopath who gets satisfaction from making people miserable. Which is 90% of pvpers. Or an undermap mesher.

I didn’t have poor base design. What part of all my turrets were emptied did you not see? I actually had a very good design but that doesn’t mean jack if they can completely brute force you to oblivion..doesn’t matter if you’re fighting 3 or 5 people, you’ll still get served on a platter with extra salt. And vast majority of people who griefed me were huge alphas as well

And i had people report me too. I’m thinking of a number..it represents the number of craps i give. Can you guess it? As long as meshers and insiders/racial griefers go unpunished i’ll do whatever i please. 

1 minute ago, SaulGoodman said:

I never said it was anyone else’s fault. It was the fact i already felt guilty enough wasting so much time on a video game. So when my crappy little achievement of building up is squashed completely, it really makes you feel like shiz. 

Yes, i am a cheat. So what? Better than being a sociopath who gets satisfaction from making people miserable. Which is 90% of pvpers. Or an undermap mesher.

I didn’t have poor base design. What part of all my turrets were emptied did you not see? I actually had a very good design but that doesn’t mean jack if they can completely brute force you to oblivion..

And i had people report me too. I’m thinking of a number..it represents the number of craps i give. Can you guess it? As long as meshers and insiders/racial griefers go unpunished i’ll do whatever i please. 

Sounds like you need to play PVE so people don’t try to PvP your stuff. Any base that can be steamed as quick as 15 mins must have design issues. Now if your saying they cheated then ok I feel your pain. But hiding behind ORP gates makes the hole point of a PvP server pointless. The only way to attack you now is to cheat aswell so your a big part of the problem bud

2 minutes ago, Owataday said:

Sounds like you need to play PVE so people don’t try to PvP your stuff. Any base that can be steamed as quick as 15 mins must have design issues. Now if your saying they cheated then ok I feel your pain. But hiding behind ORP gates makes the hole point of a PvP server pointless. The only way to attack you now is to cheat aswell so your a big part of the problem bud

As i said to the other guy blaming my design. 3 things. 1. 230% movement speed. 2. Absolute max tier golems. 5 of them. And 3. C4

Also yes i'm pvE anyways, good riddance to those control freaks on pvp

6 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Wild Card will still ignore everything else except the official servers. Coming from someone who plays singleplayer, which still has a bug that can mess up resource respawns.

My server is official orp. Look people wildcard send in people to wipe cheat bases when enough evidence is produced. 

So I waste time putting the evidence together which then a staff member comes in and waste more time fixing it when all that needs changing is some server setting. It’s not rocket science 

36 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Well, with official servers I mean the pure official servers, not the others that belong to Wild Card (legacy ect.)

Player support cannot just change server settings like that. It is indeed strange why Wild Card wouldn't change a setting if it would reduce the need for manual wipes and free up the already busy player support.

Already busy player support? Where’s my 2 max level survivors? Oh wait, that’s right! I was refused after setting an appointment a MONTH IN ADVANCE because they didn’t “believe” me. What a bunch of con artists. 

Where’s my countless number of bred dinosaurs that either disappeared in front of me or a rollback deleted ALL of them? They closed my tickets several times after i asked to have them restored..

Only reason i came back to this excuse is because it’s 4x, but so far the event made the game unplayable ?  Once i get my PC i’m probably gonna play Altas because it’s actually more fun

46 minutes ago, LEDminer said:

Well, with official servers I mean the pure official servers, not the others that belong to Wild Card (legacy ect.)

Player support cannot just change server settings like that. It is indeed strange why Wild Card wouldn't change a setting if it would reduce the need for manual wipes and free up the already busy player support.

It’s why I get pissy over this. I know they are busy like every other company. But the problem mainly is orp gates with a tribes online base active inside. Now the only way this works for the tribe is that they set a pin on the door so that they can open it and access the base. It’s been a plague on these servers. If they took the pin option from the door then boom we have a fair playing field.

If wildcard offers official orp servers, they should support them, which they dont really. Besides the seemingly easy to fix problem of pins on doors/gates/windows/hatchframes, which would already have a big positive impact, there are other big problems on the orp servers.

1. It is possible to empty dedicated tek storages of tribes that are offline by using the radial menu.

2. Dedicated tek storages have a decay timer of 80 days. That means every time a bae decays the dedies are left there floating for 80 days until they decay. They block building in a huge radius around them, so whenever a base decays that spot is unbuildable for two and a half months. This can also be exploited to block certain areas on purpose with a permanently orp alt tribe, the boxes only have to be refreshed 4-5 times a year! And from own experience i can say a gm wont remove them, he says the owning tribe might come back and be active again...

3. Pincodes on gates, doors, windows, hatchframes encourage orp abuse. They dont really serve any purpose, but make it easy to live out of a permanently orp base. With the tribe setting of personal ownership you can build base tribe owned, but the interior personally owned. Then u leave the tribe with your main char and can use the base normally but the outer walls are orp and invincible, just have to be refreshed every 2 weeks with the alt char you left in the original tribe.

4. Public teleportation setting. Tribes save the costs for building and defending teleporters around the map by building teleporters with an alt tribe. The perma orp tp is set to public, so it can be used when its orp.

5. Most important point imo: it is easily possible to glitch through doors and gates, and with some more knowledge even solid walls are no problem to go through at all. There are easy and reliable methods to get into any base while it is offline. Inside you unpod a few tames maybe to create blind spots and quickly meatrun (u can build on platform saddle creatures when they stand in the enemies base), and when the enemy logs in you destroy the key parts instantly. The damaged tribe has no way to prove what happened, the glitching took place when they were offline, a video of the enemy already in your base when you log in is not enough evidence, because the gm cant know if your base might have had a hole or open door that allowed the attackers to get in legitimately. And according to a gm, it is allowed to cover a base in tames while the other tribe is offline.

6. Support system abuse. My tribe has been dev wiped for having a fob in the back of a cave that was owned by another tribe. It was obviously only a fob, our main base was in an open spot far from any cave and we were fighting the tribe in the cave for a long time and they were pretty much beaten and perma orp. But a third tribe thought it would be cool to have us gone so they reported us for hiding in the cave behind orp gates. The gm came and wiped all we had, without seeing that there was a legit way to get into the cave for anybody trying and that it was just a fob. He didnt investigate at all, just acted up on the one sided story he was told. And ppl have learned from that incident, it is not unusual that tribes build gates at the entrances of other tribes caves now, so that it looks like the tribe in the cave orp abuses. Then they report the whole thing in the hope the gm does the work for them to wipe the tribe in the cave. And it is not unlikely that it works out with how poor the gms investigate and how different every gm acts.

1 hour ago, acat said:

6. Support system abuse. My tribe has been dev wiped for having a fob in the back of a cave that was owned by another tribe. It was obviously only a fob, our main base was in an open spot far from any cave and we were fighting the tribe in the cave for a long time and they were pretty much beaten and perma orp. But a third tribe thought it would be cool to have us gone so they reported us for hiding in the cave behind orp gates. The gm came and wiped all we had, without seeing that there was a legit way to get into the cave for anybody trying and that it was just a fob. He didnt investigate at all, just acted up on the one sided story he was told. And ppl have learned from that incident, it is not unusual that tribes build gates at the entrances of other tribes caves now, so that it looks like the tribe in the cave orp abuses. Then they report the whole thing in the hope the gm does the work for them to wipe the tribe in the cave. And it is not unlikely that it works out with how poor the gms investigate and how different every gm acts.

This is a really good point and I am sure that GM lack of investigation skills effects players of all types of official servers PvP and PvE.

If there were better in-game communication systems like MMOs have a lot of this could be easier to communicate.

Archived