Remove K Mode

MightyBanana

Suggestion

Ark PVP is unfair K mode

How is it fair when you allow players to K mode through the mesh to view entire base deffences ?

I seriously do not understand, after 5 years you still haven't realized that K mode breakes pvp and allows players to get an upper advantage while raiding.

You are supposed to go in blind not knowing whats behind a rock or a tree  HENCE SURVIVAL GAME

You are not supposed to be able to K mode through the mesh and oh look ok ok generator is there, 3 towers, ok we hit them with the bla bla strategy... its  disgusting

44 replies to this server topic

2 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

So many things wrong with ark but this is one of the things that can wait til ark 2.

Yeah. There are many core bugs or core game design flaws. K mode wouldn't be needed if the building system was better. But ...

12 hours ago, MightyBanana said:

The fact that K-moding allows you to view through the mesh  IS MESHING,

This statement is incorrect. K mode isn't meshing. WC added a meshing detection system and meshing by definition is where your character goes behind/under the mesh. Nothing to do with k mode.

1 hour ago, MightyBanana said:

Typical abuser response ^   I don't want to build around youtube metas, I can be creative using blind spots that enemies are not supposed to be able to K-mode around and see.......

DILO is wrong with yalls mentality seriously ??

K-moding is cheating, period and wildcard is retarded for keeping it in the game.

ARK is only game where players feel entitled to cheat. Remember weight glitch bodybags ? Players on forum and reddit defended them and complained when they got fixed.

K moding into someones base or cave and figuring out vulnerabilities in their defenses is MESHING. Period. It needs to go. 

11 minutes ago, Combinatrix said:

K mode is part of the game, removing it now would cause a lot of people to complain.

The point of this thread is just removing the ability to see through the mesh; there's absolutely no reason to do that besides right before an unfair raid. It's not technically hacking, cheating, or meshing, but it's an exploit that shouldn't have been allowed in the game.

The fact that K-moding allows you to view through the mesh  IS MESHING, yes its bad design on wildcards behalf and it needs to be patched asap. 
Not to mention being able to change your camera to birds eye view " Thats also retarded " oh look my eyes are now 10 meters above the ground ........ i see 360 around me 

NICE SURVIVAL GAME

6 hours ago, MightyBanana said:

It is meshing, meshing is cheating, blame wildcard for being retarded, period.

While I agree it is something that should be patched to not allow the camera to pass through the mesh, labeling it as cheating is not correct. It is a feature that all players have access to, cheating by definition is using methods outside of the game features to gain an advantage not available to most other players.

So yes 100% it should be changed as it gives raiders an advantage, I don't think removing it all together would be a good idea as K mode has many uses even in PvP but I agree it should be changed to not allow players to see through the mesh, but calling it cheating and labeling players who use K mode as cheaters is a step too far. Many use K mode for legit purposes and not for undermesh base viewing. Even those who do use it for undermesh viewing are not cheating as it is a feature of the game until devs do something about it. Yes it is stupid, yes it should be changed, yes it gives raiders an advantage. However it is not an exploit nor is it a form of cheating, it would only be cheating once WIldcard remove the ability to see under the mesh and then if some players still found a way to do it then that would be a cheat.

I think badly designed game mechanic is a better term for something like this. Cheating implies going against some kind of rule or using methods not easily available to the rest of the players to achieve some unfair advantage, of which k mode does not fall into. 

The point of this thread is just removing the ability to see through the mesh; there's absolutely no reason to do that besides right before an unfair raid. It's not technically hacking, cheating, or meshing, but it's an exploit that shouldn't have been allowed in the game.
It is not an exploit, as others have alr said, it is a feature of the game. If its not allowed devs would have fixed it alr by simply disabling k mode and not leave it in the game since the beginning.

You should not be able to K-mode period in pvp

Birds eye view/ looking behind you having insane vission while chasing someone, looking behind stone/trees etc etc.
K-mode through mesh to see entire base setup, destryoing hundreds of hours of pvp players planing to setup deffence system for their bases. 

UNFAIR IS UNFAIR. 

Its meshing/ its bad design / its poop PVP 

NICE SURVIVAL GAME

9 hours ago, MightyBanana said:

get out of my thread abuser 

Man you should really stop targeting your frustration at players and focus that energy at WIldcard, they coded the game to include K mode in the way it currently exists, they also have not made it against the rules at all to use K mode in such a way and so by all intents purposes you calling people cheaters for using it the way the devs have allowed for is a false accusation. It really isnt fair. Imagine someone doesnt like that you drive your car above 40 km/h, despite road signs clearly saying you are allowed to go at say 60 - 80, some person keeps coming to you and calling you criminal scum and accusing you of breaking the law, it would be really dumb right? instead that person should raise their complaint with the city administration or municipality no? they would be the ones to blame for the speed limits, not the citizens who are just using the laws given to them by the authorities that be. Please use a little rational here ;)

18 hours ago, MightyBanana said:

Ark PVP is unfair K mode

How is it fair when you allow players to K mode through the mesh to view entire base deffences ?

I seriously do not understand, after 5 years you still haven't realized that K mode breakes pvp and allows players to get an upper advantage while raiding.

You are supposed to go in blind not knowing whats behind a rock or a tree  HENCE SURVIVAL GAME

You are not supposed to be able to K mode through the mesh and oh look ok ok generator is there, 3 towers, ok we hit them with the bla bla strategy... its  disgusting

if a player is able to get close enough to use k mode you built incorrectly.....k mode is used for much more reasons than u have to disable ;) keep k mode chage the way u build...

1 hour ago, Castlerock said:
1 hour ago, DodoRaptor said:

It is not an exploit, as others have alr said, it is a feature of the game. If its not allowed devs would have fixed it alr by simply disabling k mode and not leave it in the game since the beginning.

You're saying the developers have actually removed everything from the game that wasn't intentional? I mean you can't look through solid walls, it seems like an oversight to not also apply this to the terrain.

5 hours ago, MightyBanana said:

Typical abuser response ^   I don't want to build around youtube metas, I can be creative using blind spots that enemies are not supposed to be able to K-mode around and see.......

DILO is wrong with yalls mentality seriously ??

K-moding is cheating, period and wildcard is retarded for keeping it in the game.

but it a issue yes but I also use to defend so ? i

4 hours ago, covenantgrunt said:

ARK is only game where players feel entitled to cheat. Remember weight glitch bodybags ? Players on forum and reddit defended them and complained when they got fixed.

K moding into someones base or cave and figuring out vulnerabilities in their defenses is MESHING. Period. It needs to go. 

pvp is not the only game mode zzz… but  yes but I also use to defend so ?

Archived