Crystal Isle Challenge Caves

AngrySaltire

Does the Crystal Isles seriously not have any challenging caves ? I am in the procress of working to collect all the Artifacts but it seems there is nothing more difficult than just finding the things. The Center had the puzzle cave and the volcano cave etc. Ragnarok had the Ice Cave, Jungle cave and the Labyrinth. Valguero had the various dungeons. But from what I can work out, CI has little to no challenge in getting to the Artifacts. Is the only end game content just the final boss ? 

18 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Does the Crystal Isles seriously not have any challenging caves ? I am in the procress of working to collect all the Artifacts but it seems there is nothing more difficult than just finding the things. The Center had the puzzle cave and the volcano cave etc. Ragnarok had the Ice Cave, Jungle cave and the Labyrinth. Valguero had the various dungeons. But from what I can work out, CI has little to no challenge in getting to the Artifacts. Is the only end game content just the final boss ? 

That's what I thought yesterday, it is a boring map and a lot! Not a single cave where you have to face difficulties to collect the artifacts, here it is very simple, you arrive, you take and you leave. Break the essence Ark, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Sam78 said:

That's what I thought yesterday, it is a boring map and a lot! Not a single cave where you have to face difficulties to collect the artifacts, here it is very simple, you arrive, you take and you leave. Break the essence Ark, in my opinion.

I like the map, even if its not my favourite map. For me a big part, as you say, of a map and Ark gameplay is caving, particularly the harder caves and its just so disappointing that it has none of that. 

On 6/19/2020 at 6:46 AM, AngrySaltire said:

Yes, the caves don't seem too hard, but you do need alpha crystal talons to get into the boss arena. I've yet to see anyone say how they managed to find and kill a alpha wyvern to get the talon. Or maybe there is another way to get the talon (besides admin commands which I have seen people use).

17 minutes ago, wildbill said:

Yes, the caves don't seem too hard, but you do need alpha crystal talons to get into the boss arena. I've yet to see anyone say how they managed to find and kill a alpha wyvern to get the talon. Or maybe there is another way to get the talon (besides admin commands which I have seen people use).

Use a Blood wvyern's bite to kill the Alpha.  Imprinted would help.  These blood alphas seem to be faster and fly in less predictable circles, so you might want to put it into a trap first.

The best way to kill any wyvern (except for Poisons) is to use the same type so you and yours is immune to the special attack.  Wanna Kill an Alpha Blood use a Blood.  Wanna kill the traditional Alpha wyvern, use a fire.  Wanna kill a lightning use a lightning.  Wanna kill a poison, wear as gas mask.  Poison attack will hit the rider.

3 minutes ago, dv8ndie said:

Use a Blood wvyern's bite to kill the Alpha.  Imprinted would help.  These blood alphas seem to be faster and fly in less predictable circles, so you might want to put it into a trap first.

The best way to kill any wyvern (except for Poisons) is to use the same type so you and yours is immune to the special attack.  Wanna Kill an Alpha Blood use a Blood.  Wanna kill the traditional Alpha wyvern, use a fire.  Wanna kill a lightning use a lightning.  Wanna kill a poison, wear as gas mask.  Poison attack will hit the rider.

Thanks. I played scorched earth long ago. I'd forgotten about the immune to attack with the same type thing. That is what I will do, now I just need to find one of the alpha wyverns, which are rare.

Now that I know this, I might also want to wear a gas mask in case I get ambushed by one of the heir poison wyverns while looking for the alpha.

16 hours ago, wildbill said:

Thanks. I played scorched earth long ago. I'd forgotten about the immune to attack with the same type thing. That is what I will do, now I just need to find one of the alpha wyverns, which are rare.

Now that I know this, I might also want to wear a gas mask in case I get ambushed by one of the heir poison wyverns while looking for the alpha.

There are no poisons on that map by default.  Only ice, fire, and blood attacks from wyverns.  I am unsure if the new fire/ice is immune to the old fire/ice and visa versa.  If you are good on a griffin or have a saddled trop, either with a good bit of stamina, you can kite groups of Heirs away from the Wyvern Mountain Lair.  I like to kite them out to sea/desert dunes as to not bring them closer to other players.  That should cause respawns on the top of that mountain.

Usually i just use a lightning wyvern with high stamina to kill all 3 original kinds of wyverns( alpha fire i use trap). I just circle them very tightly in the air and aim the lightning at them, fire and poison will die without hitting me at all. For lightning i just stay landed with the wyvern on sloped land and the mouth positioned higher than the tail side, i find it more easier to bite them as they circle around u in that position.

2 hours ago, Castlerock said:

Usually i just use a lightning wyvern with high stamina to kill all 3 original kinds of wyverns( alpha fire i use trap). I just circle them very tightly in the air and aim the lightning at them, fire and poison will die without hitting me at all. For lightning i just stay landed with the wyvern on sloped land and the mouth positioned higher than the tail side, i find it more easier to bite them as they circle around u in that position.

That would be fine, but the post is about Crystal Isles, and the lighting wyvern is not native to Crystal Isles.

Personally, I'm only using stuff from Crystal Isles. Not sure about the OP, but I think that is what they are trying to do too.

I'll be coming up with a plan to kill an alpha using only stuff from Crystal Isles. The Griffin sounds like one way to go. So far I've stayed away from them on Crystal Isles, but now might be the time to get one. Also building a cage sounds like the way to go. Someone mentioned that a Griffin can fit through a normal gate and a wyvern can not. That might be how I design my trap to capture the alpha wyvern and kill it. I had traps when I played on scorched earth, but they were designed with the idea in mind that I would have a lightning wyvern.

On 6/23/2020 at 10:48 PM, wildbill said:

I already have all the artifacts to summon the Boss in Gamma, and I had been looking for an Alpha Crystal Wyvern for a few days and yesterday I saw one near my base, so I already have the Wyvern Alpha Heel. It also didn't take much to get. Come on, you can already say that I have the map almost finished after the short time that it came out, not having to breed any specific dino to be able to make the caves like in The Island or Valguero for example, it becomes almost boring.

Archived