Suggestion

Center/Ragnarok/Valguero Unique Bosses TLC

Since seeing the unique boss for the crystal Isles I thought about the other free mod maps and how you could make them each feel brand new all at once...

I feel adding a new unique boss and arena to each of these maps would bring everyone in force back to play through these maps, get the artifacts, and fight the new bosses. Win-Win for you and the community for a lot less work than a whole new map or DLC I would think...

I have some ideas to put forward for each of these maps if you will hear them out...

The Center

Since it already has its own unique arena which is so well made I would stick with that theme. Since there is only One unique Boss on Crystal Isles I will stick with that model for each map.

It would be easy to just slap the Megapithecus (Kong) on his own and say have at it... but I think being king of a whole map he should be more along the lines of an Ultrapithecus... Having a much more detailed model and attacks...

Maybe more speed and targeting, a more vertical stance like the Bigfoot, and maybe he can climb a cliff and make boulders fall down as an evasion when taking to many hits.

That would be much more epic and fitting for first free map in my opinion...

Ragnarok

Since we already used a variation of one of the island maps bosses for one map... It would make since plus make them all neat and uniform to use the other two also...

Obviously a reskin Dragon Boss from the Island would be amazing enough... but give it a little smoother flying motions and better path finding for that particular arena and you already have a fight which is twice as good... but adding at least one unique attack would make it ten times better... 2 and it's a whole new fight... Keep the Rock Elementals as minions, but make these unique...

Have the Dragon fly straight up into the sky with an animation that makes it obvious this attack is coming... Have the Dragon release a fire ball that engulfs the center of the arena giving you a ring on the outside of the arena which is safe from damage... Have all the Rock Elementals hit with this attack become the Magma Elemental version for the first few minutes after the attack... Epic.

Add in a couple of fire wyvern minions at the beginning, middle and last bit of the Dragon's health bar and that would be an amazing way to end one of the best maps Ark has to offer...

Valguero

Last but certainly not least is the Broodmother... but how about a Brood-Empress?

This would be the only one that needs some actual work done to their boss arena... Valguero has a very open boss arena and that would have to be altered a bit to give some areas for her to climb, like an open crevice or cave mouth with webbed up tunnels or something... A long with a spider web make over to the whole arena.

I see a more flexible and agile version than a Broodmother that can run up walls and hang from ceilings... Maybe have Broodmothers that are smaller and weaker than the gamma version (Brood-Princesses) that come out of the webbed tunnels along with a bunch of araneos as the Empress hangs from the cave mouth or added in over hangs as it hits mid-health bar and low-health bar...

I see her larger but thinner than the Broodmother with longer legs, and when hanging from the ceiling/overhangs she can use webbing to pluck riders off their dinos and drop them into her brood to feed...

You could have a LOT of fun creating an upgraded spider boss fight...

Even making these ideas simpler would be amazing and add a huge resurgence for the prior mod-maps.

Something to think about for the future down the line...

You could even add one explorer note to each map that explains these are the perfect end-results of the bosses from the Island that "Rockwell" or the Ark system or whatever created in it's programming of making harder threats for the survivors to face... The other two being phased out due to the one becoming so effective, etc... And each map a different boss happened to be the one to "Evolve" through the programming... Just a thought.

Maybe make unique survivors from each map that left the note. An Easter egg nod to the devs in the names of the survivors on the notes for their maps would probably be a nice gesture...

Would be pretty amazing just saying...

0 replies to this server topic

There have been no replies to this suggestion yet

Archived